Haunted Mansion 50th Anniversary Thread

D.Silentu

It's a shame that the Mansion's anniversary happens to share the year with the opening of Galaxy's Edge. It would be nice to see some technical upgrades to the ride, and perhaps something new in the spirit of the octopus scene added to Pirates. However, on top of the Star Wars crowds and with the down time for Haunted Mansion Holiday, there's little chance they would close the ride for such a thing. Everyone correctly bemoans the digital hitchhiking ghosts at Magic Kingdom, but I have heard that the same refurb added a new sound system to the stretching room which is a true improvement. That's the kind of thing I would like to see and a fitting present for one of the greatest rides ever built.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Forget merchandise. The best thing that could happen for the 50th is the removal of Constance.

Won't happen, but I can dream.

Constance is the Redd of the HM. They both replaced a classic character for something inferior looking that won't shut up. Removing either would be they admitting they screwed up. We're stuck with this garbage forever.

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

Constance is the Redd of the HM. They both replaced a classic character for something inferior looking that won't shut up. Removing either would be they admitting they screwed up. We're stuck with this garbage forever.

I like to think that the removal of the Davy Jones mist screen in Pirates and the revival of the original dialogue is an acknowledgement that maybe not every change made to these rides is a positive. Of course, they did bring Redd in at the time, so they're certainly not super bright. Maybe the next refurb will get rid of Barbossa?

I'd love for them to turn the attic back into the original iteration.... including moving the Hatbox Ghost back into it's proper spot.

mickEblu

I like to think that the removal of the Davy Jones mist screen in Pirates and the revival of the original dialogue is an acknowledgement that maybe not every change made to these rides is a positive. Of course, they did bring Redd in at the time, so they're certainly not super bright. Maybe the next refurb will get rid of Barbossa?

I'd love for them to turn the attic back into the original iteration.... including moving the Hatbox Ghost back into it's proper spot.

I would be ok with POTC adding a 4th Johnny Depp of it meant losing the current Constance.

SuddenStorm

I would be ok with POTC adding a 4th Johnny Depp of it meant losing the current Constance.

Agreed. Pirates will never be what the creators intended... With or without Sparrow. It was being bastardized before Depp was ever added to the ride.

Mansion could be exactly what the creators intended... Including with the Hatbox Ghost now that they figured out how to make the figure work.

At this point, Pirates is lost. Mansion doesn't have to be.

shortstop

The inclusion of Johnny Depp in DLP’s Pirates is even worse than DL’s. The cave scenes at the end show all of the dead pirates who succumbed to the greed of the pirate life, only to end with Johnny Depp chillin on a pile of gold. What the heck happened? Is he immortal?

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
The inclusion of Johnny Depp in DLP’s Pirates is even worse than DL’s. The cave scenes at the end show all of the dead pirates who succumbed to the greed of the pirate life, only to end with Johnny Depp chillin on a pile of gold. What the heck happened? Is he immortal?

I think that's supposed to be the real Johnny Depp sitting on his gold.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

It's a shame that the Mansion's anniversary happens to share the year with the opening of Galaxy's Edge. It would be nice to see some technical upgrades to the ride, and perhaps something new in the spirit of the octopus scene added to Pirates. However, on top of the Star Wars crowds and with the down time for Haunted Mansion Holiday, there's little chance they would close the ride for such a thing. Everyone correctly bemoans the digital hitchhiking ghosts at Magic Kingdom, but I have heard that the same refurb added a new sound system to the stretching room which is a true improvement. That's the kind of thing I would like to see and a fitting present for one of the greatest rides ever built.
no leave the sound system alone at Disneyland. Florida's stretching room has this awful squeaky and creaky noise that plays over the ghost host's monologue as the room stretchs that is supposed to add to the illusion of the room stretching and it is sooo distracting and uncessary. the original imagineers designed the show to be presented a certain away and adding uneeded creeks was not one of them.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

The only ride photo

I wish I could give your post a million likes. constance and red are horrible. I wish they would bring back the silent but heart beating bride. man that was the perfect bride. so creepy and scary with the subtly.

D.Silentu

Florida's stretching room has this awful squeaky and creaky noise that plays over the ghost host's monologue as the room stretchs that is supposed to add to the illusion of the room stretching and it is sooo distracting and uncessary.
I appreciate hearing this, I had no idea. My example then, wasn't a good one but I still would appreciate some update. As others have said, it might be time to break up with Constance.

britain

Um, yes, if it includes some of Cortez’ cursed gold.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom