Hatbox Ghost Returns soon

draybook

ThemeParkOne on Twitter has said that he doesn't think the Hat Box Ghost is coming.

Is he as highly regarded as Lee seems to be in respect to rumors coming true? Just wondering because I'm trying to gather a list of folks who are the ones people turn to when looking for the "truth".

MKCP 1985

I will look forward to meeting the Hatbox Ghost. :king: :D

Of several friends and neighbors who've visited the Haunted Mansion since the changes in the queue and end of the ride, they have ALL welcomed the changes and described them as terrific. I'll take their happiness over the grumblings of some around here and I look forward to seeing the revisions to the queue, the ending AND Mr. Hatbox Ghost on my next trip. :lol: :sohappy:

RSoxNo1

Is he as highly regarded as Lee seems to be in respect to rumors coming true? Just wondering because I'm trying to gather a list of folks who are the ones people turn to when looking for the "truth".

Lee may be able to speak to that better than myself. He has also said that the "hollow" attraction announcements aren't happening either.

WorldKey

^Couldn't agree more. Nothing says ridiculous frothing fanboy to me than the way people get agitated over the Haunted Mansion.

Nothing in the queue ruins the attraction. It's foreshadowing at best, and lighthearted fun for kids (and adults like me) with short attention spans at worst. To say that it's anything worse requires huge leaps of logic and reading way more into it than is there. It's not as if the Imagineers went and took a dump on the Constitution. They added some small gags that do a great job at entertaining (*gasp* the purpose of the park!) to a bland queue. Not everything is executed brilliantly, but it is hardly as "damaging" as some people claim.

I think some people fail to realize not everyone is obsessed with the attraction as much as the folks on some websites dedicated to it. Those people are probably .000000000001% of all guests, yet they have far and away the loudest voices online.

AMEN!! Sometimes the energy that some of these fanboys put into their dissention is exhausting.

AEfx

AMEN!! Sometimes the energy that some of these fanboys put into their dissention is exhausting.

You want exhausting, look at the link he posted to the main "rant" about this tiny little insignificant thing.

I am known for being verbose, and I have a fine attention to detail and appreciate similar, but I got such a headache after reading it after 20 minutes I had to stop out of sheer frustration.

I mean, it goes beyond paint chips, it's basically looking at the Haunted Mansion at the molecular design level...that doesn't even really exist except in his mind. ;)

Lee

Adventurer
Lee may be able to speak to that better than myself. He has also said that the "hollow" attraction announcements aren't happening either.

Theme Park One is very wired into the DL resort. Trust what he says in that area.
Other things...opinions vary. Some of his statements directly contradict things I hear from very well-placed people. Time will tell.

As always on a Disney rumor board...things change. What was true yesterday may not be true tomorrow.

As for the HBG...for what it's worth...I can attest to the fact that molds for his face are on WDW property as we speak. Have been for quite some time.

tirian

You want exhausting, look at the link he posted to the main "rant" about this tiny little insignificant thing.

I am known for being verbose, and I have a fine attention to detail and appreciate similar, but I got such a headache after reading it after 20 minutes I had to stop out of sheer frustration.

I mean, it goes beyond paint chips, it's basically looking at the Haunted Mansion at the molecular design level...that doesn't even really exist except in his mind. ;)

The HM additions are harmless fun, and the new hitchhiking ghosts are phenomenal. I get annoyed with those sorts of useless fanboy rants (they're somewhat scary) when other things (Splash, UOE, Imagination) need legitimate work.

AEfx

The HM additions are harmless fun, and the new hitchhiking ghosts are phenomenal. I get annoyed with those sorts of useless fanboy rants (they're somewhat scary) when other things (Splash, UOE, Imagination) need legitimate work.

I feel a bit bad as I don't mean to keep ragging on him, he is a dedicated fan and I do feel where he is coming from, but I do agree with the end of your statement and I echoed it initially. Haunted Mansion is hands-down the most loved, has the most attention given, and the most well-maintained attraction on Disney property on both coasts. It sees yearly additions now, is kept in great shape, and gets better and better every year.

Like I believe you would agree, I'd like to see that kind of attention lavished on other attractions as well that are in much, much worse shape.

devoy1701

I feel a bit bad as I don't mean to keep ragging on him, he is a dedicated fan and I do feel where he is coming from, but I do agree with the end of your statement and I echoed it initially. Haunted Mansion is hands-down the most loved, has the most attention given, and the most well-maintained attraction on Disney property on both coasts. It sees yearly additions now, is kept in great shape, and gets better and better every year.
Like I believe you would agree, I'd like to see that kind of attention lavished on other attractions as well that are in much, much worse shape.

I wish they would extend this way of thinking/maintaining attractions across the board...or atleast across the major e-tickets in the parks. I get not having to constantly "plus" the Mad Tea Party...but small yearly additions/changes to the Mountains, HM, SSE would be a welcome surprise.

Lee

Adventurer
Great video. Hadn't seen that one.

I like how Tony says that no molds exist.

Um.....they do now...:lookaroun

:D

Krack

I don't have much to add about the Hatbox Ghost (they've been saying "it's coming" for years; I assume eventually it will pop up). I just wanted to say that however verbose, passionate, and obsessed HMF may be about the particular topic of the new queue ... he's also mostly correct, in my opinion. It just doesn't make sense for story purposes. Story aside, I also assume anything that Disney encourages the guests to touch will be in a constant state of broken and/or b-mode (so effects like the books are a waste of time), and eventually shut off. And parts, like the poet and the music crypt are downright awful.

Normally, I wouldn't even bother to comment, but since every one seems to be ganging up on him in this particular thread, I don't mind speaking in his defense.

tirian

I don't have much to add about the Hatbox Ghost (they've been saying "it's coming" for years; I assume eventually it will pop up). I just wanted to say that however verbose, passionate, and obsessed HMF may be about the particular topic of the new queue ... he's also mostly correct, in my opinion. It just doesn't make sense for story purposes. Story aside, I also assume anything that Disney encourages the guests to touch will be in a constant state of broken and/or b-mode (so effects like the books are a waste of time), and eventually shut off. And parts, like the poet and the music crypt are downright awful.

Normally, I wouldn't even bother to comment, but since every one seems to be ganging up on him in this particular thread, I don't mind speaking in his defense.

My respect level for you just went up. The Internet is indeed a volatile place.

blm07

I'd rather they make the bride look more realistic before adding the hatbox ghost. I don't know, I'm just not excited about the hatbox ghost, and I don't understand why it's become so popular.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Speaking of the Hatbox Ghost, I'll just be leaving this here
[YOUTUBE]VnERBLhd5ac[/YOUTUBE]

That's weird. This thread links to the video and that video links to this thread at 4:13 into the video.

hatboxvideo.jpg

GymLeaderPhil

There's a hole cut into a black wall with a tarp between the ballroom and attic scenes. Could this be his location instead of the brightly lit attic?

Epic Epcot

Here's a thought that just occurred to me: could this have anything to do with Guillermo del Torro's upcoming HM movie? After all, it was mentioned the HBG would be a central character in the movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom