News Hatbox Ghost coming to Walt Disney World's Haunted Mansion

Bocabear

Del Toro could’ve delivered a visually lush classic for under $100M.
Absolutely...And it probably would have been a classic.
This movie was cute and fun, but no substance... When doing a movie for a classic Disney attraction I would rather they take their time and remember that the attraction is iconic... The film needs to be every bit the same... Not a rushed comedy with a lot of ghosts and special effects bits. And the CGI Hatbox Ghost render was terrible...Looked more like a gray version of The Grinch in better clothes,

yensidtlaw1969

A Spirited Development: Progress on the Hatbox Ghost in Magic Kingdom's Haunted Mansion​

The Knight's lighting was updated during the refurb - he used to be lit from the base of the candlestick across the Hall, but with the curtains in place that clearly wasn't possible anymore. Looks like he is now lit from below by the base of the candlestick in front of him and also from a bright light hidden inside the candle itself.

I would guess that might be permanent given how much darkness The Hatbox Ghost needs to work properly. They likely won't fuss up his corner with any unnecessary lighting instruments.

yensidtlaw1969

My Question to everyone here is......If there are 999 Happy Haunts and they add the Hat Box Ghost. there won't be "Room for One More" What Ghost is being asked to leave?
We don't see nearly all the Ghosts in The Haunted Mansion when we ride through. Disney's take is that he was lingering unseen within the Mansion this whole time and part of the 999 count.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
We don't see nearly all the Ghosts in The Haunted Mansion when we ride through. Disney's take is that he was lingering unseen within the Mansion this whole time and part of the 999 count.
Ghosts are immaterial and live in the astral plane which has infinite about of space, thus...

yensidtlaw1969

I think people are giving the movie too much credit re: Leota’s wig change. It’s not like the previous wig looked particularly different from how she appears in the movie. I think it’s just a simple cosmetic update.

Truthfully, I’m not totally convinced the whole ball hasn’t been replaced, or at least its contents - it’s hard to tell without seeing in person, but it seems like her face might map more closely now to the way it has at Disneyland for a bit. She has a bit of a “widows peak” in shadow on her forehead that wasn’t there before but has been present at DL for a bit.

It seems a little more likely to me that they swapped the whole thing out overnight than that they opened the ball, replaced the wig, styled it, and put her back inside, and got her ready before opening the ride for the next day. Her new hairstyle actually debuted they day before the ride went down for its short refurb, but it didn’t seem to capture anybody’s attention.

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

I think people are giving the movie too much credit re: Leota’s wig change. It’s not like the previous wig looked particularly different from how she appears in the movie. I think it’s just a simple cosmetic update.

Truthfully, I’m not totally convinced the whole ball hasn’t been replaced, or at least its contents - it’s hard to tell without seeing in person, but it seems like her face might map more closely now to the way it has at Disneyland for a bit. She has a bit of a “widows peak” in shadow on her forehead that wasn’t there before but has been present at DL for a bit.

It seems a little more likely to me that they swapped the whole thing out overnight than that they opened the ball, replaced the wig, styled it, and put her back inside, and got her ready before opening the ride for the next day. Her new hairstyle actually debuted they day before the ride went down for its short refurb, but it didn’t seem to capture anybody’s attention.
I'm realizing I somehow posted this in this thread instead of the other "Haunted Mansion Refurb" thread, which I think was where I meant to post it?

Weird 😅🤷‍♂️

Captain Neo

I agree with others that hatbox ghost was more interesting as just a fun trivia and urban legend. The character has been run into the ground like everything else Disneys marketing team gets their hands on

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom