News Hatbox Ghost coming to Walt Disney World's Haunted Mansion

JD80

If something could be that damaged to take it out of commission for this long brand new and tested from just transport that resources from company can't provide than how is it ever designed to work daily in a theme park? They knew in september this thing would not be ready until late November. I don't think something recently broke.

I didn't say something broke recently. Any of these issue could have take place at any point of the building and testing process.

Disney Analyst

If something could be that damaged to take it out of commission for this long brand new and tested from just transport that resources from company can't provide than how is it ever designed to work daily in a theme park? They knew in september this thing would not be ready until late November. I don't think something recently broke.

The entire point of their post was to point out various factors that can cause delays. It’s never as simple as many on here would like us to believe.

celluloid

It was not planned to debut in July or any time while the movie was still actively in theaters. The figure was only slightly delayed.

I see your disconnect. The movie was not originally planned for a July release, was it? (it wasn't) It was not anticipated to be out of theaters so fast with a budget of 175 million and only earning under 70 milllon now was it?(it wasn't)
When the figure was announced, it was to line up wonderfully with that synergy goal they had.
So again, you are wrong.

peter11435

I see your disconnect. The movie was not originally planned for a July release, was it? (it wasn't) It was not anticipated to be out of theaters so fast with a budget of 175 million and only earning under 70 millon now was it?

So again, you are wrong.
again, I’m not wrong

No matter how successful the movie had been, a film released in July was not going to still be substantially in theaters in October.

The movies schedule or popularity is irrelevant. The important fact is that the install was only slightly delayed due to circumstances that were not caused by “current management.”

The schedule for the movies release and the schedule for the hatbox ghost were not connected.

celluloid

again, I’m not wrong

No matter how successful the movie had been, a film released in July was not going to still be substantially in theaters in October.

The movies schedule or popularity is irrelevant. The important fact is that the install was only slightly delayed due to circumstances that were not caused by “current management.”
What slight delay are you talking about? They knew this thing would be opening in late November by September. What slight delay has there been?
Again, when the figure was planned and initially announced, the movie's release date was not set for July. It was set for August and beyond(remember it shifted around) to play in theaters towards the Halloween movie season of all its hype which also is Disney Parks Halloween Season and when everyone is in the spirit with the climax being October 31st. The movie had a huge budget, and it flopped. You don't start events and synergy on the holiday.
And as pointed out. Halloween season is what was planned to Halloween, not just premiering on Halloween. That would be silly for the synergy goals.

You have to just be ok without knowing. You are walking in it now.

Last edited:

peter11435

Again, when the figure was planned and initially announced, the movie's release date was not set for July. It was set for August and beyond to play in theaters towards the Halloween movie season of all its hype which also is Disney Parks Halloween Season and when everyone is in the spirit with the climax being October 31st. The movie had a huge budget, and it flopped.

And as pointed out. Halloween season is what was planned to Halloween, not just premiering on Halloween. That would be silly for the synergy goals.

Trust me when I tell you… I know far more than you do.

The movies schedule and the hatbox schedule were independent and not based upon one another.

There was never a timeline where the figure was going to debut as early as you seem to think. It was never intended to be there by the start of the halloween season. Again, it was not delayed by much.

celluloid

Trust me when I tell you… I know far more than you do.

The movies schedule and the hatbox schedule were independent and not based upon one another.

There was never a timeline where the figure was going to debut as early as you seem to thing. It was never intended to be there by the start of the halloween season. Again, it was not delayed by much.

You don't know me.
I have friends in marketing, no you don't.

And I recall your discussions in the tram threads a couple of years ago. Which does not help your credibility.

When was the original premier date planned for?

yensidtlaw1969

What slight delay are you talking about? They knew this thing would be opening in late November by September. What slight delay has there been?
Again, when the figure was planned and initially announced, the movie's release date was not set for July. It was set for August and beyond(remember it shifted around) to play in theaters towards the Halloween movie season of all its hype which also is Disney Parks Halloween Season and when everyone is in the spirit with the climax being October 31st. The movie had a huge budget, and it flopped. You don't start events and synergy on the holiday.

You're being a jerk, and you're wrong here, so I'd cut it out if I were you.

peter11435

You don't know me.
I have friends in marketing, no you don't.

And I recall your discussions in the tram threads a couple of years ago. Which does not help your credibility.

When was the original premier date planned for?
Haha “friends”

And yes, I absolutely know more than you do. Including what happened with trams and the evolution of that saga.

It’s cool that you want to believe false information. Have fun with that.

Hatbox was only slightly delayed and the process is far more complicated than you seem to understand.

celluloid

You're being a jerk, and you're wrong here, so I'd cut it out if I were you.

That tends to be how it goes when people who think they know more than the person they are talking to are getting educated on a subject. (see latest insult that puts my friends in marketing in quotation marks. They are still friends. I used to work in marketing for the themed entertainment industry and still have plenty of friends there. Those who are walking in it are now throwing insults, yet I am the jerk.

I never said by the start of the Disney Halloween Season of parties with August. I said by the Halloween time and while the big budget movie was still present in theatrical run.

If something is not ready that pushed a slight delay to late November, do you know when that would place the premier of the figure to day guests?

You guessed it.

I won't stop discussing just because you ask me to.

yensidtlaw1969

That tends to be how it goes when people who think they know more than the person they are talking to are getting educated on a subject.

I never said by the start of the Disney Halloween Season of parties with August. I said by the Halloween time and while the big budget movie was still present in theatrical run.

If something is not ready that pushed a slight delay to late November, do you know when that would place the premier of the figure to day guests?

You guessed it.

Except you're not educating anyone. In fact, you're asking to be schooled.

You're not even right about what piece we're saying you're wrong about, so you're painting a very clear picture here.

Never asked you to stop discussing anything. I let you know you're making yourself look foolish by continuing. And, well . . .

peter11435

That tends to be how it goes when people who think they know more than the person they are talking to are getting educated on a subject.

You guessed it.

You haven’t educated anyone on anything.

You don’t even seem to understand the point of this entire discussion.

The film and the figure had independent timelines.

Something caused a slight delay to late November which means the figure will debut to day guests in…. Late November. What is your question here?

When do you think the figure was supposed to debut?

celluloid

Except you're not educating anyone. In fact, you're asking to be schooled.

You're not even right about what piece we're saying you're wrong about, so you're painting a very clear picture here.

Never asked you to stop discussing anything. I let you know you're making yourself look foolish by continuing. And, well . . .

Hey, remember when you said you blocked me? Feel free to do that again, particularly if you are going to only engadge in bullying. That is not going to get me to stop posting either.

erasure fan1

I wear a lot of hats in my job that include project management, design, implementation etc. I've had projects delayed a month or two just because the needed paint was wrong or not available. I've had automation equipment get delivered on site and the batteries are not working properly which delays things 1-3 weeks.

I've had product ship to a FAT test and the wiring gets loosened in transport that delays things any where from a week to three.

Not to mention availability of parts. What if the animatronic got shipped to WDW and something broke during transport and during handling and moving the figure in place and something got damaged that they had to re-fab or repurchase and there was a long lead time?

Just saying there are plenty of reasons for delay.
All good points and I've seen it as well. I know that for me, I look at Disneys track record as a whole. They have a very well documented track record of being extremely slow. So I have a hard time believing that any of these things being discussed that could be an issue, actually are. I'm sure they came across speed bumps, what projects don't? But 9 or so months of speed bumps for a figure installation? Seems a bit off to me. I feel this just falls into the same bucket as the other construction projects. It all comes down to spending the least you can because they don't really have any urgency.

celluloid

Something caused a slight delay to late November which means the figure will debut to day guests in…. Late November. What is your question here?

When do you think the figure was supposed to debut?
The answer to the question I posed is then when it was supposed to premier without this delay.
Gee, what holiday season is in October time before November and if the movie did not bomb would have made the most sense for this thing to premier when it was put into production back when the movie was supposed to come out in August and play until October?

I like how your best argument is Disney leadership climate on getting things done is even worse than they actually are, which is pretty bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom