News Hatbox Ghost coming to Walt Disney World's Haunted Mansion

yensidtlaw1969

Hey, remember when you said you blocked me? Feel free to do that again, particularly if you are going to only engadge in bullying. That is not going to get me to stop posting either.
Yeah, I did block you, and you still are - and if I recall it was because of exactly this kind of bad-faith behavior. Wasn't it also in this very thread?

The fact that you're once again making it impossible to parse through this thread without toggling "Show Ignored Content" to see what people are getting riled up about isn't the badge of honor you think it is.

Still never asked you to stop posting. Pro Tip: Making up things to argue about is a pretty clear sign you're in the wrong 🤷‍♂️

celluloid

Yeah, I did block you, and you still are - and if I recall it was because of exactly this kind of bad-faith behavior. Wasn't it also in this very thread?

The fact that you're once again making it impossible to parse through this thread without toggling "Show Ignored Content" to see what people are getting riled up about isn't the badge of honor you think it is.

Still never asked you to stop posting. Making up things to argue about is a pretty clear sign you're in the wrong 🤷‍♂️

Well, it is all your choice. So be happy with it or don't I guess.

No bad faith-behavior. Trying to belittle someone for continuing to post would be. I have posted nothing incorrect. Others just want to challenge they know the marketing side of this, and as evident as I can see, they don't.

No one makes you click that show ignored button, it is kind of the point of the ignore feature.

yensidtlaw1969

All good points and I've seen it as well. I know that for me, I look at Disneys track record as a whole. They have a very well documented track record of being extremely slow. So I have a hard time believing that any of these things being discussed that could be an issue, actually are. I'm sure they came across speed bumps, what projects don't? But 9 or so months of speed bumps for a figure installation? Seems a bit off to me. I feel this just falls into the same bucket as the other construction projects. It all comes down to spending the least you can because they don't really have any urgency.
Except there haven't been 9 months of speed bumps for this figure. Walls went up in early August and the figure has been announced to arrive in the next 2 weeks.

Comparatively, Disneyland installed a construction wall for their Hatbox Ghost at the end of January 2015 and the figure was revealed May 9th of that year. So that's a longer timeline than we'll have put up with here even with the delay.

peter11435

The answer to the question I posed is then when it was supposed to premier without this delay.
Gee, what holiday season is in October time before November and if the movie did not bomb would have made the most sense for this thing to premier when it was put into production back when the movie was supposed to come out in August and play until October?

I like how your best argument is Disney leadership climate on getting things done is even worse than they actually are, which is pretty bad.
What are we even debating at this point?

Obviously if the figure had debuted a month earlier it would have been around Halloween. Is that what you’re trying to get me to say? That should be obvious to anyone who has ever seen a calendar.

Obviously marketing and everyone involved would have preferred the figure debut on schedule. Unfortunately it did not. That had nothing to do with Disney leadership climate. Things come up… delays happen.

celluloid

Obviously if the figure had debuted a month earlier it would have been around Halloween. Is that what you’re trying to get me to say? That should be obvious to anyone who has ever seen a calendar.

Obviously marketing and everyone involved would have preferred the figure debut on schedule. Unfortunately it did not. That had nothing to do with Disney leadership climate. Things come up… delays happen.

Great question to ask yourself among all the belittling that you simply must know more than me.

I said this thing was supposed to premier near September/October timeframe while the movie was ideally still playing in theaters when it had its original release date and was hoping to be a success. Not only did the film release date move from its August placement to July, it flopped and was out of theaters fast.
Delays and long construction/addition timelines to open of overpromising and underdelivering are a norm for current Disney theme park culture.
Some of you thought this thing would have had an opportunity to be present to guests back months ago, which further shows you also agree.
You agree.

erasure fan1

Except there haven't been 9 months of speed bumps for this figure. Walls went up in early August and the figure has been announced to arrive in the next 2 weeks.
I know. I wasn't saying there was 9 months. I was saying even with problems, it wouldn't add 9 months. Because problems seem to be the big reason people are saying this amount of time isn't out of the ordinary.

yensidtlaw1969

Unfortunately it seems clear that we're both wasting our time - if celluloid can't even be bothered to characterize our clearly-stated and fully legible points correctly then he's not going to be someone with which we can engage thoughtfully.

Can't wait for that Hatbox Ghost!

peter11435

Great question to ask yourself among all the belittling that you simply must know more than me.

I said this thing was supposed to premier near October timeframe while the movie was ideally still playing in theaters when it had its original release date and was hoping to be a success. Not only did the film release date move from its August placement to July, it flopped and was out of theaters fast.
Delays and long construction/addition timelines to open of overpromising and underdelivering are a norm for current Disney theme park culture.
Some of you thought this thing would have had an opportunity to be present to guests back months ago, which further shows you also agree.
You agree.
Agree with what exactly?

celluloid

Agree with what exactly?

That it was meant to premier in August-October until the announcement in September. Marketing talks from studios for the film and parks planned on the synergy. It is no coincidence that the movie's main antagonist is The Hatbox Ghost and the time was right. The push was on and planned to premier during the theatrical run.

yensidtlaw1969

I know. I wasn't saying there was 9 months. I was saying even with problems, it wouldn't add 9 months. Because problems seem to be the big reason people are saying this amount of time isn't out of the ordinary.
That isn't what's being said, though - what's being said is that in this particular instance Disney announced the figure with more advance than was smart, and then there was a genuine unexpected delay after construction had begun resulting in the reveal being pushed back about a month.

Actual install time for the figure isn't *totally* out of the ordinary, but did hit a snag - however, the timeline from announcement to debut in the parks is pretty ridiculous. Unfortunately, that part isn't totally out of line for Disney's current methodology, but also is kind of unrelated to the actual work time it takes to get the figure in the ride.

celluloid

For everyone else, I've yet to get concrete word but it seems really most likely that The Hatbox Ghost will *not* be unveiled on the 10th when the ride reopens. Obviously make whatever plans feel right for you with that uncertainty in mind, but if you're going that day I would keep your expectations low. Worst thing that happens is you won't be let down, and best thing would be a pleasant surprise. If I hear otherwise I'll speak up.

Note on page 45, this poster who wants to call out and bully stated that there was a chance for it to premier around this time. Not even close to a hard no. The date was August 10th. They state not likely but not impossible. Somoene so more in the know than I apparently even knew that the goal was likely to start in August. That is because it totally was pushing for that time and asap to it while the movie was out.

Now they claim there was only ever a one-month delay to this, which is not around August tenth, or even September to late November.
I don't think anyone can call three months for this a slight delay in good faith and back on page 45 they knew there was a strong possibility. (that is because there was, even though there are two here now want to act like it was never planned for that time)

Now we are also agreeing that it is in the realm of the current methodology, but can't be due to current leadership climate (which is what causes the current methodology of overpromise and underdelivering of scrambling projects)

Last edited:

peter11435

Note on page 45, this poster who wants to call out and bully stated that there was a chance for it to premier around this time. Not even close to a hard no. The date was August 10th. They state not likely but not impossible. Somoene so more in the know than I apparently even knew that the goal was likely to start in August. That is because it totally was pushing for that time and asap to it while the movie was out.

Now they claim there was only ever a one-month delay to this, which is not around August tenth, or even September to late November.
I don't think anyone can call three months for this a slight delay in good faith.

Now we are also agreeing that it is in the realm of the current methodology, but can't be due to current leadership climate (which is what cuases the current methodology of overpromise and underdelivering of scrambling projects)
There was never a chance it would premier in August.

celluloid

There was never a chance it would premier in August.

Then why would you and Yensidlaw1969 have better agreed information now, compared to what was posted on page 45 when it was stated that there was a slight chance it would premier then?

A slight chance and never a chance is quite a gap between you two who apparently agree and both claim toknow what went down "far more" than I do.

peter11435

Then why would you and Yensidlaw1969 have better agreed information now, compared to what was posted on page 45 when it was stated that there was a slight chance it would premier then?

A slight chance and never a chance is quite a gap between you two who apparently agree and both claim toknow what went down "far more" than I do.
I can’t speak for Yensidlaw1969. All I can tell you is that the timeline never had the figure debuting that early.

Your posts themselves have illustrated how much you don’t know about this issue.

celluloid

I can’t speak for Yensidlaw1969.

You don't have to to display the truth from both of you. The quote and him liking what you stated just before compared to what that poster said in the above quote from page 45 speaks for itself.

I have never tried to give an exact date. I don't want to try to because that is how soft openings and premiers work until confidence is there.
I know from the marketing side that communication was a mess and it did not hit its goals, "snag", bad communication etc...
But I am not going to be bullied into people acting like I don't know what I know.

Which is it was intended to premier while the movie was still in its theatrical run.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
1700425262202.jpeg

erasure fan1

That isn't what's being said, though - what's being said is that in this particular instance Disney announced the figure with more advance than was smart, and then there was a genuine unexpected delay after construction had begun resulting in the reveal being pushed back about a month.

Actual install time for the figure isn't *totally* out of the ordinary, but did hit a snag - however, the timeline from announcement to debut in the parks is pretty ridiculous. Unfortunately, that part isn't totally out of line for Disney's current methodology, but also is kind of unrelated to the actual work time it takes to get the figure in the ride.
Like I finished my original post with. This all boils down to Disney looking to save a dime by spreading this out. They installed multiple advanced AAs in about 20 months in Frozen ever after. I guess I'm just failing to see how one figure could take this long, unless it was meant to. The math just doesn't add up. If proper resources were put into it, it's done at least 12 months ago. If they put Frank the intern imagineer on it with no help. Then it makes sense.

celluloid

Like I finished my original post with. This all boils down to Disney looking to save a dime by spreading this out. They installed multiple advanced AAs in about 20 months in Frozen ever after. I guess I'm just failing to see how one figure could take this long, unless it was meant to. The math just doesn't add up. If proper resources were put into it, it's done at least 12 months ago. If they put Frank the intern imagineer on it with no help. Then it makes sense.
As soon as that movie bombed, it became a choice. A snag or slight delay is certainly not the only reason. Sometimes the most sane, likely and least complicated reasoning is the answer.
The body language of those most proud of it in September's announcement sure seem to display he was worried to admit it.

A shame because he is a passionate Imagineer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom