News Hatbox Ghost coming to Walt Disney World's Haunted Mansion

yensidtlaw1969

Why not the attic where he's supposed to be like at DL.
Technically, he's not even *in* the Attic at DL. He's outside of it on the balcony, because Constance couldn't be bothered to dim her light enough to let him take back his old spot.

In fairness, the "Leota Rule" only became "officially" imposed in 2007 during the Re-Haunting. That team cut a couple elements they felt didn't pass the the idea that the Ghosts wouldn't be visible until after Leota's incantation . . . despite the original creators putting those things in place and feeling they made sense in the logic they established for the show. That 2007 team did that while leaving a couple that also didn't pass that test, but were too iconic to remove. So it's never been the hard and fast rule some imagine.

Add to it that the new movie makes some effort to establish some new "rules" for The Hatbox Ghost in particular . . . I don't think the decision to put him here came completely out of nowhere.

Sir_Cliff

I am very confused by the wording of this. Does anyone know if the Hatbox Ghost is going to be actually in the endless hallway, or if he is going to be just after it (i.e. what is the meaning of "as they pass the Endless Hallway")?

yensidtlaw1969

I am very confused by the wording of this. Does anyone know if the Hatbox Ghost is going to be actually in the endless hallway, or is he is going to be just after it (i.e. what is the meaning of "as they pass")?
I'd heard prior to today that he would end up basically where the Chair is now, but I can't say with 100% certainty. Did not sound like he would be *in* the Endless Hallway itself, though:

Screenshot 2023-07-28 at 12.07.12 PM.png

Tha Realest

If you read the release, it seems he is going in 3 places. The endless hallway, the cemetery and in your doom buggy. I believe if this is true, he will appear behind the mirror in the hallway similar to Melanie. Or he will appear to be in your buggy when you look in the mirror? Then full form in the cemetery. Then possibly at the end?
Why does WDI desire to shoehorn in film characters played by problematic actors into their classic dark ride attractions?

Cmdr_Crimson

I'd heard prior to today that he would end up basically where the Chair is now, but I can't say with 100% certainty. Did not sound like he would be *in* the Endless Hallway itself, though:

View attachment 733706
IMO I still think it will just be the Hatbox with a simple effect until we finally see him in the cemetery..No way they could afford making 2 animatronics for a ride in this day in age..

Tom Morrow

The fact that they're putting it there without taking into consideration that you're not supposed to see materialized ghosts until after Leota just adds to the never ending pile that proves the current leadership and "creatives" don't really know what they're doing and don't know or care at all about the legacy or the details.

I mean, most of them are now just 22 year olds who were on the college program two years ago and were really good at flirting with the right people anyway.

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

Why does WDI desire to shoehorn in film characters played by problematic actors into their classic dark ride attractions?
Even if this ride character was made to look like his film counterpart, the movie's Hatbox Ghost is the most ride accurate looking character in the movie.

JustInTime

The fact that they're putting it there without taking into consideration that you're not supposed to see materialized ghosts until after Leota just adds to the never ending pile that proves the current leadership and "creatives" don't really know what they're doing and don't know or care at all about the legacy or the details.

I mean, most of them are now just 22 year olds who were on the college program two years ago and really good at flirting with the right people anyway.
This is just a fan theory. That spot was ALWAYS supposed to have a ghost encounter. The effect never worked. The candelabra was added last minute.

We don’t even know what it’s going to look like. What if he appears behind the mirror? Take two seconds and breathe before doomsday posting. It’s okay to withhold judgement until we actually have a vague idea what the plan is.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

I mean, most of them are now just 22 year olds who were on the college program two years ago and were really good at flirting with the right people anyway.
You already see ghosts before Leota. Hand coming out of the coffin is the most significant example. There were even more in the 70s through 2000s.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom