News Hatbox Ghost coming to Walt Disney World's Haunted Mansion

Cmdr_Crimson

This. Fans have made up the no ghost before Leota thing.
I think it also is due to the Ghost Host Narration after passing Leota and stating.....
The happy haunts have received your sympathetic vibrations and are beginning to materialize. They’re assembling for a swinging wake, and they’ll be expecting me… I’ll see you all a little later.

DisneyFanatic12

This is probably is dumb question, but would the ghost playing the piano be materialized? I’d say not because you can’t see his body, but he can’t cast a shadow if he isn’t at least partially materialized. Is there any consensus on what “materialized” is?

ZachPL

how hard is it to add a robot that has already been implemented elsewhere? Lol

Hopefully this is done before Halloween, more specifically before October. If this isn't ready by Halloween then it'll be a bit disappointing.

I think at this point we will be lucky if it's a robot

JustInTime

If you read the release, it seems he is going in 3 places. The endless hallway, the cemetery and in your doom buggy. I believe if this is true, he will appear behind the mirror in the hallway similar to Melanie. Or he will appear to be in your buggy when you look in the mirror? Then full form in the cemetery. Then possibly at the end?

Attachments

• IMG_4365.jpeg
    IMG_4365.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 107

DisneyFanatic12

If you read the release, it seems he is going in 3 places. The endless hallway, the cemetery and in your doom buggy. I believe if this is true, he will appear behind the mirror in the hallway similar to Melanie. Then full form in the cemetery. Then possibly at the end?
I thought that would be really cool, but it seems more likely that the writer just doesn’t know the ride very well. Only time will tell!

Cmdr_Crimson

If you read the release, it seems he is going in 3 places. The endless hallway, the cemetery and in your doom buggy. I believe if this is true, he will appear behind the mirror in the hallway similar to Melanie. Then full form in the cemetery. Then possibly at the end?
Well, "What if" it's just the Hatbox sitting on the stand adjacent to the Donald Chair which would build up from his appearance within the cemetary..
screenshot-2023-02-15-at-1-15-06-am-png.698725

TheMaxRebo

If you read the release, it seems he is going in 3 places. The endless hallway, the cemetery and in your doom buggy. I believe if this is true, he will appear behind the mirror in the hallway similar to Melanie. Or he will appear to be in your buggy when you look in the mirror? Then full form in the cemetery. Then possibly at the end?

I just took it that instead of being in the grave yard (like you see him (well outside the window heading to the grave yard) at Disneyland he has instead moved to this location and will greet you there as your doom buggy goes further into the mansion

So I read it that he is just in one spot

TheMaxRebo

I am a little mixed on this - but also just think it is that we are at for many people Disney no longer gets the benefit of the doubt. If someone like Joh Rohde was behind it I think there would be more confidence in it being done well

I haven't seen the movie but even from the trailers and what I have seen/read seems they are positioning the Hat Box Ghost as the one the regular rules don't apply to (and fits with why he travels between the mansions around the world, etc)

I take a wait-and-see view ... definitely not the safe choice so I do appreciate them trying something bigger/bolder with the placement

yensidtlaw1969

I would not expect The Hatbox Ghost to make more than one full appearance in the WDW Mansion.

It's sloppy copy editing, not 3 Animatronics going into the ride. They mean that unlike Disneyland where he's out in the swinging wake, at WDW he's coming inside to the Endless Hallway.

I believe he won't be in the Hallway itself - more like ahead of it where the "Donald Duck" chair is, close to the Doombuggies. Hopefully the chair will find a new spot elsewhere in the ride.

ToTBellHop

He’s in one place. He has come back inside from the party in the cemetery. We will see him before we know there is a party in the cemetery, of course. Bizarre wording.

JustInTime

I am a little mixed on this - but also just think it is that we are at for many people Disney no longer gets the benefit of the doubt. If someone like Joh Rohde was behind it I think there would be more confidence in it being done well

I haven't seen the movie but even from the trailers and what I have seen/read seems they are positioning the Hat Box Ghost as the one the regular rules don't apply to (and fits with why he travels between the mansions around the world, etc)

I take a wait-and-see view ... definitely not the safe choice so I do appreciate them trying something bigger/bolder with the placement
My exact thoughts. I’m not going to be negative just because it’s trendy right now. I’m going to wait and see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom