Has your resort reservation been changed yet? To what resort?

MrsDoubie

ok thanks. That’s what I thought. We had to call Disney for an entirely different reason and they told
us we would need to move and the only options we were offered was CBR or CSR. No upgrade was offered without us having to pay for it.

If you contact them tAnd ask for an upgrade then they will treat it as a modification request and charge you.

If you are booked to stay at a resort which isn’t scheduled to open in time, then either wait until either they contact you, or you have been asked to confirm by a certain date. At that point you can ask “will I need to be moved”?

So if Disney need to move you, it will be for free as long as you don’t change dates and accept what you are offered.

nickys

Premium Member
ok thanks. That’s what I thought. We had to call Disney for an entirely different reason and they told
us we would need to move and the only options we were offered was CBR or CSR. No upgrade was offered without us having to pay for it.
Yes, the people that got upgraded were amongst the first to be moved, when they hadn’t released the list of resorts that would open from July 11th onwards.

So the only option at that point was a move to a DVC room. Hence the “upgrades” were required. Now that they have announced opening dates for other resorts, Disney will use a “like for like“ move where possible.

Mainahman

Yes, the people that got upgraded were amongst the first to be moved, when they hadn’t released the list of resorts that would open from July 11th onwards.

So the only option at that point was a move to a DVC room. Hence the “upgrades” were required. Now that they have announced opening dates for other resorts, Disney will use a “like for like“ move where possible.
Exactly! When i called i said" So i see my resort will not be opening., i was curious where you all were moving those reservations.. and the rest was Disney Magic. Nothing was really open for us by august 9th that wasnt a villa ( coming from a suite) so we got moved to a villa, but if you dont ask to be moved, and inquire where they are moving people it should work in your favor.

pbrsaau

Well, I emailed - no time to call and be on hold for hours - no response after a week. So, I got on the chat today. Our trip is scheduled 10/24-10/31 at Riverside. I have our tickets and have reserved the parks. I asked about options since Riverside isn't scheduled to be open. They said no need to do anything yet as things are fluid and could change. They did give a number to call if I want to modify.

Quarantinis

We called tonight about our reservation at the Port Orleans and the Polynesian from August 1 - 8 and were told none of our rooms were available. We had called Disney the day the travel agent info leaked about hotel closings and were told many times by the CM that our reservations were unchanged, but just found out this is not the case.

We had to switch hotels. The only deluxe hotel left is the Contemporary, not even in the A frame but in the garden room views. Port Orleans changed to the Caribbean Beach resort.

Dr.GrantSeeker

Had a reservation for Wilderness Lodge for the first week of December. Changed to the Polynesian (marina view) for the same price as the WL reservation
Did you call to do this or did Disney call you? I have a reservation for the last week of November at WL and since it doesn't have a reopen date I am not sure if I should be proactive or wait for Disney

EpcotCenter82

Did you call to do this or did Disney call you? I have a reservation for the last week of November at WL and since it doesn't have a reopen date I am not sure if I should be proactive or wait for Disney
I received an e-mail that I needed to call to change resorts. I called again last night as I saw a one bedroom villa at Copper Creek was available for my dates. The CM said that since my original reservation was for a deluxe, I could not upgrade to a DVC resort with the same pricing. The upgrade would have been $1,200 more than my current Poly reservation.

Dr.GrantSeeker

I received an e-mail that I needed to call to change resorts. I called again last night as I saw a one bedroom villa at Copper Creek was available for my dates. The CM said that since my original reservation was for a deluxe, I could not upgrade to a DVC resort with the same pricing. The upgrade would have been $1,200 more than my current Poly reservation.
I didn't receive that email. Interesting! Did you call the regular reservation number?

EpcotCenter82

I didn't receive that email. Interesting! Did you call the regular reservation number?
Yes, 1-407-W-DISNEY. Then was transferred to guest services. I was offered either Poly (marina view) or Contemporary (garden wing garden view) as the same price as the WL reservation. The rack rate for the room at the Poly was around $800/night.

Herdman

I have a reservation at POFQ for late October. I have not received an email to this point either. I also chatted with a cast member online. She told me it was still a possibility that the resort could be open for our visit, and I would be notified if I needed to change resorts. Maybe Disney is only sending emails to people they know for sure are in resorts that won't open?

Miss Bella

You can always ask for more if you need it, or get it at the store or the laundry room for the studios. Or bring what you like. The reason we don’t do that is coming from the U.K., I’m not sure bringing a bag of white powder in a suitcase or flying with liquid detergent pods in a pressurised cabin would be a wise move. 😁
I fly to Europe and everywhere else with a bag of pods in my check in luggage. They do fine.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I always travel with laundry soap pods too. I have them in a ziplock bag in my suitcase. They haven't ever popped but I figure if they do it is just soap and I can wash the stuff it spilled on.

jaklgreen

I am also adding to the "I fly with Tide pods" and have never had an issue. I put them in a ziplock and I also take dryer sheets and color catchers with me. Never had any issues even on longer, overseas flights.

Club Cooloholic

I am also adding to the "I fly with Tide pods" and have never had an issue. I put them in a ziplock and I also take dryer sheets and color catchers with me. Never had any issues even on longer, overseas flights.
Arm and hammer make little powder detergent packets that dissolve, they aren't liquid so no issue. I also used to be able to find sheets that were actually detergent that melted. Super light and easy to pack.

DMMDMM

For January 2021, had hotel reservations at All Stars and called to add park tickets. Was told All stars was closed in January and they upgraded me to Pop Century for free.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom