Has your resort reservation been changed yet? To what resort?

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Screenshots:

20200621_180935.jpg

20200622_103930.jpg

durangojim

Changed from GF tpv to CR tpv 7/12-7/24. Was told there was no availablility for our dates at Bay Lake, Villas GF, or Polynesian Villas. It’s our first time at the CR and while we would have preferred GF we’re excited to try something new!

Hockey427

I called this morning to change my WL reservation from Jul 21-26 and somehow completely bypassed a queue. The CM then stayed on hold with me for 3 hours until we connected to Guest Services. I was given the option to move to either CR or Pop for no change in price (10% off rack rate at WL), and justifiably chose CR. Can't wait!

Mainahman

So in case you hadn’t seen it, they have announced certain resorts are opening and the planned dates they will open up until mid October.

In general, if you have to be moved and accept what is offered to you, with no date or resort changes you should not have to pay. If however you contact them and ask what is available, they will treat that as a modification and charge you accordingly.

They are now saying you can contact them if your resort is not going to be open for your dates. So my advice is to ensure when you call you make it clear that you are wondering where you will be moved to and let them tell you!
Currently the phone lines are crashed so you cant get in to even get in line, but thats a good way to word it, and as soon as i can get through im using that wording, and seeing where they put us.

Currently the phone lines are crashed so you cant get in to even get in line, but thats a good way to word it, and as soon as i can get through im using that wording, and seeing where they put us.

Let us know what happens! Currently booked at POR for August and I’m not sure whether to call or take a wait and see approach.

Mainahman

WIll do! i dont have any more meetings today, so ill keep trying until i can at least get in disneys phone maze. Right now the call wont even complete.
Finally on hold. At least im hearing good music. Lets see how long it takes. Average time to chat agent was about 2.5 hours. ( i know this as i did it 3 times today.

Dereks56

Been trying to call every 30 seconds today. Always just says it’s busy 😢 got in one time and got to where it said to click 2 to modify your reservation then kicked us out 😭. This is getting extremely frustrating as we are reserved from the 8-15th in July so we need to move back to get parks everyday.

Mainahman

Ok, so I got through, but couldnt be assigned as guest services was closed. Basically the gist is this. They will look at room availability site wide for what is open when. Your due to arrive, and randomly assign you the closest they can get to your original choice. According to the reservation cast member we're likely looking at a very large upgrade. If you ask about others, you loose the price protection. So tomorrow I'll know more, and be able to plan new route, what parks we will drive to etc.

WhenYouWish

We had a standard room booked at CSR in August. Took over 3hrs on the phone, but I finally got through to a rep just now. She confirmed the “price protection” and offered me either standard CBR (no cost change) or preferred Pop (which she stated would have resulted in a discount; love that, and love Pop, but didn’t pursue since we decided to stick with the moderate for this trip and chose CBR).

I was able to modify from POR to CBR online and saved a few dollars. Can’t help but wonder if I missed out on an upgrade, but at least I avoided hours on hold I guess!

MM311

I was able to modify from POR to CBR online and saved a few dollars. Can’t help but wonder if I missed out on an upgrade, but at least I avoided hours on hold I guess!
Were you told that you have to do this now? I'm at POFQ at the end of October and was just going to change when they told me to, but now I'm wondering if I will need to just go ahead and do it myself...

mickeymiss

We were booked for POFQ in August. It won’t be opening apparently. What do we do? Lol.
We tried calling but the lines are tied up for obvious reason.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
How do you modify online, though? I've been looking for a "Modify" button on my current reservation. Only option I'm getting is "Check-in". Thanks!

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
We were booked for POFQ in August. It won’t be opening apparently. What do we do? Lol.
We tried calling but the lines are tied up for obvious reason.
I've been trying the "Chat" feature on MDE since yesterday to no avail. Guess I'll be dedicating a few hours of my day to being on the phone today.

Ariel_x33

Finally got through and was able to call, have been on hold now for an hour and a half. We have a stay August 20-23 at All Star Movies so trying to see where we will be moved to.

Question: The music stopped at around an hour of holding lol, is this normal? I have never held for this long that the music just cuts off.

PREMiERdrum

Finally got through and was able to call, have been on hold now for an hour and a half. We have a stay August 20-23 at All Star Movies so trying to see where we will be moved to.

Question: The music stopped at around an hour of holding lol, is this normal? I have never held for this long that the music just cuts off.
The music will come and go, just make sure your phone is still counting time so you know it's connected.

FYI I just hit 4 hours, still holding... :eek:

mickeymiss

I've been trying the "Chat" feature on MDE since yesterday to no avail. Guess I'll be dedicating a few hours of my day to being on the phone today.
I finally got through. I’m on hold now. They said it will be a 2.5 hour wait. Better than nothing. I will be so disappointed if we can’t do what we have been trying since yesterday to do lol. Good luck!👍🏽

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom