Has This Happened to Anyone Else?

mpeters

Last July when my wife and two sons went dow to WDW, we were in MK and there was a torrential downpour. We saw the storm coming and since we have a stroller (twin 4 yr olds) we ran to pirates bc of the covered stroller parking. We went on POTC and there no wait as everyone ran for the hills. We literally rode POTC 10 xs in a row without getting off bc no one else was even getting on the ride. It was great to see every little detail that you would normally miss

sittle

2005 - 5 repeat rides on Splash Mountain, without getting off the log, during EMH!! I feel asleep with the music of Splash Mountain playing in my head!!

We stayed until park close that night and watched the "kiss goodnight"... wonderful evening...!!

RiversideBunny

We got to ride Goofy's Barn Stormer several times because there was a slight rain coming down and no one was on it.

Once my younger daughter and I got 'trapped' at Big Thunder Mountain. The night electrical parade was coming by and the path to BTM was closed off, so no one could really get to it. Those of us who were already there got to go again and again and again. Super neato !

:)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
How did u do it on POC isnt the roof too low for a guest to stay on? :confused:

My thoughts too - what am I missing?
I would imagine that they didnt have to go all the way out through the gift shop to them enter the queue at the beginning. I dont think they rode the boats in the backstage area.

However, if they did in fact and they didnt get any stellar backstage pics, they should be tared and feathered. :D

tigsmom

We've ridden Buzz Lightyear about 8 times in a row as well as some others in all of the parks. If there is no line you can usually stay on the ride, though sometimes they make you go through the queue again

dsollie

My kids (ages 3 and 7) were able to ride the Barnstormer 3 or 4 times in a row without unloading during our trip in early February. In the late evening hours right before the Wishes fireworks, Mickey's Toontown Fair empties out. They had a blast and could not have been more excited.

Bigeagle

My daughters (with me and DW in tow-LOL) have been invited to ride Goofy's Barnstormer multiple times as closing approaches and no one else is waiting. We've even been the only ones on BS--it really makes us feel special!

I'd glad CMs are given the freedom to extend the offers for "bonus" rides when no one else is inconvenienced or when the situation suits it. I'd never expect or demand it though.

On a related note...for our first ride ever on BS, my oldest DD (age 6 then) tripped on the edge of the car she was boarding and fell into the car, banging her head. After gathering her up, we offered to move out of the way to avoid holding the ride any longer--it was hot and there was a line of other guests waiting. The CM on duty motioned us to the side and checked to be sure we were going to be OK. DD recovered from her tears after one or two more runs of the ride and the CMs let us then re-join the ride when she was ready (much appreciated). When our ride was over, the CM motioned for us to stay in the car and ride again--a really nice jesture that put an even bigger smile on my DD's face (mine, too!)

Later, when meeting princesses at County Bounty, DD explained the boo-boo on her forehead to Cinderella, who promptly gave her a gentle kiss on the forehead to make things better---memories I'll never forget, thanks to some very special CMs!

DisneyPinDad

During the MVMCP in 2006, my DS rode Big Thunder 18 times in a row, with the middle 10 being "stay on and go again" rides. The rest he had to get off and go around and back on with little or no line.

This from the same kid who the first time he rode BTM in 2000 had a complete, total meltdown after getting off and swore "never again".:lol:

Bigeagle

My daughters (with me and DW in tow-LOL) have been invited to ride Goofy's Barnstormer multiple times as closing approaches and no one else is waiting. We've even been the only ones on BS--it really makes us feel special!

I'd glad CMs are given the freedom to extend the offers for "bonus" rides when no one else is inconvenienced or when the situation suits it. I'd never expect or demand it though.

On a related note...for our first ride ever on BS, my oldest DD (age 6 then) tripped on the edge of the car she was boarding and fell into the car, banging her head. After gathering her up, we offered to move out of the way to avoid holding the ride any longing--it was hot and there was a line of other guests waiting. The CM on duty motioned us to the side and checked to be sure we were going to be OK. DD recovered from her tears after about two more runs of the ride and the CMs let us then re-join the ride when she was ready (much appreciated). When our ride was over, the CM motioned for us to stay in the car and ride again--a really nice jesture that put an even bigger smile on my DD's face (mine, too!)

Later, when meeting princesses at County Bounty, DD explained the boo-boo on her forehead to Cinderella, who promptly gave her a gentle kiss on the forehead to make things better---memories I'll never forget, thanks to some very special CMs!

Disneykidder

I have actually had this happen a lot. Most of the time during less busy times but sometimes in the summer we just ask if we can stay on and sometimes they say yes. Last tim e we were there we rode Buzz 3x in a row...the attendant thought my son was cute. :)

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Both on PotC and HM the CM's just let us stay on the ride without getting off. We went through the tunnels the lead to the entrance.

MillerPoppins

Buzz Lightyear with my mom. I think three times in a row and it was in the evening. Would LOVE to see the back areas of POTC and go on BTMR ten times!

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
The tunnel on Pirates is obviously not too low because Ive stayed on the ride. It was in 2007 during a MNSSHP. I rode it 3 times in a row without getting off of it.

olmec26

The tunnel on Pirates is obviously not too low because Ive stayed on the ride. It was in 2007 during a MNSSHP. I rode it 3 times in a row without getting off of it.

Wow, it looks like it's just high enough for the boat to get through...that's neat to know though.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Wow, it looks like it's just high enough for the boat to get through...that's neat to know though.

I think just for the purpose of lets say...Someone couldnt get out of the boat and they werent quick enough to stop the ride...That would be bad...So Im sure they made it high enough so someone could ride through there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom