Has Disney Pricing Increases/Atmosphere Cuts Altered YOUR FAMILIES WDW Attendance?

How has Disney Pricing Increases/Atmosphere Cuts Altered YOUR Attendance

• No effect. Absorbed all price changes without changing itineraries and are content with atmosphere

Votes: 82 18.1%
  • No effect yet. However, recent changes have us planning to reduce our WDW spending.

Votes: 89 19.6%
  • Attendance the same, but we have cut back on ADR's, hotel quality/location, etc.

Votes: 62 13.7%
  • We used to go more than once a year. Now we go less often, but still splurge when we do go.

Votes: 15 3.3%
  • We used to go more than once a year. Now we go just once, but still splurge.

Votes: 18 4.0%
  • We used to go at least once a year. Now we go every other year.

Votes: 76 16.7%
  • We used to go at least once a year. Now we don't plan to go at all.

Votes: 62 13.7%
  • We used to go every once in a while. Now we don't plan to go at all.

Votes: 26 5.7%
  • We used to have higher tier passes. Now we have lower tier passes.

Votes: 16 3.5%
  • We used to have passes. Now we don't have passes.

Votes: 86 18.9%

• Total voters

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Why not be outraged over a hypothetical?

Perhaps ?

21stamps

Yeah you’re right. This time will be different. No price increases.

I have an idea- the jaded people stop going, move on to something that makes you happy, not frustrated... maybe then Disney will lower prices. If there’s enough of those people to make an impact, my guess is - there isn’t.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I have an idea- the jaded people stop going, move on to something that makes you happy, not frustrated... maybe then Disney will lower prices. If there’s enough of those people to make an impact, my guess is - there isn’t.
And they definitely shouldn’t say anything around these parts either, right?

Chi84

Premium Member
Obviously people have a right to post whatever they like, but when somebody is posting 50 messages a day saying that they’re finished with Disney, you kind of have to take that with a grain of salt.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
What the heck are you talking about? can you just go back to the basement please?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Obviously people have a right to post whatever they like, but when somebody is posting 50 messages a day saying that they’re finished with Disney, you kind of have to take that with a grain of salt.
Thank goodness not all of us are doing that then....

danyoung56

There would be no incentive for Disney to lower prices if the crowds diminish. If anything, they'd raise prices even more to make up for the lost revenue.

danyoung56

21stamps, you're saying 2 different things. You want jaded people to stay away, which would diminish crowds. Then you say that Disney wants and needs crowds. Which one are you saying?

VaderTron

Original Poster
Maybe wait to see if it actually happens before getting upset about it?
Note that this was a postulation to fence-sitters, (Any fence-sitters see this as a last straw for them if it happens? ) not a request for pixie dusters to come rescue Disney from perceived attacks.

VaderTron

Original Poster
which #1 gets expensive
This is a key point most people don't realize about the Annual Passholders. They spend SO MUCH MORE money then they ever would if they had to buy tickets at regular price. Not saying there aren't some penny pinchers who use it and abuse it, but the majority spend on dining, hotels, and extras when they have a pass, and they take more trips than they would if they were paying for daily tickets.

Last edited:

Chi84

Premium Member
L
Note that this was a postulation to fence-sitters, (Any fence-sitters see this as a last straw for them if it happens? ) not a request for pixie dusters to come rescue Disney from perceived attacks.
Nice bit of labeling there. I just thought it seemed a bit premature to ask people how an unspecified hypothetical future increase would affect them.

VaderTron

Original Poster
So I guess it's OK if I tell you the same thing if your house gets flooded and your insurance company refuses to cover it. "Just move on. You can live somewhere else. It's no big deal. If you drop that insurance policy maybe the insurer will lower their premiums and beg for you to come back. My guess is they won't."

Still no empathy.

Hint: It's when you feel bad for others even if you don't have the same set of circumstances or views.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom