Has Disney Pricing Increases/Atmosphere Cuts Altered YOUR FAMILIES WDW Attendance?

How has Disney Pricing Increases/Atmosphere Cuts Altered YOUR Attendance

• No effect. Absorbed all price changes without changing itineraries and are content with atmosphere

Votes: 82 18.1%
  • No effect yet. However, recent changes have us planning to reduce our WDW spending.

Votes: 89 19.6%
  • Attendance the same, but we have cut back on ADR's, hotel quality/location, etc.

Votes: 62 13.7%
  • We used to go more than once a year. Now we go less often, but still splurge when we do go.

Votes: 15 3.3%
  • We used to go more than once a year. Now we go just once, but still splurge.

Votes: 18 4.0%
  • We used to go at least once a year. Now we go every other year.

Votes: 76 16.7%
  • We used to go at least once a year. Now we don't plan to go at all.

Votes: 62 13.7%
  • We used to go every once in a while. Now we don't plan to go at all.

Votes: 26 5.7%
  • We used to have higher tier passes. Now we have lower tier passes.

Votes: 16 3.5%
  • We used to have passes. Now we don't have passes.

Votes: 86 18.9%

• Total voters

Stellajack

Premium Member
I am currently sitting in a well known amusement park (can’t really say it’s a theme park) just north of Richmond because we came with a group of high school/college kids. Today we have no complaints to offer re WDW. We have left two different food establishments here because both had only one single order line open with 15-20 waiting to order. Yes, prices are too high at Disney, but we have paid higher prices today for quick service food alone. Just paid $30 for two orders of burgers with fries.

21stamps

Had to share-

04EC760B-C09A-4916-BC36-569529570DD2.jpeg

😂😂😂🤣🤦‍♀️

Can anyone argue that there isn’t better value at a Disney value or moderate hotel over a Hilton Garden Inn in Beavercreek Ohio? The $197 is for 1 king bed.. I need two beds which jumps up to over $200.

Perspective. Look outside the world of Disney.

VaderTron

Original Poster
Had to share-

View attachment 416523

😂😂😂🤣🤦‍♀️

Can anyone argue that there isn’t better value at a Disney value or moderate hotel over a Hilton Garden Inn in Beavercreek Ohio? The $197 is for 1 king bed.. I need two beds which jumps up to over $200.

What were your travel dates? Looks like it's way above normal booking percentages from the average week. A Days Inn in Daytona Beach on Bike Week goes for hundreds of dollars. Normally it's a $95 room. Trying to make up stats to fill your narrative would seem childish and silly if it was anyone else. Par for the course as one of your posts.

VaderTron

Original Poster
Had to share-

View attachment 416523

😂😂😂🤣🤦‍♀️

Your familiarity with that part of OH explains SO MUCH about you now. You are a victim of your environment. I feel a little more sorry for you now. (Another example of empathy wasted.)

Last edited:

21stamps

What were your travel dates? Looks like it's way above normal booking percentages from the average week. A Days Inn in Daytona Beach on Bike Week goes for hundreds of dollars. Normally it's a $95 room. Trying to make up stats to fill your narrative would seem childish and silly if it was anyone else. Par for the course as one of your posts.

It’s showing that your-evil-Disney is not much different than anyone else. Supply and demand. I paid over $300 for a night at a Cedar Point hotel, didn’t even have a balcony. Their on site restaurants consisted of a TGIFridays and a Perkins.

These are all businesses, and they will charge what the market will allow.

Your familiarity with that part of OH explains SO MUCH about you now. You arw a victim of your environment. I feel a little more sorry for you now. (Another example of empathy wasted.)

Can you explain this post?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s showing that your-evil-Disney is not much different than anyone else. Supply and demand. I paid over $300 for a night at a Cedar Point hotel, didn’t even have a balcony. Their on site restaurants consisted of a TGIFridays and a Perkins.

These are all businesses, and they will charge what the market will allow.

Can you explain this post?

If you’re debating the concept of supply and demand...you’ll get little debate.

That does not really makes Disney decision to move from amenity based pricing seem any more acceptable.

So if POP goes to $275 a night and Caribbean $350 due to the gondola bumper cars....which is absolutely the point....then what do you get for that money that takes it out of the ballpark of Sandusky?

The lines becomes close? Is that the goal for Disney and it’s reputation?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Still waiting how my knowledge of the existence of Beavercreek, Ohio explains SO MUCH about me....
Ok...the Jack-o picture is freaking me out a little.

He was guilty...back to that whole discussion...that doesn’t mean I didn’t go to Cirque last month and love...but you have to separate the art from the artist.

I just had to get that exorcized. Carry on.

21stamps

If you’re debating the concept of supply and demand...you’ll get little debate.

That does not really makes Disney decision to move from amenity based pricing seem any more acceptable.

So if POP goes to $275 a night and Caribbean $350 due to the gondola bumper cars....which is absolutely the point....then what do you get for that money that takes it out of the ballpark of Sandusky?

The lines becomes close? Is that the goal for Disney and it’s reputation?

For me, Comparing let’s say a 5 night stay at a value or moderate at Disney, including park tickets.. against a stay at Cedar Point including tickets (due to the aforementioned personal requirement of fast lane plus)- Disney is already cheaper, including the food, and drinks...and included entertainment.

It’s the deluxe resorts that have become eyebrow raising, but they’re still booked constantly, so it’s understandable..even though annoying.

These two aren’t in competition though. Each one is a very different trip, for different reasons. We don’t go to Disney for thrill rides.

Ok...the Jack-o picture is freaking me out a little.

He was guilty...back to that whole discussion...that doesn’t mean I didn’t go to Cirque last month and love...but you have to separate the art from the artist.

I just had to get that exorcized. Carry on.

So, still no answer to my question. 😂

I wonder if people ever think about what they type, prior to typing.

p.s. I updated my profile pic. :)

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
For me, Comparing let’s say a 5 night stay at a value or moderate at Disney, including park tickets.. against a stay at Cedar Point including tickets (due to the aforementioned personal requirement of fast lane plus)- Disney is already cheaper, including the food, and drinks...and included entertainment.

It’s the deluxe resorts that have become eyebrow raising, but they’re still booked constantly, so it’s understandable..even though annoying.

These two aren’t in competition though. Each one is a very different trip, for different reasons. We don’t go to Disney for thrill rides.

So, still no answer to my question. 😂

I wonder if people ever think about what they type, prior to typing.

p.s. I updated my profile pic. :)
Disney should be more competitive pricing BECAUSE Of the length of stay. That’s how their pricing models have been constructive. The all in prices are high...and they make tons of profit because of them.

Your argument that it’s still a better deal is weakened with most of the last 10 years of price policies.

Deluxes have not been booked solid. There are 4 glaring examples that prove this.

And you didn’t ask me any question...I am not darth Vader

PixarPerfect

This will undoubtedly be an unpopular question, but how much has the annual pass jumped up in price that so many people are ditching them? Was it a 25% jump? 35%? I don't have a frame of reference on what this line in the sand price hike has been year over year.

I did look at this year's and it's ~$1100 per adult for the mid pass. That comes with 20% off of dining and other perks. To a non-annual pass holder like me who, with park hopper, has paid just over $100 / day for my upcoming trip, that doesn't seem that bad (frame of reference, I didn't think the park hopper price was that bad, either). I'm assuming that pass holders go more than one time a year, otherwise it wouldn't make sense to be a pass holder.

21stamps

This will undoubtedly be an unpopular question, but how much has the annual pass jumped up in price that so many people are ditching them? Was it a 25% jump? 35%? I don't have a frame of reference on what this line in the sand price hike has been year over year.

I did look at this year's and it's ~$1100 per adult for the mid pass. That comes with 20% off of dining and other perks. To a non-annual pass holder like me who, with park hopper, has paid just over $100 / day for my upcoming trip, that doesn't seem that bad (frame of reference, I didn't think the park hopper price was that bad, either). I'm assuming that pass holders go more than one time a year, otherwise it wouldn't make sense to be a pass holder.

I bought one in the end of 2016... I think it was $800 at that time. I received 30% off my hotel room (on most days, though not all, but that’s due to how I always book relatively last minute).. the pass includes memory maker..discounts on a lot of food and things like boat rentals, golf, mini golf (I think I’m remembering correctly on this one), etc.. I only bought one for myself, not my kid.. specifically for those discounts.

It has jumped substantially since then, but so have the ticket prices and resort prices.. so I think it would still probably even out.

I’m curious of any input on if it doesn’t, and how/why.

Epcot82Guy

If memory serves me, I paid about $750 to renew in 2018. It went up about $900 in October 2018 and up to the current $1120 and some in June 2019. That's for an out of state person. And, it's a sightly unfair comparison since the renewal rate is sightly lower than a new pass.

Hope that gives some better context. There are some official numbers on the web some my memory may be a little rusty. But close.

21stamps

If memory serves me, I paid about $750 to renew in 2018. It went up about $900 in October 2018 and up to the current $1120 and some in June 2019. That's for an out of state person. And, it's a sightly unfair comparison since the renewal rate is sightly lower than a new pass.

Hope that gives some better context. There are some official numbers on the web some my memory may be a little rusty. But close.

Do you find that it has lost value because of the raise, or is it still comparable value now that ticket prices have risen as well?

Epcot82Guy

Do you find that it has lost value because of the raise, or is it still comparable value now that ticket prices have risen substantially as well?

For me it's a mix. I kind of realized I was going more than I would because I have a pass. So, I was thinking I should probably decrease trips, but the pass always got me back (like that darn Target red card). When the price increases hit on passes, plus the other price increases, crowd increases, and now changes to Epcot - I just couldn't justify the money I was spending on Disney. I had 3 trips planned as of May for this year. I then cancelled 1, switched 1 to universal instead and did the 1 I had last week (inspired by the Illuminations closing). I'm thinking I'll do trips every couple of years now, going to other destinations instead. Just comparing cost to value for me personally.

If you know you are doing Disney for a given number of days, I think it's easier to compare tickets vs AP a bit easier.

Sans Souci

I want to say for me it was ~32%? Perhaps it was the psychological threshold of seeing a four digit renewal? For me, the value wasn't there anymore, that's all. It was basically intangible reasons that made me feel it wasn't worth the $1012 to renew.

I think the dining discounts are 10%, not 20%.

PixarPerfect

Thank you. So roughly $370 from last year. Our own ticket prices have jumped from our last trip and I wondered where the APs fell in the price increase.

The geek in me would look at that 20% off dining and free memory maker with interest if we had a longer trip coming up. Our next is only 8 days so not quite worth it and we don't visit multiple times in a year.

Sadly, the ticket prices are in keeping with the rest of the world. Concert tickets, airline, shows, etc. have all jumped up in recent years. Life.

Epcot82Guy

I guess I haven't seen anywhere near that level of price increase in similar entertainment. Especially at that accelerated rate. This are definitely up. But not at that rate, especially where they were at a premium already. But, I also know that depends alot on region, entrainment type, etc. And, it's always the good ol' ROI calculation. For me, that line of quality vs cost finally tipped. Obviously it hasn't for others.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom