Has Disney Pricing Increases/Atmosphere Cuts Altered YOUR FAMILIES WDW Attendance?

How has Disney Pricing Increases/Atmosphere Cuts Altered YOUR Attendance

• No effect. Absorbed all price changes without changing itineraries and are content with atmosphere

Votes: 82 18.1%
  • No effect yet. However, recent changes have us planning to reduce our WDW spending.

Votes: 89 19.6%
  • Attendance the same, but we have cut back on ADR's, hotel quality/location, etc.

Votes: 62 13.7%
  • We used to go more than once a year. Now we go less often, but still splurge when we do go.

Votes: 15 3.3%
  • We used to go more than once a year. Now we go just once, but still splurge.

Votes: 18 4.0%
  • We used to go at least once a year. Now we go every other year.

Votes: 76 16.7%
  • We used to go at least once a year. Now we don't plan to go at all.

Votes: 62 13.7%
  • We used to go every once in a while. Now we don't plan to go at all.

Votes: 26 5.7%
  • We used to have higher tier passes. Now we have lower tier passes.

Votes: 16 3.5%
  • We used to have passes. Now we don't have passes.

Votes: 86 18.9%

• Total voters

bUU

While there has seemed to be a movement growing, at least online in forums, FB groups, Reddit, etc, which involves people reducing/eliminating WDW vacations going forward, I think it is going to take alot more committed actions to change the cost/value trend by Disney in the Disney theme parks.
Especially since that "movement" has been basically been the same percentage of people as it is today since at least the mid-1980s. It is just that people begin to notice it more when they join the movement. It's kind of like how people perceive things regarding, say, their own political party or some fan group - they see themselves as a silent majority when the reality is that the only real majority is the one that is between the two extremes (like/hate; left/right; up/down).

bUU

The point was that Walt's sentiment wasn't about having a bean counter mentality.
Except, of course, he had his brother run the company.

("Oh yeah.")

Corporate mentality today is to maximize profit above all else.
This is true, and applies to every aspect of every part of everyone's lives. To ignore that is to view thing utterly devoid of reasonable perspective. It's like talking about bathing suits with those of the 19th Century as the only point of comparison.

bUU

What I take from this whole conversation is the premium offerings and prices increases are acceptable to the crowds of people still visiting WDW. For how long?
That question has been asked for over thirty years. The price increases haven't even started to decrease the increasing of guests each year, yet.

eliza61nyc

It's like if your jewler took your diamond wedding ring, dunked it in a toilet and then offered it back to you while charging you for "cleaning" your ring. The years and years you had enjoyed wearing that ring wouldn't make that action any less angering. In fact, the treasured meaning it had developed over those years would make it more infuriating. To say that our dissatisfaction with the service and price offered now at Disney does not mean I "hate the ring" (WDW) and just want to walk away from it.

No but it may mean you have to find a new "jeweler" to use your analogy. If I took my diamond ring to a jewel who did what you described the best way I would express my anger is to not return ever again. to not give him another cent of my money.
let me ask you would you go back to a business that treated you that way?
This is just my opinion but some posters never ever have anything good to say and if they do it's always about "how it use to be" . So if you go on a vacation spot (ANY vacation place) and when you come back the only thing you (not you personally, general sense) do is complain about what is wrong or that everything felt like a money grab is going to be very hard for the reader to believe you enjoy the place.

People point to whether or not this way of doing business is sustainable, maybe it won't be. I don't have any inside information but from the current information, the things folks consider money grabs will continue. If I had to hazard a guess, I 'd say for at least for the next 3-5 years. So my question is this. If some one is currently dissatisfied with the service and price why do you continue to go? (again not you specifically but just in general)

so yes, I would just walk away.

bUU

Ugh, your ban was only temporary. That's disappointing.
I wasn't banned. Geez, the blood dripping from your teeth isn't very becoming.

I have a life beyond the forums. As I mentioned in the forums several months ago, I was moving the first half of October. I've been here over three weeks already and still haven't had a spare moment to even visit the parks (though I have seen the fireworks from my lanai), and that's a lot higher on my priority list than replying to your comments, Dan.

VaderTron

Original Poster
No but it may mean you have to find a new "jeweler" to use your analogy. If I took my diamond ring to a jewel who did what you described the best way I would express my anger is to not return ever again. to not give him another cent of my money.
let me ask you would you go back to a business that treated you that way?
This is just my opinion but some posters never ever have anything good to say and if they do it's always about "how it use to be" . So if you go on a vacation spot (ANY vacation place) and when you come back the only thing you (not you personally, general sense) do is complain about what is wrong or that everything felt like a money grab is going to be very hard for the reader to believe you enjoy the place.

People point to whether or not this way of doing business is sustainable, maybe it won't be. I don't have any inside information but from the current information, the things folks consider money grabs will continue. If I had to hazard a guess, I 'd say for at least for the next 3-5 years. So my question is this. If some one is currently dissatisfied with the service and price why do you continue to go? (again not you specifically but just in general)

so yes, I would just walk away.
Which is exactly what happened. We don't go anymore and have no plans to. My point was it's still infuriating knowing you "invested" so much with this company up front and this is they way I am treated after being a loyal customer for years. It's the customer service and management of something treasured to us that causes us to be upset. Additionally, WDW is unique. It's not like the analogy of the jeweler where I can just go to another competitor. No one else offers "Disney World". So, it's understandable that one would be mad because the only recourse is to punish both ourselves and the wrongdoer (Disney).

bUU

No one else offers "Disney World". So, it's understandable that one would be mad because the only recourse is to punish both ourselves and the wrongdoer (Disney).
Or just be mature and recognize that the problem was our own baseless expectations and perverse interpretation of our patronage as "investment".

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Or just be mature and recognize that the problem was our own baseless expectations and perverse interpretation of our patronage as "investment".
There’s no more “our” than there is a cabal on this site working to denigrate TWDC....

eliza61nyc

Which is exactly what happened. We don't go anymore and have no plans to. My point was it's still infuriating knowing you "invested" so much with this company up front and this is they way I am treated after being a loyal customer for years. It's the customer service and management of something treasured to us that causes us to be upset. Additionally, WDW is unique. It's not like the analogy of the jeweler where I can just go to another competitor. No one else offers "Disney World". So, it's understandable that one would be mad because the only recourse is to punish both ourselves and the wrongdoer (Disney).
good point. I guess it's also how one views their wdw vacations. While you are correct there is nothing like wdw, we never brought into the mantra that wdw is the only place to have "magical" (excuse the pun) vacations. So I'm not sure I would view not going as a punishment.
Now I'm a dvc'er so financially I definitely kicked in some cash, but I still view that as more of a business arrangement. we purchased it simply to save on our accommodations. when Disney reaches the point where it's cost are too much or I feel I'm no longer get the value for what I'm paying. I'll simply sell and yes it is that simple for me. Just way too many other great venues to ever go some place that isn't treating me how I want to be treated.

I do get it though.

Greg in TN

It's like if your jewler took your diamond wedding ring, dunked it in a toilet and then offered it back to you while charging you for "cleaning" your ring. The years and years you had enjoyed wearing that ring wouldn't make that action any less angering. In fact, the treasured meaning it had developed over those years would make it more infuriating. To say that our dissatisfaction with the service and price offered now at Disney does not mean I "hate the ring" (WDW) and just want to walk away from it.

I think the big analogy here is that you certainly wouldn't return to that jeweler.

bUU

There’s no more “our” than there is a cabal on this site working to denigrate TWDC....
That's self-ratifying and self-defensive nonsense.

While you are correct there is nothing like wdw, we never brought into the mantra that wdw is the only place to have "magical" (excuse the pun) vacations. So I'm not sure I would view not going as a punishment.
Even if it was the "only" place, it is still ridiculous to refer to as "punishment" the act of making the best and most responsible decision for your family based on what's offered, the pricing and your own personal preferences.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
That's self-ratifying and self-defensive nonsense.

Even if it was the "only" place, it is still ridiculous to refer to as "punishment" the act of making the best and most responsible decision for your family based on what's offered, the pricing and your own personal preferences.
Or, it’s the truth. Bothersome to you, I know. Most the pity....

Chi84

Premium Member
I wouldn’t call it browbeating, but the people who consistently post negative messages do seem to be a little more insistent that others agree with them. Maybe it’s a “misery loves company” kind of mindset. Or maybe it’s just that people are far more likely to post complaints than good experiences.

WDW_Emily

I was a DCP cast member 2014-2015. Since then I've been back June of 2016, February 2017, February 2018 (AP), October 2018 (AP), February 2019(AP) and am now planning a trip for April 2020. The only reason I am able to go back is that I only need to pay for myself and divide all costs with friends. All the February trips have been to a value resort where I split the cost of 1 room with 4 people. Is it comfortable? Absolutely not. But it is the only way we can make trips happen. Most of my trips have also gone down in length. Used to be week-long trips and now I try to keep it to 5 at the most.

My April trip is my last "splurge" of a trip. I have ADRs made, we are staying moderate, and getting a 5-day park hopper. The only reason is that my boyfriend hasn't been since he was around 7 and wants to do it all. We don't know when we will be back after this trip. We have a long bucket list of places we want to travel for a much lower cost.

The boyfriend is a cook, I am a teacher. Clearly we aren't rolling in the big buck. 🤷‍♀️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom