Has anyone spent 2 weeks at WDW?

dopeylover

We often stayed for 2 weeks as a child, so basically our entire Easter break (things were a lot cheaper back then, even during peak season), and our honeymoon was just shy of two weeks. I've gotten so used to it that our last trip, which was a week, felt 'rushed' to me, but I've come to accept that's about the longest we'll be able to do for awhile, with kids in school and all.

It was wonderful though. Our honeymoon in particular gave us TONS of time to relax and soak everything in. If you can do it in the future, I recommend it!

Davkind76

Is it bad etiquette here to bring up an old thread?

Just saw this through googling info about long WDW trips.

We are doing a 13 day trip in August SOLELY WDW.

day 1 - travel-pool- Disney Springs
Day 2 - MK ( w EMM)
Day 3 - EP
Day 4 - MK
Day 5 - DHS
Day 6 - EP
Day 7 - EMM at MK / AK rest of day
Day 8 - DHS
Day 9 -Mickey Halloween party p.m.
Day 10 - AK
Day 11 - EP (day 1 of Food&Wine)
Day 12 - DHS a.m. / A 2nd Halloween Party p.m.
Day 13 - late morning flight home

Surfin' Tuna

Safe to assume this schedule is based on a 10-day park hopper? I think it might (can't believe I'm going to say this) be a little ambitious. Three days at DHS even with an option TSL seems like a lot to me - a lot, a lot. Two MNSSHP's also seems like overkill unless you just want to spend the money. The special fireworks are nice, the parade is great, but I assume they are still doing two parades a night. If you love the parade you can see it twice in one night, and you can see the fireworks from some locations outside the park. I would just consider at least one day in the middle to do something a little more relaxed, but you might be younger and have more energy than I. We love Disney and love the parks, but too much can turn one a little sour especially in the heat of August.

Does sound like a heck of a nice trip, though. Two weeks in WDW is never a bad thing if you have the time and the money. I'm just saying you might want to pad it with a little relaxation time in there.

ljransom

Yes always do 2 weeks. Coming from the UK it doesn't make sense to just do a week and it doesn't actually cost us much more. If i could i would do 3 weeks as there's so much to do.

DisneyFreak

We've done 10 nights at the Poly in the past multiple times WDW only. It makes for a very relaxing, enjoyable time as you're not running around like crazy trying to do everything within a shorter time frame. We'd park the car and not see it until checkout.

If you can swing it, it's a must do!

tsaintc

We have been going every summer for at least 2 weeks since 2010. Next trip is June 2-17, and I can't believe we are almost a week away from departure. Our longest stay was 22 days, and it was amazing. Also, we only stay on property and typically switch resorts at least once. Long stays are amazing!

Davkind76

Safe to assume this schedule is based on a 10-day park hopper? I think it might (can't believe I'm going to say this) be a little ambitious. Three days at DHS even with an option TSL seems like a lot to me - a lot, a lot. Two MNSSHP's also seems like overkill unless you just want to spend the money. The special fireworks are nice, the parade is great, but I assume they are still doing two parades a night. If you love the parade you can see it twice in one night, and you can see the fireworks from some locations outside the park. I would just consider at least one day in the middle to do something a little more relaxed, but you might be younger and have more energy than I. We love Disney and love the parks, but too much can turn one a little sour especially in the heat of August.

Does sound like a heck of a nice trip, though. Two weeks in WDW is never a bad thing if you have the time and the money. I'm just saying you might want to pad it with a little relaxation time in there.
Thanks for the feedback! I can see the experience in it.

With only the bare bones schedule in my post, it doesn’t properly reflect the relaxing pace of the days .

We decided to go to pop century as opposed to animal kingdom or wilderness Lodge, basically because we end up saving $200 a night . We have stayed at deluxe resorts before and we always feel that we waste our money because we love to just be in the parks most of the time .
We chose pop plus free dining and decided to use the extra money to do all of the specials… 2 EMM. 2 Halloween, 2 fireworks parties (DHS, MK) and we still come way under the budget of having stayed in the other places, which we have stayed before .

Not mentioned in the post, is the vast majority of the days we will take the afternoon off to go for a quick swim and a nap.
1 DHS day is to try to do everything because we love all the shows, the second DHS day is to hit the fav rides and roam w aft break, dinner a Ohana and back for late night Fantasmic.
3rd DHS is simply to go the last day only in the morning and hit our 3 fav rides w fp.
1st Halloween is real w costumes and itinerary and 2 nd is relaxed last night at Wdw w BOG reservation and roaming around at night.

So we are definitely taking a relaxed approach that is only more obvious with the details.

Jedi Stitch

I would love two weeks. We did 7 days at the world and 3 days cruise which is awesome, but 2 weeks just at the parks would work for me. I thin every park has turned into a three day per park, to fully see everything.

Davkind76

I would love two weeks. We did 7 days at the world and 3 days cruise which is awesome, but 2 weeks just at the parks would work for me. I thin every park has turned into a three day per park, to fully see everything.
We are really the same way… Taking time in each land of Magic Kingdom to look at every building to explore every menu and every path…
All four parks for that matter, strolling around and looking at everything as opposed to running from fast pass to fast pass

OneofThree

I’ve been dying to look for someone who spent multiple weeks at a time… What kind of itinerary do you have for four weeks?

It's been years since I've stayed that long, something my family did for most of the 80's and 90's. It was usually one of three trips per year. Going so often, and for so long, it really changes the itinerary and "feel" of the vacation significantly. You really don't plan as much (especially considering that back then, you didn't have to worry about ADR's and FP+). There's typically a lot more resort time involved, as you can imagine, as well as more time for things like the water parks. Off property destinations were also a part of it -Sea World, Busch Gardens, Kennedy Space Center, and later on Universal, and back then also Cypress Gardens and Silver Springs. Overall, a much more relaxing experience.

Last edited:

Kristin_Texas

I've always wanted to stay at least an entire week there, but for me it's impossible to visit at all these days.

My brother just moved to Orlando, and a few weeks ago my parents were helping him move there, so I had to take care of the dogs while they made a mini-Disney vacation out of it. We live sort of in the country, and there's no one to care for the dogs, and even if my father was able to stay home... which he'd probably prefer since he isn't into Disney at all... I wouldn't do it because he doesn't like animals and our eldest dog wears a diaper as it is. (Which she LOVES wearing by the way. She's very, very vain about it and always smiles when we put it back on. We tell her how pretty she looks, so we've spoiled her I guess. ;) She deserves to be spoiled though. All the furkids do). But yeah.... there will be no Disney trips in the foreseeable future for me, but an entire week would be so magical! Ever since I was a kid, my mother and I spoke about how much fun that would be.

THANK GOODNESS for Resort Tv1, Paging Mr. Morrow, etc! They really do fill the void for me and I'm grateful for that.

Nemo14

I've always wanted to stay at least an entire week there, but for me it's impossible to visit at all these days.

My brother just moved to Orlando, and a few weeks ago my parents were helping him move there, so I had to take care of the dogs while they made a mini-Disney vacation out of it. We live sort of in the country, and there's no one to care for the dogs, and even if my father was able to stay home... which he'd probably prefer since he isn't into Disney at all... I wouldn't do it because he doesn't like animals and our eldest dog wears a diaper as it is. (Which she LOVES wearing by the way. She's very, very vain about it and always smiles when we put it back on. We tell her how pretty she looks, so we've spoiled her I guess. ;) She deserves to be spoiled though. All the furkids do). But yeah.... there will be no Disney trips in the foreseeable future for me, but an entire week would be so magical! Ever since I was a kid, my mother and I spoke about how much fun that would be.

THANK GOODNESS for Resort Tv1, Paging Mr. Morrow, etc! They really do fill the void for me and I'm grateful for that.
TMI

Kristin_Texas

Wow. And your 3-lettered "TMI" was just full of relevancy to the original post, was it?

Clearly, this isn't the place for me. I've discovered that just a few posts in. Luckily, there are plenty more Disney sites I've yet to visit.

eliza61nyc

Wow. And your 3-lettered "TMI" was just full of relevancy to the original post, was it?

Clearly, this isn't the place for me. I've discovered that just a few posts in. Luckily, there are plenty more Disney sites I've yet to visit.

I didn't understand it either. Weird people some times

21stamps

Just shrug it off. Your story was fine. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom