Has anyone ever tried to recreate a WDW recipe?

SMRT-1Michael

Original Poster
Last time we were there in July, we ate at the Wave, and our waiter recommended the Watermelon, Arugula, and Feta salad. He told us how to prepare it and now, we constantly prepare it for dinner at home! It's sooo good, and my whole family enjoys it. :slurp:

Another time, in the DVC magazine, their was a recipe for Artist Point's amazing Portobello mushroom soup. We actually did try to make and it turned out pretty good! (Although we've only made that soup once)

Has anyone ever tried making a Disney recipe?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
There is a HUGE thread containing MANY, many recipes from all over WDW here at WDWMagic.

Click this link:
Recipe???

Happy cooking! :slurp:

edit: Index of the thread is here

klineski96

I tried to make the scalloped potatoes from Ohana's once (may they R.I.P.), I think I found the recipe on Allears or something.

Anyways, they didn't quite turn out the way we they would have had we gotten them at the restaurant, but they were still pretty good. I'll occasionally make scalloped potatoes using some of the same ingredients.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Last time we were there in July, we ate at the Wave, and our waiter recommended the Watermelon, Arugula, and Feta salad. He told us how to prepare it and now, we constantly prepare it for dinner at home! It's sooo good, and my whole family enjoys it. :slurp:

Another time, in the DVC magazine, their was a recipe for Artist Point's amazing Portobello mushroom soup. We actually did try to make and it turned out pretty good! (Although we've only made that soup once)

Has anyone ever tried making a Disney recipe?

Yes, we did the corn bread. Yum yum! I printed over 200 recipes and made my own cookbook with all Disney recipes. We also made some salad dressings and desserts! YUMMY! :slurp::slurp::slurp:

NiarrNDisney

Yes many and with much sucess! Some of the recipes I make on a regular bases such as Mash Potatoes w/creamchesse a few dips from many restaurants and a Beets w/Arugula salad.

EvilQueen-T

my favorite to make is from wolfgang pucks...the macadamia nut crusted chicken with papaya marmalade and mashed potatoes with sho yu cream sauce... omg it's my favorite when i eat there and if it were not for this web site i wouldn't have the recipe. it's really just a fancy fried chicken and mashed potatoes but WOW.

Dj Corona

Still screwing up the Cheddar Cheese Soup recipe to this day, hahaha....maybe a good thing, because I think only getting the right version in Epcot keeps it a little magical!:D

JoMarch

This weekend I made the Banana Bread Pudding from BOMA. It didn't turn out so tasty and seemed like it was missing something.

I have had some success with other recipes though.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yep. I have made the steak marinade from garden grill, Figaro fries, pineapple macadamia nut pancakes from Kona and Dole Whips.

KevinFSU

I have made the flank steak marinade (when they used to have flank steak) from Boma a number of times. Talking about your house smelling like Boma... it is spot on.

I've made the fetuccine alfredo quite a few times from the old restaurant in Italy. In fact, I have a nice bit of heaping leftovers of it for lunch today.

I tried to make the scalloped potatoes from Ohana's once (may they R.I.P.), I think I found the recipe on Allears or something.

Anyways, they didn't quite turn out the way we they would have had we gotten them at the restaurant, but they were still pretty good. I'll occasionally make scalloped potatoes using some of the same ingredients.

I've also made this recipe but as I never had the original, I had no means of comparison. I just decided to make the recipe because I REALLY love scalloped potatoes haha!

I've also made the cornbread from Whispering Canyon Cafe and the Tie-Dye Cheesecake from Pop Century! Both turned out pretty good!

tigsmom

There is a HUGE thread containing MANY, many recipes from all over WDW here at WDWMagic.

Click this link:
Recipe???

Happy cooking! :slurp:

edit: Index of the thread is here

Thanks so much for pointing this out :king: You can find so many of your favorite recipes there and you can also make requests for one not already listed in our Index. We have a few active gatherers and would love to have some new members join us. :cool: I respectfully ask that all requests be made in our Recipe thread so we can keep everything together. thanks

Even though they are stickied to the top of the forum many people still do not know these threads exist. There are not only recipes, but pictures and reviews of dishes made.
I've made many of the recipes listed and they almost always come out great (the one exception was the Maui scalloped potatoes from 'Ohana, my family hated them) .

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I have tried quite a few. I'm actually trying new recipes each week as a countdown to our trip. So far I've made nine recipes. I started at 18 weeks so I'm halfway there! My husband is actually getting antsy because the week is almost done and I haven't made my recipe for the week yet!
My favorite was the kilauea torte from the kona cafe.

goofykt

I tried a 50's Prime Time pot roast recipe I found on here, and it just wasn't the same.

It wasn't bad, but it didn't taste anything like theirs. We were like giddy little school children whilst making it, but then when it turned out like any other pot roast, we were very sad. :(

I'd really like to try whipping up a Red Maple from Le Cellier in my handy dandy blender. I'm glad I saw your post because it reminded me to search the internet for a copycat recipe!

Ariel484

Still screwing up the Cheddar Cheese Soup recipe to this day, hahaha....maybe a good thing, because I think only getting the right version in Epcot keeps it a little magical!:D
That's what I tell myself abou the Jiko macaroni and cheese...I've messed it up twice now :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom