Has Anyone Ever Seen This WDW DVD???

parksjae

Original Poster
I was on Amazon ordering my copy of the new 6-disc DVD WDW set that comes out on June 1, and I stumbled across this too

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470939291&pf_rd_i=507846

I had never heard or seen it before, and there are no reviews, however the seller does have a 98% positive rating. It's priced at $129 and is listed as only being 1 disc. If that is true, it must come with a time machine that can transport you to the parks at any time, because that price seems a little outrageous!

Can anyone shed any light on this????

slappy magoo

From the looks of it, it's a souvenir dvd they used to sell at all the parks. The sort of keepsake they update every so often when new attractions arrive or old ones go away. The ridiculous price is because it's a discontinued item. I wouldn't buy it expecting in-depth descriptions of extinct attractions. WDW also now has DVDs like this but they're park-specific, one for Magic Kingdom, one for Epcot, etc. This one kind of had bits of all four, plus the water parks, DTD, probably Pleasure Island.

I'm not a big fan of the bootleg, but you can probably find a lot of the exact same footage on youtube. Not as sharp-looking, but you know, free.

Wilt Dasney

I bought a DVD with that exact cover art at the parks a few years ago. Nothing about the content (not considering the availability) would make it worth that much. It was typical Disney-produced pap, as far as I remember. Pleasant, mildly entertaining, very forgettable.

Cynderella

I'm pretty sure my parents bought this for me one year. Definetly NOT worth $129.00. It had pretty much everything that you can see on the planning DVD's if I'm not mistaken. Nothing is really standing out in my mind which is making me think it's nothing special. :shrug:

blueberetta86

They are selling it at Best Buy already??

Yes. I work in the media department and noticed it in the new release boxes on Tuesday morning. Even though the website reads that the new release date is 6/1, I checked our inventory system and it says the street date is 5/25.

If you don't notice it on the shelves ask an associate to check inventory numbers to see if they have it in stock. If so then they are allowed to sell it to you.

janoimagine

I have the bluray version of this. Is there really a difference between the DVD and the bluray?

Yes, the blu-ray only has about half of what the boxed set includes ... however we bought both blu-ray and the boxed set, and the hi-def footage is incredible, blows the standard def picture out of the water ... I wish they had done all the episodes on blu-ray, the animal kingdom one would have been incredible to see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom