Has anyone ever had another guest start an issue with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Two events happened this Christmas vacation that really threw me as I have never seen guests act this poorly.

While I was in the restrooms just past Casey's, on Christmas Eve in the Emporium right at the entrance to Casey's (inside) with my wife in her wheelchair sitting still and my daughter looking at something a woman ran across her leg supports and tripped then proceeded to get up yelling at my daughter who was turned the other way and punched her in the arm. To my daughter's surpise, my wife's and many other guests in the area she then jumped back over my wife's chair and ran full steam out through the Casey's indoor seating area with a security CM in chase.

The second occurance was when an ECV driver ran into me at a good clip while I was pushing my wife over the Adventureland bridge, when I managed to get turned around to see what had happened the driver was driving off without a word of appology while using his iPad to either shoot video or take photos while trying to drive through Christmas crouds on Christmas day.

mcstensrud

I try not to dwell on bad experiences on vacations but lets just say while hubby and I were touring typhoon lagoon after securing ourselves a spot under an umbrella near the crush n gusher after rope drop a family decided to move our stuff and the youngster was using my husbands boat shoe as a shovel?the nerve of some people!

Megalodumb

After yelling for 5 minutes she drives the Jazzy right into the red velvet ropes and Knocks the entire Waiting line over into a big mess.....
For that action alone, despite her physical disabilities, security should have been contacted & this woman evicted from park grounds immediately.

Hot Lava

Three times, all in 2011 at Magic Kingdom, it was just before Wishes was about to start and we were stood somewhere where we weren't supposed to be for some reason so a CM directed us over to a gap in the crowd so we squeezed in there and as soon as the fireworks started a irate women behind tapped me hard on the shoulder and told us to shove off as her two teenage daughters could not see so we offered for them to stand in front of us and she tutted and said we had to leave and so were like ok? but we couldn't move due to the crowd and so we apologized and had to watch Wishes with the woman making stupid noises and comments throughout. Pathetic behavior.

Second one was we were in line for the Haunted Mansion and were forced down the interactive queue route which we never did, anyway the line was moving but a woman and her son were busy messing around with one of the interactive things holding everyone up, so tired of waiting with a large growing gap, my brother just walked past them but the woman quickly turned and grabbed his arm and was like 'Don't F'ing queue jump in front of us' :confused: If she is going to mess around with the stuff instead of moving with the line like everyone else then expect to lose your place.

Oh and a third time at Magic Kingdom by Splash Mountain a woman ran my mum down with a stroller and shouted at my mum for being stupid and getting in the way when the woman herself was on her phone stuffing a turkey leg in her fat mouth and not looking where she was going.

But you don't think that some of your actions and attitude are rude?

I agree about the people in the queue, but wouldn't it have been better to ask them to move or allow those in line to move past before going around them?

I hate the stroller rammers also (and I "drive" one on a regular basis), but IMO your description is more hateful than necessary.

A woman in Downtown Disney who was with her child started mouthing off when I was in the public restroom waiting for my sister to come out of the disabled cubicle. When my sister (who was 12 at the time) walked out the woman started ranting that she was quite clearly not disabled and couldn't believe she and her child had had to wait. My sister empties her bladder by catheter tube and stalls with a sink are beneficial as first she must wet the tube. It amazes me that in this day and age people still don't realise that a disability doesn't have to be visible. On that note, the woman and her child looked as disabled as my sister and I...ie not at all.

This reminds me of an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm about the use of handicap stalls.
A good twist on that ep would be Larry being yelled at my a person not disabled who then proceeds to use the stall.

Last edited:

Hot Lava

I've seen some reports of people using the water fountains as personal baby bidets but those report never mentioned if the perpetrators were foreigners or Americans. While I believe in the possibility of it, unless the poster went up to all people doing that and asked for their ID, he/she couldn't be sure of their nationality.

:eek::eek::eek:

I stopped using water fountains years ago after seeing what people at the gym do to them. That is nothing compared to this. Great googly-moogly!
Will Disney need to put up signs around the drinking fountains similar to what the Louvre* felt compelled to post?

Sign may or may not exist.

Last edited:

AndyS2992

But you don't think that some of your actions and attitude are rude?

I agree about the people in the queue, but wouldn't it have been better to ask them to move or allow those in line to move past before going around them?

I hate the stroller rammers also (and I "drive" one on a regular basis), but IMO your description is more hateful than necessary.

Wow.. :cautious: Are you serious? You don't know nothing, you weren't there. Don't you think you're being rude? :rolleyes: My writing has 'attitude' as looking back it is frustrating however my attitude at the time was very different.

1. Offering an irate family to stand in front of us so they could see is rude and hateful is it?
2. Pretty sure demanding them to move is ruder than just walking past, plus her grabbing and swearing is ruder and more hateful than us waiting and then walking past and apologising. She could see people were annoyed and did nothing.
3. A woman rammed us as she wasn't looking yet we still apologised while she ranted. Are we rude and hateful in this situation? For a third time NO.

We were not rude, hateful or had attitude but I will be now, get your facts right and think before accusing people of being rude, hateful and having a bad attitude. Geez..

Last edited:

graphite1326

Wow.. :cautious: Are you serious? You don't know nothing, you weren't there. Don't you think you're being rude? :rolleyes: My writing has 'attitude' as looking back it is frustrating however my attitude at the time was very different.

1. Offering an irate family to stand in front of us so they could see is rude and hateful is it?
2. Pretty sure demanding them to move is ruder than just walking past, plus her grabbing and swearing is ruder and more hateful than us waiting and then walking past and apologising. She could see people were annoyed and did nothing.
3. A woman rammed us as she wasn't looking yet we still apologised while she ranted. Are we rude and hateful in this situation? For a third time NO.

We were not rude, hateful or had attitude but I will be now, get your facts right and think before accusing people of being rude, hateful and having a bad attitude. Geez..
Yeah, I thought the reply this person made to you was rude also.

thomas998

I understand that, but meltdowns are bound to happen with a child with autism regardless of where they are. You are right that not every child can handle it, but you seem to indicate that you can determine that based on observing a child briefly in the parks or looking at their record (which, I hate to tell you, is quite often wrong).

Every kid can have a melt down whether they are autistic or not... The real question is how do you handle it when it happens. I've seen parents that had a kid that started to have a melt down and they had the good sense to take him out to a quiet place as quickly as they possibly could - it was the best thing for the kid and the best thing for everyone else he would have disturbed. On the other hand I've had occasions where a child was having a melt down and the parents tried to ignore it as if it would go away ( it didn't ), and the ones that think they can calm them down (clue, when the kid is freaking because of loud noises and flashing lights that aren't going to stop trying to calm them down isn't going to work)... in those instances the kid never did calm down and the only thing the parent managed to do was ruin their kids day along with everyone that was trying to enjoy the entertainment...

Those are the parents I think are simply in denial of the own children. Some kids aren't going to enjoy Disney and aren't going to like certain rides, doesn't matter if you love Disney or a particular ride that doesn't mean your child will. My favorite was the British mom at Disney's California Adventure that tried to put her little boy on a Jellyfish ride... He would have nothing of it... He scream like he was being given a root canal without any anesthesia, he fought, she fought back, she forced him into the chair and he tried to escape, she tried to bribe him, he wouldn't listen, it went on for almost 10 minutes while the CM continued to try and tell her that he wasn't allowed to run the ride if the child was acting like that because it wouldn't be safe. She then spend 5 minutes trying to convince the CM her child would just love the ride once it started (all the while the poor kid was still having a fit and trying like made to get out of the chair... Finally she agreed to take him off the ride, 10 feet away from the ride he calmed down and became a normal happy kid again - but his crazy mother couldn't have just accepted that he didn't want to be on that ride.

AndyGator

Like the villains in the OP's complaint, I am guilty of being annoyed by adults conversing with the Frozen princesses for 10-15 minutes. I'd never say anything though. If you think princesses are cool, I'm happy for you. I just wanted to get that off my chest. I was just frustrated after sitting in the same spot for over 2.5 hours.

joanna71985

Like the villains in the OP's complaint, I am guilty of being annoyed by adults conversing with the Frozen princesses for 10-15 minutes. I'd never say anything though. If you think princesses are cool, I'm happy for you. I just wanted to get that off my chest. I was just frustrated after sitting in the same spot for over 2.5 hours.

Just curious- how do you know it was adults? For all you know, it could have been kids

AndyGator

WDW is for everyone, they paid the same as you and waited the same as you. Everyone has the right to do whatever they want without others judging, it's Disney World, the place for kids and kids at heart.

I agree. It was a confession. I'm sorry.

I hope the character loving adult community can forgive me.

AndyS2992

I agree. It was a confession. I'm sorry.

I hope the character loving adult community can forgive me.
Fine, I don't care for characters personally but you can make the same argument about a group of adults taking up a tea cup, are you going to complain that adults are taking up teacups and making kids wait longer because it is a 'kids' ride? You wouldn't. So yeah, same thing.

Now let's get back on topic.

Monkee Girl

Not in all cases. Would you give candy to a grown adult that was "trick or treating" on Halloween?

Only if they are in costume :D

I never had a problem in the character lines. I try to be quick. Say hello get my picture and autograph...yea...I still do autographs...those picture books make great souvenears. If I am longer than normal though it is because the character is the one starting up a conversation with me. I had visited Rapunzel for the first time on Easter Sunday. I was staying at the Polynesian so I was covered in leis (had them around my neck, on my wrists, a flour clip in my hair). I didn't realize the connection until she went crazy over all my flowers. She didn't stop I think till she counted every one, lol It was funny but I felt so bad for taking up everyone's time. But hey, you don't interrupt Rapunzel when she is on a tangent :cool:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Not in all cases. Would you give candy to a grown adult that was "trick or treating" on Halloween?

My adult next door neighbor when I was a kid went trick or treating with us kids every year. He usually came back with a full bag of candy. I think most people probably thought he was just collecting for a sick kid or something. I think he did a little too much acid in the 60s or something...strange dude:hungover:.

This story has no point...just thought about it when you mentioned adults and trick or treating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom