Has Anyone Been Soaked Yet?

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
I'm living vicariously through ANYONE who has played this yet! It released today, but our Best Buy, EB GAMES and Gamestop won't have them until later this week or early next week... :fork: :mad: :cry:

I haven't been able to find it yet either. I have tried Target and Wal-Mart. I am going to try my Best Buy after work. I thought if something was supposed to be released on a certain date it would be in the stores on that date.

Salty-

Since for some strange reason I never picked up the original (even after loving the demo), I'd like to see if they have one of those bundle packs (both RCT3 and expansion. But that's probably a bit away (proll'y 'round the holidays)

Maybe there will be some good $$$ deals on the original now that the expansion is out. That'd put the game in my shopping cart quick.

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
OMG! BEST BUY AND GAMESTOP told me they would have it today... i go to both places on my lunchbreak... and NEITHER PLACE HAS IT... neither does wal-mart, target, e-bgames... AAAAHHHHH!!!

daveemtdave

I got the game today. It is pretty good. Mostly a Sea World mixed with the Roller Coaster Tycoon touch. Mainly you build pools and can start dolphin and whale shows. There is also an aquarium. It's not bad but it's not the best IMO.

WDWScottieBoy

Just got mine today. I had it preordered just to be on the safe side in case EB Games didn't get any in. I'm getting ready to install it right now and will give a review on it later tonight.

JonnyK

I have the game, ive had it since weds.. game is fun but it has alot of goodies such as a water slide.. blastercoaster.. many more u can build a water park out of it.. that would be a good idea to build a typhoon lagoon waterpark from it.. since it has some themes that matches it..

WDWScottieBoy

It's not that bad. Not what I thought it was going to be, but I'm getting used to it and like it so far. I'd give it a B+ right now and expect that to go up as I get back into the RCT3 mood.

disneydreams

I bought it Monday at Best Buy. They had it 'on sale' for $24.99 so I picked it up. I like it; it's a little strang with the waterslides and not. Whale/Dohpin/Aquarium make a nice touch. I can't wait for the next expansion.

dandaman

I have it, but the thing is, the game keeps freezing/exiting itself around 15 minutes into gameplay... I don't know how to solve it.

Rayray

I bought it a couple of days ago. It's good, but it runs very slow. My video card, processor, RAM, and ROM are past the requirements but it still runs slow. Atari should make the peeps less complicated in the game. All of their somewhat unique actions and thoughts seem to be the culprit for slowing down the game. I personally did not mind the rct 2 and 1 peeps except for the poor navigation skills:rolleyes: . I am more interested in building a park and seeing if the peeps enjoy the park - not to see if their in love with another or if they are mad at their family.

NowInc

It runs "fine" on my home system (my fastest)..but yeah..it should be running a LOT better seeing how i can run doom3 at over 60fps

I.M.Fearless

Soaked looks awesome. Just two problems. 1, I'm refusing to let any more games into this house until I finish some of the ones I have. (idiot Need For Speed!) 2, RCT3 already runs SLOW AS DEATH, and an expansion pack sure won't make things much better.

Rayray

Is anyone else having trouble with the mixmaster? My computer keeps shutting down RCT 3 after about 15 to 30 minutes of playing (without saving data I might add). Right now I'm saving about every 3 minutes. This is occuring in the sandbox mode.:brick: :brick:

CrashNet

Rayray said:
Is anyone else having trouble with the mixmaster? My computer keeps shutting down RCT 3 after about 15 to 30 minutes of playing (without saving data I might add). Right now I'm saving about every 3 minutes. This is occuring in the sandbox mode.:brick: :brick:
I find that happens to me when I use MP3 sound files. It crashes because the game is decompressing the file and when I move forward through the song past where it has decompressed so far, the game locks up. Now I simply convert my songs to .wav format. I haven't had problems since.

NowInc, you are right. This game takes resources like candy. My rig is 3.06 P4 HT with 512mb and 128mb ATI 9700 Pro and I can easily get Doom3 and FarCry to run with all the bells and whistles on max at 50-60 FPS. This one starts at 53 or so with an empty park, but man...you put too many fireworks, rides, or it goes from day to night while you are looking at a busy part of your park, the frame rate drops, sometimes to single digits. :eek: I will say that Soaked improved my framerate, but I would think a game that doesn't seem to look more complex than other's I have played could pump more FPS than what it does. Hopefully they are still working on that, and when RCT3: Wild comes out (next expansion set for an October/November release) they will improve the resource use again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom