Harry Potter ride, what's up with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prongs

Original Poster
Hey, does anyone know what's up with that Harry Potter ride that was supposed to be build at the MGM Studios?.. I've heard something about that but I'm not quite sure. Do you guys know anything?

lawyergirl77

Oy, honey do a thread search. This has been addressed ad nauseam in another thread and people have been getting pretty hostile about it (and will likely do so again).

Welcome to the boards, but please PLEASE do a thread search next time!!! You won't regret it!!! :wave:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Um... No.

Il n'est pas une ride de Harry Potter dans les Studios. (in my best O Canada style french!)

lawyergirl77

mousermerf said:
Um... No.

Il n'est pas une ride de Harry Potter dans les Studios. (in my best O Canada style french!)
:lol:

That? Was priceless, Merf! Thanks for the laugh!!!!!

And your French is STILL better than that of the female singer in O Canada!!! *shudder*

Sergeant Tibbs

Prongs said:
Hey, does anyone know what's up with that Harry Potter ride that was supposed to be build at the MGM Studios?.. I've heard something about that but I'm not quite sure. Do you guys know anything?
Yeah i heard theyre going to build it in France.:lol:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Prongs said:

Actually, there is new news on the Harry Potter attraction. It is slated to be the central attraction at the new Disney Uranus theme park, slotted to open in 3012....

Erika

Prongs said:

If you've seen any recent references, it's probably due to the fact that it's become somewhat of a joke around here. And that is the closest we will get to a Harry Potter ride. :wave:

HunnyPot

Prongs said:

This has been discussed over and over again, BUT, being a Harry Potter fan myself, I would recommend you take a look at MuggleNet.com because there is an article about it on there today.

Welcome by the way!

CaptainMichael

Here is the article from www.mugglenet.com:

Harry Potter ride at Disney World? Not happenin'
At least, probably not any time soon. This report came in today:

I work at the Disney-MGM Studios in Orlando, FL, and as we were talking about the new additions of attractions to Walt-Disney World, my manager let it slip that before Disney finalized putting in Lights, Motor, Action (the new stunt show), they were originally planning a Harry Potter attraction, because Disney has the rights. However, the Happiest Celebration on Earth came around and rather dashed that, because we needed something from Disneyland Paris that would rake in guests for the summer season. What this does mean, however, is that if there ever is a Harry Potter attraction, we'll have to look to Disney for it. (I was surprised, I assumed WB had the rights to an attraction). I'll keep my eyes open, but I wouldn't expect it for a few more years - the Happiest Celebration on Earth is running for a year, and a new thrill ride called Expedition: Everest is coming.

Erika

STR8FAN2005 said:
Here is the article from www.mugglenet.com:

Harry Potter ride at Disney World? Not happenin'
At least, probably not any time soon. This report came in today:

I work at the Disney-MGM Studios in Orlando, FL, and as we were talking about the new additions of attractions to Walt-Disney World, my manager let it slip that before Disney finalized putting in Lights, Motor, Action (the new stunt show), they were originally planning a Harry Potter attraction, because Disney has the rights. However, the Happiest Celebration on Earth came around and rather dashed that, because we needed something from Disneyland Paris that would rake in guests for the summer season. What this does mean, however, is that if there ever is a Harry Potter attraction, we'll have to look to Disney for it. (I was surprised, I assumed WB had the rights to an attraction). I'll keep my eyes open, but I wouldn't expect it for a few more years - the Happiest Celebration on Earth is running for a year, and a new thrill ride called Expedition: Everest is coming.

Is that an actual article by a legitimate journalist, or an anonymous posting by a HP fan? I looked at the site and it just said "posted by Emerson." I'm not suggesting that he or she is lying, it's just that I have no idea who this person is or what his credentials are.

TAC

Ralph Waldo ?

Erika said:
Is that an actual article by a legitimate journalist, or an anonymous posting by a HP fan? I looked at the site and it just said "posted by Emerson." I'm not suggesting that he or she is lying, it's just that I have no idea who this person is or what his credentials are.

CaptainMichael

Erika said:
Emerson owns the site. He just posts things people send him. The site's information is pretty accurate. Of course, that is one of the places where the rumor started.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
SirGoofy said:
I heard they're going to put it in the 5th park.

Yes, on Uranus in 3012.

Uranus%20Rings%20by%20David%20A%20Hardy.jpg

Erika

STR8FAN2005 said:
Emerson owns the site. He just posts things people send him. The site's information is pretty accurate. Of course, that is one of the places where the rumor started.

Ah, thank you! So is he the one who works at WDW, or did someone else send that to him and he put it on the site?

imagineer boy

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:fork: :mad: :goodnevil :rolleyes: :zipit: :brick: :cry: :eek: :hammer: :fork:

CaptainMichael

Erika said:
Ah, thank you! So is he the one who works at WDW, or did someone else send that to him and he put it on the site?
Someone sent it to him. I think he lives in Illinois or somewhere like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom