Harry Potter IS making a difference!!

ABigBrassBand

We have had the insiders on here telling us FLE was planned long before Potter... Pleasure Island's retheme has nothing to do with Potter, common sense tells us that...

Also, insiders have said Disney has Potter swatters planned, just waiting for the green light... I have a funny feeling the swatters will be stuck on amber or red for a long time though....
Ah, I had the wrong impression then.

Should be exciting, hopefully they reveal something soon...but they'll probably wait for the next HP movie to near release date, no?

Captain Chaos

Ah, I had the wrong impression then.

Should be exciting, hopefully they reveal something soon...but they'll probably wait for the next HP movie to near release date, no?

Not getting my hopes up for any new, innovative technology from Disney being incorporated into any new, exciting rides.. if there is, Disneyland will probably get it.. TDO hates spending money... We all know that...

I have yet to experience Wizarding World, but from what I read and heard from friends is that it is amazing... I am not a Universal fan but I can say I may spend a day or two over in their parks instead of at a Disney park if they don't start giving us some new ride technology... And i don't mean some mini BTMR/larger Barnstormer faux-coaster with or without some sort of water effect themed to the dwarfs mine...

Wilt Dasney

Going off topic a bit:

The article says from now on, Disney will only report combined attendance at WDW and DLR, and any breakouts for the individual properties will have to come from enterprising reporting like this story.

Disney really tries to be too cute sometimes. Sure, it doesn't matter to Bob Iger which properties are doing well as long as the overall numbers are good, but people who depend on jobs in central Florida can't be that nonchalant about it. Cast Members/contractors/vendors/etc. should be able to know how the largest employer in the region is doing financially without having to play detective games to figure it out. I'm sure shareholders would be interested in a more detailed breakdown too.

This business of trying to play hide the ball is really irritating. They act like they're the CIA or something.

captainkidd

Sure, FLE will attract more visitors, but it certainly can't entertain anyone...

Um, what? A new themed ride to the Little Mermaid, new character meals, a revamped Dumbo attraction. That can't entertain anyone?

Wow. What a complete waste of money on Disney's part.

ABigBrassBand

Um, what? A new themed ride to the Little Mermaid, new character meals, a revamped Dumbo attraction. That can't entertain anyone?

Wow. What a complete waste of money on Disney's part.
Well, you can't please everyone, but HP seems to get a larger part of the mainstream.

And it entertains many people, so it's not a waste.

captainkidd

Is it only me who things that Animal Kingdom is more than a day park? I just love the atmosphere and I think that park is brilliant, minus the carnival area.

I think any park CAN be done in 1 day. That being said, we usually spend 2-3 days at AK. There's a lot of details there that people don't bother to see. People just think "There's only 5 or 6 rides, and that's it."

The one Disney park that needs work is DHS. We spend about 3 hours there and we're done. There's lots of space in the back, but nothing to see.

ThatMouse

If WDW fixed their broken reservation system, that would be a start. 1) Stop calling us the "" family when we're not married. 2) Remember me after 50 visits to Disney -- stop asking if this is my first visit! 3) List all your rates without having to redefine my search 100 times and login under 4 different coupon codes to see which is lower; regular, AP, FL resident, etc. I suppose this horse has been beaten to death for years.

floridabill

Oh TDO

In all seriousness I know TDO is cheap, but it blows my mind that after flat attendance that they haven't realized you have to spend a little to make a little. I mean come one disneyland can't get everything Where is bob iger in all this? well whatever I use to have much anger toward TDO, now I am just depressed, because they are sending WDW down the drain, and surly they can't believe that more shopping dining and one park expansion out of 4 is the answer. I just can't believe they are that greedy and cheap, they will probably continue with there ways and when attendance drops they will not build things, they will cut more things and add some crummy show for kinds, unbelievable. =/

jt04

Legoland will be the wake up call.

I will be watching the next D23 convention closely. Heck, I might even go this time.

That is when I think we will hear something. Possibly.

Need a catchier phrase than Lego Swatter.

S

stphnbogert

i'm not big on the whole yeti thing being fixed. but a lot of people complain about it so i think if majority wants it "fixed" then it should be on the list of things to do. i personally think disney world is great but getting new attractions/expansion would be amazing. =)

S

stphnbogert

damn well lets all hope disney has some surprises in the next few months with some announcements.

lazyboy97o

I guess flat attendance is better than declining attendance. How they don't have declining attendance in a recession and (by 2011) a four-year-long period of nothing substantial being added to the parks astounds me. I sincerely hope FLE isn't the only thing up their sleeve by 2012/13 otherwise they'll also have to go up against the rumored Harry Potter phase 2. Let's hope Disney provides more incentive for guests to visit their parks in the coming years.
Disney has spent the past several years discounting admission and lodging. That was all cut back this year. Past years have seen attendance maintained at the expense of guest spending. Universal has seen a reverse of years of decline. Harry Potter is most of Universal's story, but only a fraction of Disney's.

Very doubtful.

TP2000

when is the next d23 convention?

August 19th thru 21st, Anaheim Convention Center, Anaheim, California

See you there! :wave:

9_09_DL_02121.jpg

TP2000

jt, buddy, you really think so? A wake up call for whom exactly? :confused:

In my opinion, the only folks in central Florida who should be worried about Legoland are the guys running gator farms and mini golf courses, as it will take an afternoon out of the average Orlando itinerary for places like this...

congo3.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom