Harry Potter....and it looks amazing

Slipknot

Pumpkin Juice?? I'll reserve judgment... :hurl:

It tasted better than I thought it would. I was looking at the bottle after I drank it and noticed on the label: Chill (it was on ice at the cart I bought it at so you shouldn't have to worry about that) and shake well before use. If it helps the taste, I'll keep that in mind.

Captain Chaos

It tasted better than I thought it would. I was looking at the bottle after I drank it and noticed on the label: Chill (it was on ice at the cart I bought it at so you shouldn't have to worry about that) and shake well before use. If it helps the taste, I'll keep that in mind.

I'm also hearing they have a frozen butterbeer, and it is better than the drink???

Lee

Adventurer
In this Jim Hill article, he notes it was going to be its own exclusive park, which I think was much more risky than putting it in an already established park.
There were concepts put together for both a stand-alone park, and an addition to an existing park. The seperate gate version died first. The numbers just don't work.

JK wanted you to tap on the walls of a pub, move into Diagon Alley, then take the Hogwarts Express to Hogwarts itself.
That is accurate, and was in both versions.

jakeman

I thought I had heard that the wands would be used to trigger events around the land, a la Magic Quest.

Was that implemented? I haven't heard anyone mention it.

SleepingMonk

I thought I had heard that the wands would be used to trigger events around the land, a la Magic Quest.

Was that implemented? I haven't heard anyone mention it.

Not to my knowledge.

Many of the displays in the shoppes are interactive, and the objects in display windows move, etc....but none of them are tied to the wands.

munkgirl

^I guess, but Dole Whips, Mickey Premiums, and Turkey Legs are, like, the only "exclusive" Disney foodstuffs. At WWoHP you've got Honeydukes that makes more unique and varied stuff than the Main Street Confectionary (Chocolate Couldrons!) and then there's Pumpkin Juice and THEN we get to the merch which is GREAT: the Quibbler (a WIZARD MAGAZINE!), all sorts of pranks at Zonko's, wands, Quiddich gaming materials, and you can even mail a Hogwarts acceptance letter! You've got to admit some of this unique merch is REALLY cool!

If I go to WWoHP I'm going to be so so very broke afterwards.

munkgirl

Universal is rumored to be fitting out an RV to handle larger guests. This is a known issue and they are working to find some way to rectify it.

I can't see that ending well. I'm sure lots of people really want to ride this ride, but I would be mortified if they separated out larger folks into a holding/waiting spot for people who need THE BIGGER RV FOR BIG PEOPLE WHO ARE BIG. Not cool.

jakeman

Yeah, they decided to drop the MagiQuest aspect.
Interesting.

Disney would have been excoriated for that, yet it is met with barely a whisper. Just an observation, nothing more. It is disappointing they decided not to pursue that type of interactivity.

However, it won't change our plans to go check it out in October.

I'm really looking forward to this, and possibly even more entertaining is watching the conclusion being drawn after it being open for one weekend.

cmatt

Step away from the pies and Guinness then......:animwink:

And how many carpet burgers did you eat over last weekend?

none actually - it is allll about noodles, giggle grass, rum and cider my friend :)

i essentially forgot to eat - so lost 8lbs... I am tempted to become an alcoholic you know as it works wonder for the figure!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom