Harry Potter....and it looks amazing

Sketch105

From what I understand she wanted more control on the experience than Disney was going to let her have (fun test: go to WWoHP and try to find any "name brand" stuff there. Big example: no Coke/Pepsi)

This was commented on in a story in The St. Petersburg Times. It doesn't hold water unless Sutter Home, Corona, Bud Light, Guiness, New Castle, Heineken, and other beverages played a role in the books.

gallery-103-image-821.jpg

Testtrack321

This was commented on in a story in The St. Petersburg Times. It doesn't hold water unless Sutter Home, Corona, Bud Light, Guiness, New Castle, Heineken, and other beverages played a role in the books.

gallery-103-image-821.jpg

Interesting, when I heard people talk about it they said there were no outside food or drink, I guess this was added recently. I still believe there are no Coke/Pepsi vendors inside though...

Disneyson 1

^I doubt that the book says "Hogs Head Pub only sold two drinks, one of which is not alcoholc..."

Butterbeer isn't even alcoholic in this land, J.K. wanted everyone to have the chance to drink it. What's a pub without alcohol? Clearly that idea allowed different beers into Hog's Head.

disneysroyal411

^I doubt that the book says "Hogs Head Pub only sold two drinks, one of which is not alcoholc..."

Butterbeer isn't even alcoholic in this land, J.K. wanted everyone to have the chance to drink it. What's a pub without alcohol? Clearly that idea allowed different beers into Hog's Head.

I didn't think that Butter Beer had alcohol in it in the books.

Disneyson 1

^Hm. That's really interesting, I guess it DOES make you feel good, but not in an alcoholic sort of way...? Either way, Butterbeer's sales (and other sales in WWoHP) in the upcoming seasons will rival that of Vynlmation and most likely surpass the sales of the Generic merch found at Disney. Good for Universal.

Captain Chaos

In this Jim Hill article, he notes it was going to be its own exclusive park, which I think was much more risky than putting it in an already established park.

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_h...as-well-as-kuka-s-robotic-arm-technology.aspx

JK wanted you to tap on the walls of a pub, move into Diagon Alley, then take the Hogwarts Express to Hogwarts itself.

I guess I could have seen it as its own theme park... There are enough lands they visit in the books/movies to create a wheel and spoke style park, like Disney normally creates...

Captain Chaos

^Hm. That's really interesting, I guess it DOES make you feel good, but not in an alcoholic sort of way...? Either way, Butterbeer's sales (and other sales in WWoHP) in the upcoming seasons will rival that of Vynlmation and most likely surpass the sales of the Generic merch found at Disney. Good for Universal.

Butterbeer cannot be better than Dole Whips...

Disneyson 1

^I guess, but Dole Whips, Mickey Premiums, and Turkey Legs are, like, the only "exclusive" Disney foodstuffs. At WWoHP you've got Honeydukes that makes more unique and varied stuff than the Main Street Confectionary (Chocolate Couldrons!) and then there's Pumpkin Juice and THEN we get to the merch which is GREAT: the Quibbler (a WIZARD MAGAZINE!), all sorts of pranks at Zonko's, wands, Quiddich gaming materials, and you can even mail a Hogwarts acceptance letter! You've got to admit some of this unique merch is REALLY cool!

Captain Chaos

^I guess, but Dole Whips, Mickey Premiums, and Turkey Legs are, like, the only "exclusive" Disney foodstuffs. At WWoHP you've got Honeydukes that makes more unique and varied stuff than the Main Street Confectionary (Chocolate Couldrons!) and then there's Pumpkin Juice and THEN we get to the merch which is GREAT: the Quibbler (a WIZARD MAGAZINE!), all sorts of pranks at Zonko's, wands, Quiddich gaming materials, and you can even mail a Hogwarts acceptance letter! You've got to admit some of this unique merch is REALLY cool!

And I am glad they made unique merchandise for this area.. generic garbage just wouldn't fit the theme... And in November, I will be having myself a Butterbeer, may have to get a Quibbler, a wand even... Heck, they sell chocolate frogs right??? BTW, is it true you get a AAA discount of merchandise there or was that like a 1 day special?

I love what I am reading so far about the area... and again, can't wait to experience it myself in November..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom