Hard Decision to Make

Cinderella1976

I would really like to get everyone's opinion on what I should do for our upcoming trip (11/29 - 12/7). We are a Grand Gathering of 12 people so we have some Grand Gathering Experiences booked (Illuminations Dinner, Tony's Breakfast, and the Magical Fireworks Voyage). My problem is that on the night we have the Magical Fireworks Voyage, SpectroMagic is at 8:00 PM and we have to meet at the Contemporary at 7:30 PM for the Cruise, so we will miss the parade. Half of the people in my party are going to Disney for the first time (including my 80 yr. old grandmother) and it is my job to do all the planning and scheduling. We do not have Park Hoppers so we can't go to one park then go to the MK to see SpectroMagic at night. That would be the only night to fit it in. My group says they don't really care what I decide to do because they trust that I will make the right decision. My family saw the parade alot of times so it doesn't matter to us, but what about the people who never saw it. So, do you all think I should cancel the Cruise. We will have chance to see Wishes about three times on our trip. This is the only glitch. I just can't decide!

ThinkTink721

I would really like to get everyone's opinion on what I should do for our upcoming trip (11/29 - 12/7). We are a Grand Gathering of 12 people so we have some Grand Gathering Experiences booked (Illuminations Dinner, Tony's Breakfast, and the Magical Fireworks Voyage). My problem is that on the night we have the Magical Fireworks Voyage, SpectroMagic is at 8:00 PM and we have to meet at the Contemporary at 7:30 PM for the Cruise, so we will miss the parade. Half of the people in my party are going to Disney for the first time (including my 80 yr. old grandmother) and it is my job to do all the planning and scheduling. We do not have Park Hoppers so we can't go to one park then go to the MK to see SpectroMagic at night. That would be the only night to fit it in. My group says they don't really care what I decide to do because they trust that I will make the right decision. My family saw the parade alot of times so it doesn't matter to us, but what about the people who never saw it. So, do you all think I should cancel the Cruise. We will have chance to see Wishes about three times on our trip. This is the only glitch. I just can't decide!
We had a similar problem when planning our trip.
We are going in Sept., so the Spectromagic Parade is not held every night.
We also do not have the park hopper.
We decided to go w/ the parade.
My in-laws are going w/ us & they have never seen the parade.
On the other hand, I think a Fireworks Cruise would be nice.
But, you could save that $ to do something else.
:D :wave:

Upvote 0

scubaguy

I know my family would prefer the cruise. We like Spectro, but I really hate camping out to get a good spot in advance (and then having some inconsiderate last minute group try to squeeze in to boot!) To me, the cruise sounds a lot more special than the parade.

Upvote 0

Cinderella1976

Original Poster
Our only other option would be to see Spectro on Sat., December 1st for the 10:00 PM show after our dining reservations at Whispering Canyon @ 6:30 PM but we are going to the AK during the day and we don't have park hoppers unless I convince my group to uprade our tickets.

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

If it were me even though I would love to do the cruise.. if there are first-timers then I think Spectro it is a must.... especially if you can see Wishes at other times.
I agree with other posters that maybe you could use the cost of the cruise towards park-hoppers even if you don't think that you would use it much you never know what might come up, I know that we have went with & without and there have been times that I would have liked to have had the option especially if you are at a park that is closing early like AK.
Maybe make them all take a vote :lol:
Whatever you decide I am sure you will have a great trip!

Upvote 0

Cinderella1976

Original Poster
If it were me even though I would love to do the cruise.. if there are first-timers then I think Spectro it is a must.... especially if you can see Wishes at other times.
I agree with other posters that maybe you could use the cost of the cruise towards park-hoppers even if you don't think that you would use it much you never know what might come up, I know that we have went with & without and there have been times that I would have liked to have had the option especially if you are at a park that is closing early like AK.
Maybe make them all take a vote :lol:
Whatever you decide I am sure you will have a great trip!

I understand what you are saying but if I cancel the cruise, then I won't need to put the money towards adding the park hopper option because we would just see SpectroMagic instead of. We were planning to be at the MK during the day then leave @7:00 PM to go to the Contemporary for the cruise. Personally, I didn't book the cruise to see Wishes, because the best place to watch is from Main Street USA in my opinion. It was really for the character interaction and the fun activities for the kids. I just hope we can figure out a way to do both. I really want the first-timers to see Spectro. Thank you for all of your opinions.

Upvote 0

Cinderella1976

Original Poster
We need at least 8 people to be able to take part in a Grand Gathering Experience. After talking to everyone tonight, we are leaning more towards the cruise.

Upvote 0
Skip the parade. The cruise will be a great family outing. I have always wanted to do one. The parade is nice but the cruise is an experience. Get the park hopper if at all possible. Its worth it. It will be a great time no matter which you decide so dont let it worry you!! Have fun.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom