Hard Decision to Make

Cinderella1976

I would really like to get everyone's opinion on what I should do for our upcoming trip (11/29 - 12/7). We are a Grand Gathering of 12 people so we have some Grand Gathering Experiences booked (Illuminations Dinner, Tony's Breakfast, and the Magical Fireworks Voyage). My problem is that on the night we have the Magical Fireworks Voyage, SpectroMagic is at 8:00 PM and we have to meet at the Contemporary at 7:30 PM for the Cruise, so we will miss the parade. Half of the people in my party are going to Disney for the first time (including my 80 yr. old grandmother) and it is my job to do all the planning and scheduling. We do not have Park Hoppers so we can't go to one park then go to the MK to see SpectroMagic at night. That would be the only night to fit it in. My group says they don't really care what I decide to do because they trust that I will make the right decision. My family saw the parade alot of times so it doesn't matter to us, but what about the people who never saw it. So, do you all think I should cancel the Cruise. We will have chance to see Wishes about three times on our trip. This is the only glitch. I just can't decide!

Jessie&Buzz

If you are going to see Wishes another night I would cancel and watch Spectro Magic. It's an awesome parade and shouldn't be missed especially if it's their first time.

Have fun!

Upvote 0
If your only going to miss out on the parade then i would keep it the way you have it but if you are going to be missing out on other things that you would really enjoy doing then i would cancel the cruise or upgrade to a park hopper option. It sounds like a tough decision though good luck.

Upvote 0

Cinderella1976

Original Poster
If you are going to see Wishes another night I would cancel and watch Spectro Magic. It's an awesome parade and shouldn't be missed especially if it's their first time.

Have fun!

That is what I was leaning towards, but I thought that the young ones in our group would like the Cruise because they get to meet Captin Hook, Smee, Peter Pan, & Tinkerbell. Also the "Pirate" of the ship plays games with the kids and gives out prizes. I asked everyone if they wanted to upgrade to a park hopper, but nobody wants to put out the extra $$ to just to see a "parade". The first timers don't know what they are missing, so to them it is just a parade. I am also taking into consideration that the kids could also see some of those characters in the parks.

Upvote 0

mouselvrmom

The only character that the kids couldn't see in the parks is tinkerbell. The others are very common.

For us spectromagic is unmissable. It is our favorite parade and really is very magical for us.

Upvote 0

Lucky

If you are there from the 29th to the 7th, adding the park hopper option is only about $5 per person per day. It could be useful for other reasons besides giving you a chance to see Spectro - which I think is one of the top 6 or 7 things to do at WDW.

Upvote 0

happymom52003

I think I would cancel the cruise and see Spectromagic, since you will already be seeing wishes on other nights. It just does not feel like a Disney trip to me until I've seen Spectromagic!

Upvote 0

happymom52003

If you are there from the 29th to the 7th, adding the park hopper option is only about $5 per person per day. It could be useful for other reasons besides giving you a chance to see Spectro - which I think is one of the top 6 or 7 things to do at WDW.
I agree....when you look at the total cost of a WDW vacation, adding a parkhopper is not a huge added expense, especially considering the flexibility it gives you. Maybe you could try again to talk them into getting it?

Upvote 0

Cinderella1976

Original Poster

I looked into that option and it turns out to be around $200.00 to upgrade our tickets to a park hopper for a family of 5. Three adult tickets and two children. We also would only be using the park hopper ticket once during our whole trip so it seems like a waste to upgrade. I do agree that SpectroMagic is a must do. I will probably end up not doing the Cruise. It is a shame because the days we will be at the MK is when MVMCP is scheduled and the park closes at 6:00 PM so they aren't having the Spectro Parade.

Upvote 0

JDM

I asked everyone if they wanted to upgrade to a park hopper, but nobody wants to put out the extra $$ to just to see a "parade". The first timers don't know what they are missing, so to them it is just a parade.

I've seen them and they ARE really just parades.

The cruise is a more unique and special experience in my opinion. There will always be parades and fireworks.

Upvote 0

cb3k

Cancel the cruise, use the money you saved there towards Park Hoppers, see SpectroMagic. It makes it so nice to bounce over to Epcot for dinner if you are in the mood, or to spend a whole day at AK and then end it with Watching Fantasmic at MGM. Since you will already be seeing Wishes, I say cancel your maiden voyage.

Upvote 0

Cinderella1976

Original Poster
I agree....when you look at the total cost of a WDW vacation, adding a parkhopper is not a huge added expense, especially considering the flexibility it gives you. Maybe you could try again to talk them into getting it?

I also agree with you. Every year we would always get the park hopper option, but then I realized that we were only using it once during our trip. It seems like one park a day was enough for us. So last year we didn't get it and our trip worked out pefectly. This year is another story because there are 12 people going and I really think they should see Spectro. but that would be the only time we would be able to take advantage of the park hopper option.

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

If it were me I'd stick with the cruise - Spectromagic is just another parade to me, and pretty much no parade (except maybe MSEEP) is worth the bother of having to wait/fight for a decent spot to view it. Now a fireworks voyage? That sounds really special :)

Upvote 0

Cinderella1976

Original Poster
I've seen them and they ARE really just parades.

The cruise is a more unique and special experience in my opinion. There will always be parades and fireworks.

Every time I think I have my mind made up I read a post like this and second guess myself :lol: Decisions, decisions! Well at least I have some time.

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

Your title is correct: It's a hard decision.

Given those two choices I would cancel the cruise.

Here's why-

First timers must see the parade.
They will see the fireworks inside the park anyway.
First timers will not miss the cruise if they don't plan to do it.
The parade and Wishes are hard core parts of the MK that should not be missed if one has never seen them before.

Good luck.
:xmas:

Upvote 0

happymom52003

What are the ages of the other people in your party? Are there kids going who have never been to WDW before? I really think the kids would like Spectromagic more than the cruise...what do you think? It would be fun to meet the characters on the cruise, but those characters (expect tink) are in Advetureland everyday.

Upvote 0

Cinderella1976

Original Poster
I can't schedule the cruise for another night because they only have them on select nights and the other night it was available for we have tickets for the Hoop Dee Do Revue. You all have some really great points. RiversideBunny, you sumed it up perfectly!

Upvote 0

Cinderella1976

Original Poster
What are the ages of the other people in your party? Are there kids going who have never been to WDW before? I really think the kids would like Spectromagic more than the cruise...what do you think? It would be fun to meet the characters on the cruise, but those characters (expect tink) are in Advetureland everyday.

My girls are ages 11, 6, & 4 and my nephew is 10 (it is his first time at Disney). My girls have been there quite a few times and saw Spectro. My oldest wants to see the parade but my little ones adore everything that has to do with Peter Pan. My DH wants to do the Cruise because it is something different and he is not a big fan of the parades. My mother, sister, grandmother (80), mother-in-law, and brother-in-law have never been to Disney. I think they might enjoy Spectro more than the Cruise. As for myself, I think the Cruise would be really fun and nice, but I know that I will be missing the parade and it keeps nagging at me. Honestly, I think no matter what I decide we will all have a great time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom