Harambe Nights at Disney's Animal Kingdom this summer

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Hoop-dee-doo and Poly Luau both cost around $70 per adult and include a meal plus beer and wine. They seem to be about in line with this offering. The $50 up-charge over those shows seems excessive. I think if I was closer to $90 it would be much easier to stomach. Maybe when we get more details there will be other things that make up for the extra cost.

asianway

Too bad it's double what the other dinner shows ON WDW PROPERTY get. And those at least come with unlimited beer and sangria. Oh, and in NYC you have true Broadway actors, not guys whose biggest gig was a Fringe Festival show (no offense to my numerous Equity friends who have appeared at Fringe).

Just keep spinning, just keep spinning...
Think these events will be the excuse to shut down the dinner shows once and for all? I seem to recall a PI manager saying there was no need for PI now that there were so many Halloween & Christmas parties

WDWDad13

Why is Disney becoming an alcohol party spot after normal park hours? Princess and pirate marketing to the kiddies not working enough? *sigh*

If they could get people drunk before having to pay the $119 people might do it but buying those tickets sober, so way jose

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Why is Disney becoming an alcohol party spot after normal park hours? Princess and pirate marketing to the kiddies not working enough? *sigh*

If they could get people drunk before having to pay the $119 people might do it but buying those tickets sober, so way jose
It's not becoming that, it's returning to it...or at least trying to.

BigTxEars

Well @WDW1974 was right when he said to not be surprised if more events like the EPCOT after hours event start appearing. All of these "premium" events are here to make up the money spent on MM+.

Honestly how many things have been around well before MM to drive more revenue for WDW?

VIP Tour Services AK

Wild African Trek

Wild By Design

Backstage Safari

Backstage Magic

Behind The Seeds

Disney Dolphins In Depth

Epcot Divequest

Epcot Seas Aqua Tour

UnDISCOVERED Future World

VIP Tour Services Epcot

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

Disney Family Magic Tour

Keys To The Kingdom

Magic Behind Our Steam Train

Exocic Driving

NSSHP

MVMCP

Pirate Leauge

VIP Tour MK

Marceline To Magic Kingdom

And who know how many others much less the ones not offered anymore. How are these new event any different? Why the sudden linking to MM when event like this have been around for years and years?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Honestly how many things have been around well before MM to drive more revenue for WDW?

VIP Tour Services AK

Wild African Trek

Wild By Design

Backstage Safari

Backstage Magic

Behind The Seeds

Disney Dolphins In Depth

Epcot Divequest

Epcot Seas Aqua Tour

UnDISCOVERED Future World

VIP Tour Services Epcot

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

Disney Family Magic Tour

Keys To The Kingdom

Magic Behind Our Steam Train

Exocic Driving

NSSHP

MVMCP

Pirate Leauge

VIP Tour MK

Marceline To Magic Kingdom

And who know how many others much less the ones not offered anymore. How are these new event any different? Why the sudden linking to MM when event like this have been around for years and years?
This is true...and like most of those things this won't impact regular park guests. For people who choose to do this it's after hours and in addition to regular park offerings instead of replacing regular hours. I have no issue with Disney adding additional up-charge events like this.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I think it speaks to how desperate we all are for something new at WDW that we are discussing this little event with such fervor.

Is this a rip off? Maybe?

I mean, how can we know, the details are so scarce, it's impossible to even know what you are getting for your $$$.

Kman101

It's been said flat out, I believe by wdw1974, to expect more hard ticket events (in an effort to help recoup SOME of the cost of MM+.) It's not something just being made up. Whether it's entirely true or not, we don't know of course. It could have been his speculation. But it very well could be true so you can't say it's not, either. Just wanted to point that out in the effort of trying to be fair to everyone.

I'm not trying to argue that this is what that is, but it's likely why a lot of us are saying that. It's not just being said to be negative or to be sarcastic. Or to whine ;)

And again, I personally don't see anyone telling others to not go and enjoy this and not to spend the money. It works both ways in terms of respecting an opinion, whether you agree with it or not. I do agree some posts are negative for the sake of being being negative, but that's not always the case either :)

We really really really need attractions to discuss and not booze parties ;)

Can't we all just get along, lol

doctornick

Hoop-dee-doo and Poly Luau both cost around $70 per adult and include a meal plus beer and wine. They seem to be about in line with this offering. The $50 up-charge over those shows seems excessive. I think if I was closer to $90 it would be much easier to stomach. Maybe when we get more details there will be other things that make up for the extra cost.

Agreed. At $60-80, I could see it being reasonable. But this seems excessive even if all the food and drink is included (which is not clear if that is the case). It better be one heck of a show.

Anyway, count me as one who doesn't think this (or the Epcot after hours thing) has anything to do with MM+ costs. Disney is always looking for new ways to separate you from your money and this is perfectly in line with stuff they've previously done like the Halloween/Christmas parties or the VIP tours.

note2001

Well, I'm not complaining, pretty glad they're bringing something back to AK for evenings. (Missing those nighttime EMHs.) We will not be participating in this though, the price is more than one way of our RT airfare. Folks who go: Enjoy! ... and please, write up reviews! (with pics :D )

Re thought on pricing: It may be higher, not due to the experience itself, but rather the extra personell needed to keep the park suitably open for guests. At this point we don't know if it's just dinner & a show or if they'll have a ride or two open. I want to believe that there will be at least one ride running.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom