News Happily Ever After fireworks show returning to Magic Kingdom in 2023

jrhwdw

Well according to insiders, HEA was suppose to be the Epcot Forever for the MK. A new permanent show was suppose to replace it a couple years later or something but that got put on the back burner after the response to HEA. Then when push came to shove we got DE for the 50th.

It's kinda funny that both HEA and EF, meant as temporary shows for their respective parts that reused music from the past are both coming back in a couple months simultaneously.
I was asking who thought HKDL's 10th Theme Song would fit into MK?

rljackson

So excited about this! This is my all time favorite fireworks show. I just wish it was back when we are there this February. way to go Disney!

wtyy21

Well according to insiders, HEA was suppose to be the Epcot Forever for the MK. A new permanent show was suppose to replace it a couple years later or something but that got put on the back burner after the response to HEA. Then when push came to shove we got DE for the 50th.

It's kinda funny that both HEA and EF, meant as temporary shows for their respective parts that reused music from the past are both coming back in a couple months simultaneously.
I believe that there were mixed-to-negative responses to both nighttime spectaculars that debuted on WDW's 50th, and on lesser extent, the entire entertainment offerings of 50th.

At the Magic Kingdom, the original DE was received heavy negative criticism of it, most of that criticism simply because the show didn't celebrate the history of WDW, lack of Disney classics, or the founder that started it all, Walt and Roy Disney. The updated version have improved the reception, although it didn't enough to appease the guest due to fact that it showed more than 10 months late after its 50th and two months into 51st anniversary.

At EPCOT, i suspected that Harmonious received many of negative criticism, although not similar height as the original DE, due to nature that the nighttime spectacular featuring Disney IP didn't fit well into EPCOT, which actually celebrate the history of the world's heritage. That's why many EPCOT purists hate the show and want a nighttime show like Illuminations ROE back or a new show similar to ROE. Additionally, fireworks barge at World Showcase Lagoon distracted the aesthetic view of the Lagoon.

It will be interested to see how the entertainment offerings for Disney100 at Disneyland such as new fireworks, WOC: One, and a returning daytime parade? Whether the offerings be better, similar to the WDW 50th, or worse? Time will tell. And if Disney want its entertainment offerings of Disney100 succeed to attract a positive response from visitors and fans alike, they must ensure they learn from mistake what they received during WDW 50th and the mistake cannot be repeated twice.

Last edited:

Disone

I was asking who thought HKDL's 10th Theme Song would fit into MK?
Unknown to myself but it certainly would not be the first time Disney reused a song originally from another park. Tokyo Disneyland " it's magical " was recomposed for Epcot's splashtacular and also Disneyland's firework show also called Magical.

While Happily ever after was originally used at Hong Kong Disneyland, the version used for Magic kingdoms fireworks show is a vastly superior version, masterfully Recomposed to hit that emotion that when done right only Disney can do.

But sorry, I honestly don't know who decided to recompose it and use it for Magic kingdom's firework show.

jrhwdw

They wont be using the DE launch sites. Expect pyro to be the same as before, plus-minus some bits and pieces here and there due to usual supply issues.
Why?? That's a little Disappointing. It would give the chance for HEA to add more pyro and make an even better finale!

So, we lost MK's Trademark 180/360 just for one show that isn't continuing??? And the new hardware won't be used in the Future???

wtyy21

They wont be using the DE launch sites. Expect pyro to be the same as before, plus-minus some bits and pieces here and there due to usual supply issues.
Little disappointing. But yes, regular firework shows (non-anniversary and non-party nights) didn't need a multiple launch sites, just single firework launch site still make the show more wonderful. Operational issues regarding multiple launch site can be the additional factor.

I also remember why we no longer seen a show that used multiple pyro launch sites at Disneyland nowadays.

jrhwdw

Little disappointing. But yes, regular firework shows (non-anniversary and non-party nights) didn't need a multiple launch sites, just single firework launch site still make the show more wonderful. Operational issues regarding multiple launch site can be the additional factor.

I also remember why we no longer seen a show that used multiple pyro launch sites at Disneyland nowadays.
Little surprised that RDCT's Setup hasn't continued. Did DL have a lot of problems?

Disone

Kiss goodnight contained phrase Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. So, unless the new announcer reworked Kiss Goodnight with more inclusive greeting, this is unlikely to return.
It too, just like HEA was, can have that part recorded again with "Dreamers of all ages".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom