News Happily Ever After fireworks show returning to Magic Kingdom in 2023

jrhwdw

Yeah...Magic Kingdom is going to be kind of a mess now though!
We will be there the week people think Tron is opening. Wondering if it will be packed between HEA and that.

Well, at least we have Epcot Forever to console ourselves with. 😁
Our Insiders were right! MK wanted HEA at TRON's Opening! IDK if MK thinks HEA will make TRON look good? I don't think DE would hurt TRON if TRON beat HEA....

gerarar

Premium Member
Wait - do we know if they’ll continue using the added launch areas from DE?

I feel like that would look weird for HE?
Unless they plan on adding more pyro throughout the show, I don't really see it happening. They already have everything programmed with the main single launcher.

However, I would love to be surprised and see more pyro back added to show, reaching the levels of fall 2018 and spring 2019 when it was at its peak before the cuts.
But more importanly, restore the pyro cuts that the show saw early 2020 and post 2021 return.

Squishy

Unless they plan on adding more pyro throughout the show, I don't really see it happening. They already have everything programmed with the main single launcher.

However, I would love to be surprised and see more pyro back added to show, reaching the levels of fall 2018 and spring 2019 when it was at its peak before the cuts.
But more importanly, restore the pyro cuts that the show saw early 2020 and post 2021 return.
The show likely had pyro sequence changes similar to Minnie's wonderful Christmastime when it returned. Both shows did full test runs before returning in 2021 so if it's the case they likely wont revert to the old sequence list & just use the recent one on file.

gerarar

Premium Member
The show likely had pyro sequence changes similar to Minnie's wonderful Christmastime when it returned. Both shows did full test runs before returning in 2021 so if it's the case they likely wont revert to the old sequence list & just use the recent one on file.
But that 2021 version didn't use the 2 extra launch sites iirc. I did look at some videos from 2021 and it looked like all the shells came from the main launch site. Hopefully a test is scheduled soon so we know for sure lol

MWCTF did use the 2 new ones in the 2021 and 2022 version.

Squishy

But that 2021 version didn't use the 2 extra launch sites iirc. I did look at some videos from 2021 and it looked like all the shells came from the main one. Hopefully a test is scheduled soon so we know for sure lol

MWCTF did use the 2 new ones in the 2021 and 2022 version.
I was talking about the pyro cuts, if they do add in the DE launch sites they likely would be working off of the 2021 HEA pyro list.

CaptainAmerica

The Magic is Calling is inferior to "Remember the Magic".
agreed-pirates.gif

jrhwdw

I was talking about the pyro cuts, if they do add in the DE launch sites they likely would be working off of the 2021 HEA pyro list.
Would be nice if at least the finale got the DE Launch sites! Wasn't that the original plan before May 2017??

Disney Analyst

I'd be more worried about them "spreading" out the existing pyro, making it look sparse... kind of like the horrid DE finale.

TTA94

It will be great to have HEA back, but can’t say it’s anything to be overly excited about. Something new entertainment wise for MK would’ve been nice for WDWs involvement in the companies 100th.

Disone

I like the show. I loathe the song. "Happily Ever After," the song, is far inferior to both "You Are the Magic" and "The Magic is Calling."
Oh disagree here. While I do like both "You are the Magic" and "The Magic is Calling"......
The Happily Ever After song is a crowd pleaser like no other for a WDW firework show. Perhaps only rivaled by Mickey appearing at the end of Fantasmic. They both generate incredible guest energy, exactly what you want.
^this! Happily ever after the song may not have been written for Magic Kingdom Park, but the version that plays here was custom made for the park. It is lightning in a bottle. The chances of repeating the success of that show immediately are slim to none and clearly Disney enchantment did not do that.
I've never seen such a positive crowd reaction to a debut than Happily Ever After:

HEA tink reveal is the best tink reveal I have ever seen in a castle park night time spectacular. I was so glad to be there opening night.
Reach out and find your...
Happily Ever After.

I cannot wait to hear those words by Tom Kane echo throughout Main Street
I"m not crying you're crying!

jrhwdw

The expectations I have heard around pyro is that it will be somewhere in between 2017 and 2019 and yes, modified a bit to utilize the sites added during the pandemic closures.
HEA's Finale better use every site!!! LOL!!!!
Oh disagree here. While I do like both "You are the Magic" and "The Magic is Calling"......

^this! Happily ever after the song may not have been written for Magic Kingdom Park, but the version that plays here was custom made for the park. It is lightning in a bottle. The chances of repeating the success of that show immediately are slim to none and clearly Disney enchantment did not do that.

HEA tink reveal is the best tink reveal I have ever seen in a castle park night time spectacular. I was so glad to be there opening night.

I"m not crying you're crying!
Wonder who chose HEA for MK? HKDL just used it for their 10th and New Stage Show. Not a major Parade or Nighttime Spectacular.

Before HEA, the best Tink was DL's RDCT! Not sure who won in 2017... ....

gerarar

Premium Member
Wonder who chose HEA for MK? HKDL just used it for their 10th and New Stage Show. Not a major Parade or Nighttime Spectacular.
Well according to insiders, HEA was suppose to be the Epcot Forever for the MK. A new permanent show was suppose to replace it a couple years later or something but that got put on the back burner after the response to HEA. Then when push came to shove we got DE for the 50th.

It's kinda funny that both HEA and EF, meant as temporary shows for their respective parts that reused music from the past are both coming back in a couple months simultaneously.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom