News Happily Ever After fireworks show returning to Magic Kingdom in 2023

dreamfinder912

Elena of Avalor's going to be on the stained glass scene(and pretty much a long-term character in the park due to diversity, despite her series ending), so you might as well add Luz Noceda to the show since she's also from a Disney TV Animation produced series like Elena(just kidding šŸ˜œ, considering the lack of in park presence for the non-DJR DTVA shows have, that won't actually happen)

PS: at least my dreams of having Rapunzel finally joining the finale scene have came true
I would shriek with joy if anything Owl House showed up at the parks šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

That said we watched from one of the firework cruise boats tonight and it was beautiful. Like coming home.
PXL_20230404_011623013.jpg

SoFloMagic

I can imagine two scenarios:

CMs shut hub access down earlier than usual

Or

People were like ā€œitā€™s gonna be insaneā€ and stayed away and tomorrow and Wednesday will be the bonkers day. AKA Galaxyā€™s Edge syndrome.
They were allowing access into the hub til it filled. It was filled up to the start of main Street (at the hub) by about 8:45. But overall, not as many people camping spots as I expected. Felt like less people than the "final" show, but I don't remember for sure.

wtyy21

I notice anyone during villains segments, the transition from Ursula's laugh to The Lion King returns to pre-March 14 fireworks. Initial testing have different movement of fireworks. Yellow line indicates initial low level fireworks.
Magic Kingdom Happily Ever After Fireworks 2023 FULL SHOW in 4K _ Walt Disney World April 2023...png

Cast member preview
Happily Ever After Fireworks Return Performance 2023 - Magic Kingdom 13-48 screenshot.png

However, i also noticed that during transition from Maleficent's laughter to PoTC segment, there's a new sfx sound effect at Central Plaza area, that never seen during its initial premiere (from 13:52 to 13:54).

gerarar

Premium Member
I notice anyone during villains segments, the transition from Ursula's laugh to The Lion King returns to pre-March 14 fireworks. Initial testing have different movement of fireworks. Yellow line indicates initial low level fireworks.
View attachment 708486

Cast member preview
View attachment 708487

I also noticed that during transition from Maleficent's laughter to PoTC segment, there's a sfx effect, that never seen during its initial premiere (from 13:52 to 13:54).

I saw that too. Guess they're not using the 2 DE side-launchers going forward?

Also during Pirates, a lot of the exploding comets were subbed with low-level flashes compared to the CM preview. Could be a supply thing.

And I'm pretty sure that's part of the new additional ambient noises heard throughout Main Street (and extends to Hub). You could also hear waves crashing during Ursula, additional fire crackling during Mufasa, etc.

TheMaxRebo

I can imagine two scenarios:

CMs shut hub access down earlier than usual

Or

People were like ā€œitā€™s gonna be insaneā€ and stayed away and tomorrow and Wednesday will be the bonkers day. AKA Galaxyā€™s Edge syndrome.

Wonder how Tron's opening impacts things - were people waiting a day and figure get both done in one day or will people avoid today too think the Tron opening will be bonkers as well?

Or option 3, everyone preferred to see the return of Epcot Forever ;)

SoFloMagic

Wonder how Tron's opening impacts things - were people waiting a day and figure get both done in one day or will people avoid today too think the Tron opening will be bonkers as well?

Or option 3, everyone preferred to see the return of Epcot Forever ;)
Can't imagine trons "opening" will be that wild after all the previews and it being open the last 10 days as well.

I'd imagine HEA will see strong crowds for several months though. Maybe through summer even.

Royal Purple Pigment

HEA is awesome! I live within five miles of the launch area. I watched the first night in person and was at home during the past two nights. It does vary based on weather conditions but HEA is definitely a lot louder at my house as compared to Enchantment. I could hear Enchantment from within my house on most nights if I paid attention. HEA is much more pronounced and there is no missing it. I wish I would have taken decibel readings of both shows. I am not sure why I am sharing this but it is interesting to me. Welcome back HEA!

HEA.jpg

gerarar

Premium Member
HEA is back to using the 2 additional (Disney Enchantment) launch sites. They were used during the cast member preview a month ago, but at its return on April 3rd, they weren't being used anymore.

However, tonight they're using all 3 launch sites again, so hopefully it stays that way.
Tonight, April 11:
Screenshot_20230411_224316_YouTube.jpg

First public (return) show, April 3:
Screenshot_20230411_224915_YouTube.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom