News Happily Ever After fireworks show returning to Magic Kingdom in 2023

OSUPhantom

So am I correct in gathering HEA will be returning exactly as it was before? I’m surprised they didn’t make any changes. I’m ok with it but surprised.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
The pyro looks like it’s the 2021 version with slight differences, for example they added back a lot of fantasyland rooftop and castle pyro, but aside from that it looks like 2021 pyro.

Disney Glimpses

The pyro looks like it’s the 2021 version with slight differences, for example they added back a lot of fantasyland rooftop and castle pyro, but aside from that it looks like 2021 pyro.
Hm, from my perspective, most of the shell types from 2019 have returned. Also, consider that 2021 pyro was likely due to Enchantment orders. I think over time we will see those shells get swapped back out.

But they increased the pyro in the finale back to 2019 (4 on each side vs 3 in 2021, for example)

Disney Glimpses

Looks like since the launch angle of these changed for HEA, they have been cut from DE. Unclear if they will restore them through end of show after HEA previews this week.
1678559925403.png

Last edited:

TTA94

Any guesses how long HEA will last? I feel like it’s return isn’t meant to be long term but more to keep the fans until they come up with, what they hope, will be a worthy replacement.

I personally wish they would focus on bringing back a night parade to go along with HEA rather than a HEA replacement.

ToTBellHop

Any guesses how long HEA will last? I feel like it’s return isn’t meant to be long term but more to keep the fans until they come up with, what they hope, will be a worthy replacement.

I personally wish they would focus on bringing back a night parade to go along with HEA rather than a HEA replacement.
It was explained to me as a long-term, open-ended run.

jrhwdw

After Epcot is on back on track(hopefully with whatever comes After EF) TDO should focus on MK Parades, getting more high pyro into DHS and of course AK. It's too bad that AK couldn't hold onto ROL. It seemed to work for AK, and I don't think it got the blowback Harm did....

Disney Glimpses

I guess that’s better than radical changes. I’d be open to some changes, like changing Trashing the Camp to Un Poco Loco or Love is Open Door to original singers but I’ll pick my battles.
My guess is at this point, the idea of changes to the show was quickly squashed. This is a company that just spent millions upon millions developing 2 brand new shows that were slated to run for up to a decade and are now faced with having to not only replace both of them but replace them with old shows. While EPCOT Forever will run temporarily, I think they have learned their lesson with the Magic Kingdom in that these guests really, really, really care about these shows and you can't just put something new in front of them and expect them to love it. Which is is why I think they decided against any changes; don't fix what isn't broken. Guests have been asking for Happily Ever After and they will receive Happily Ever After.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom