News Happily Ever After fireworks show returning to Magic Kingdom in 2023

jrhwdw

My guess is at this point, the idea of changes to the show was quickly squashed. This is a company that just spent millions upon millions developing 2 brand new shows that were slated to run for up to a decade and are now faced with having to not only replace both of them but replace them with old shows. While EPCOT Forever will run temporarily, I think they have learned their lesson with the Magic Kingdom in that these guests really, really, really care about these shows and you can't just put something new in front of them and expect them to love it. Which is is why I think they decided against any changes; don't fix what isn't broken. Guests have been asking for Happily Ever After and they will receive Happily Ever After.
Do you think Epcot learned the same lesson?

I'm guessing Guest Scores on MS Projections from DE were high enough to include them in HEA?

Has anyone heard if MK is going back to the old Prim. Spots? That was more of a Problem than DE was......

Now we're back to the Question......Can HEA be Topped???? Spectro and Fanti were able to do it to MSEP.....

Disney Glimpses

Do you think Epcot learned the same lesson?
Yes, but that's a more complicated story. Harmonious' scores were no where near as poor as Enchantments. The hideous infrastructure complicated that formula a bit. I don't expect them to run EPCOT Forever for very long which is why I wouldn't be surprised to see IllumiNations 2.0 (maybe I am just wishcasting :)).

I'm guessing Guest Scores on MS Projections from DE were high enough to include them in HEA?
One of the biggest complaints of HEA was how it couldn't really be experienced outside the hub. The MS projections solve that to a degree. Also, I think now that they already included Main Street projections in Enchantment, it's almost a baseline requirement now.

Can HEA be Topped
I think so. But a rushed timeline that is driven by DTC initiatives and not by creativity and emotion will not yield that result (Enchantment).

Starship824

In the Parks
No
One of the biggest complaints of HEA was how it couldn't really be experienced outside the hub. The MS projections solve that to a degree. Also, I think now that they already included Main Street projections in Enchantment, it's almost a baseline requirement now.
Do you think they’ll add MS projections to the Halloween and Christmas shows then?

Disney Glimpses

I meant is Main Street allowed tonight?
They don't really have much of a choice. It would be impossible to enforce.

Unless they have a strict policy that they will punish violators for, then maybe no one will stream from within the Magic Kingdom at all. I know many people in attendance and none plan on streaming. I guess we'll see.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
They don't really have much of a choice. It would be impossible to enforce.

Unless they have a strict policy that they will punish violators for, then maybe no one will stream from within the Magic Kingdom at all. I know many people in attendance and none plan on streaming. I guess we'll see.
I don’t see why streaming wouldn’t be allowed since it’s a media event as well

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I haven't heard that it isn't. I imagine something will be up there. There's really no way around this. To be honest, I don't know why they wouldn't do a Disney Parks Live for this and kick off the HEA 2.0 hype in style.
Yeah it’s weird that they haven’t been doing any official live streams for these. They didn’t do one for Fantasmic, Wondrous Journeys, World Of Color One either. I remember they always used to do an official live stream for most shows.

Disney Glimpses

Sorry, I never know what Press Events are open to YT and which ones are Top Secret.....
FWIW, I can't remember any event that took place in the hub and viewed by a very large group that wasn't streamed/recorded + uploaded in some way. So I think worst case, we'll get an upload after the fact or tomorrow 🤞

Starship824

In the Parks
No
FWIW, I can't remember any event that took place in the hub and viewed by a very large group that wasn't streamed/recorded + uploaded in some way. So I think worst case, we'll get an upload after the fact or tomorrow 🤞
The site that shall not be named already stated that they will be doing a video from the hub and Main Street

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom