News Happily Ever After fireworks show returning to Magic Kingdom in 2023

Comped

Wait, what?
Was a serious issue with MSEP and Spectro. Folks would steam from the shops down Main Street during the show stops or as the parade was going by, so I was told. The issue was compounded due to low staffing levels at many shops, and the large amount of people who'd shoplift at once limiting enforcement ability.

jrhwdw

Was a serious issue with MSEP and Spectro. Folks would steam from the shops down Main Street during the show stops or as the parade was going by, so I was told. The issue was compounded due to low staffing levels at many shops, and the large amount of people who'd shoplift at once limiting enforcement ability.
Uh no Show Stops in MSEP or Spectro...why are we just finding out about this now??? Also if this is true, why did DL run MSEP 3 times since it left MK?????

Steve, has this been talked about on here before??

TTA94

I’m sure, at some point, we will get whichever one DL doesn’t want as a marketing campaign. They don’t have anything big under construction and will still need things to premiere. And this would be cheap but impactful once they have staff.

Well HEA isn’t being marketed, assuming they will market anything or participate, in the companies 100th, so a nighttime parade return could be a option for MK. If WDW is going to participate at all in the celebration, unknown yet and no they don’t Have to, it would be very odd and unusual for MK to not have some type of entertainment offering. Granted there several things they could do, and cheaper, than a parade.
But as we all know a borrowed parade has been rumored for a long time and has yet to come to fruition. Could there have been plans that got delayed rather than permanently canceled due to WDW staffing and they’ve been waiting for things to improve?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Neither of those parades had show stops…

Disney Glimpses

I find it interesting they are now openly saying the show is returning and noting Main Street projections as the only change. My guess is that the castle projections are updated to introduce some characters they want to surface and the score doesn't change at all.
1674682557927.png

Last edited:

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I find it interesting they are now openly saying the show is returning and only nothing Main Street projections as the only change. My guess is that the castle projections are updated to introduce some characters they want to surface and the score doesn't change at all.
I hope so. It has one of the best soundtracks out of all the shows they've done.

ToTBellHop

I find it interesting they are now openly saying the show is returning and noting Main Street projections as the only change. My guess is that the castle projections are updated to introduce some characters they want to surface and the score doesn't change at all.
View attachment 694847
I don’t even know that the Castle projections are appreciably updated. I will be curious to see how quickly they can get the 50th embellishments in a dumpster.

Disney Glimpses

I don’t even know that the Castle projections are appreciably updated. I will be curious to see how quickly they can get the 50th embellishments in a dumpster.
My hope is that when the decorations quickly come down, the castle is such a mess they have no choice but to completely repaint it. Unfortunately, the pink section doesn't have any reason to be painted. I really hope they make the right decision and just get that switched back as well.

James Alucobond

My hope is that when the decorations quickly come down, the castle is such a mess they have no choice but to completely repaint it. Unfortunately, the pink section doesn't have any reason to be painted. I really hope they make the right decision and just get that switched back as well.
Logistically speaking, is the keep even all that difficult to repaint? I would imagine the variegated stone walls are the time-consuming part of a fresh paint job, but those could easily be left alone aside from patchwork around the bunting anchors even if they’re more contrasty than before.

Disney Glimpses

Logistically speaking, is the keep even all that difficult to repaint? I would imagine the variegated stone walls are the time-consuming part of a fresh paint job, but those could easily be left alone aside from patchwork around the bunting anchors even if they’re more contrasty than before.
Basically everywhere there are decorations, there will be serious sun burn visible surrounding them. The spire ribbons not that much because they are extended but the blue steel supports that hold the ribbons, definitely. I think it's safe to say that the spires and rock work will need to be painted.

Touch ups aren't really an option because they would have to select a color that is lighter than the original to match the sun faded areas and then over time those touch ups will fade differently and become visible again.

ToTBellHop

Basically everywhere there are decorations, there will be serious sun burn visible surrounding them. The spire ribbons not that much because they are extended but the blue steel supports that hold the ribbons, definitely. I think it's safe to say that the spires and rock work will need to be painted.

Touch ups aren't really an option because they would have to select a color that is lighter than the original to match the sun faded areas and then over time those touch ups will fade differently and become visible again.
They can just leave everything up, convert the 50 to a 75, and cover it with a tarp for 23 1/2 years.

aladdin2007

I agree and hope as well,,,the only thing making me feel that's a big not gonna happen is the other castles (cali, paris etc) are the same color group, which they wanted all matching...except that was a chapek thing I think?,,,,,so maybe anything is possible now.

wtyy21

View attachment 694847
I guess that they'll return to single firework launch site for the regular show with HEA instead of utilizing Enchantment pyro site equipment (Left-center-right side) for older shows like this that we earlier expected. I believe, they're operational and supply issues if they running HEA with Enchantment pyro site.

Disney Glimpses

I agree and hope as well,,,the only thing making me feel that's a big not gonna happen is the other castles (cali, paris etc) are the same color group, which they wanted all matching...except that was a chapek thing I think?,,,,,so maybe anything is possible now.
If what we have heard is true (that execs and leadership at WDW don't like it at all), hopefully they will push to get this done. Especially since there is already work that would need to be done. But I can see them painting only what is absolutely necessary and then revisiting the entire castle in 3-5 years.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom