Happiest Passholders On Earth

Rcoaster809

Original Poster
I searched and did not see this posted before, so here is some interesting info I found on the passholder website:

We're looking for the 50 Happiest Passholders On Earth - are you one of them? If you are, you and a friend will be our Guests at the exclusive, invitation-only press event to kick off the Happiest Celebration On Earth taking place May 4, 2005 at Disney-MGM Studios!.

Your Happiest Celebration On Earth invitation includes:
Access to the grand opening ceremony for Lights! Motors! Action!™ Extreme Stunt Show
Dinner and drinks
Live entertainment
Special keepsake credentials

Tell us why you think you are one of the 50 Happiest Passholders On Earth (in 400 words or less) and complete the official entry form, and send it in before March 21, 2005*. Entries will be judged for originality, creativity and relevance to theme.

The winners will be contacted by mail on or about April 4, 2005.

Hurry! Entries must be received by March 21.
*Entrants must be active Walt Disney World Resort Passholders residing within the 50 United States. You must be 21 years or older to enter. See official rules for details.

Unfortunately, that is right in the middle of my finals week, and I am not yet 21. Hopefully someone from the boards will be selected! Good Luck!

scorp111

Time to warm up the keyboard!
I actually plan on being down there at that time anyway... it would be great to experience the VIP treatment....

ISTCrew20

The "over 21" rule is kind of stupid. Of course, I'm just bitter because I'm not 21. If you are going to have a passholder contest, shouldn't it be open to all passholders?

crazygirley

I guess they probably don't pay for your hotel or airfare... but then, why on earth would I think they would? I'll still put my writing skills to use and get creative.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
ISTCrew20 said:
The "over 21" rule is kind of stupid. Of course, I'm just bitter because I'm not 21. If you are going to have a passholder contest, shouldn't it be open to all passholders?
Morally…I would agree. Every passholder should be eligible. Legally that’s another matter. Every state has it’s own rules and regulations about how old you must be to enter certain contests so I’m sure the legal department is trying to save themselves some bizarre law suit.

Kevin

ISTCrew20 said:

I assume it's because the VIP event has an open bar included in the event.

Kevin

crazygirley said:
I guess they probably don't pay for your hotel or airfare... but then, why on earth would I think they would? I'll still put my writing skills to use and get creative.

It says in the fine print that round trip transportation is not included. I was thinking the same thing. Would be great to also get a free trip out of it.

Yah know wha what would make me the happiest passholder on earth? How about for the hundreds of dollars that we spend on the AP's, that Disney could at least make them a hard plastic card like every other theme park on the planet.. So us valueable passholders dont have to constantly go in to guest services and replace them little cheap pieces of paper that can get demagnetized if the wind blows wrong.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
UltimtMickeyFan said:
Yah know wha what would make me the happiest passholder on earth? How about for the hundreds of dollars that we spend on the AP's, that Disney could at least make them a hard plastic card like every other theme park on the planet.. So us valueable passholders dont have to constantly go in to guest services and replace them little cheap pieces of paper that can get demagnetized if the wind blows wrong.

You have a very good point, but something tells me that that probably wouldn't bump you up to the top of the selection process. I would also leave out the part about being happy that Eisner will be gone before year end... :lookaroun :lol:

DisneyPhD

Hey, where is the actual web site? I am going to be there that date and have an AP, so why not try. I have to do it TODAY though. Good thing I am a SAHM now!

xtimMOOthyx

ISTCrew20 said:

I completely agree with you ISTC. Especially since I wrote my essay BEFORE I noticed the over 21 rule.

AEfx

UltimtMickeyFan said:

Hehe so true. There was (several) rather heated threads about this, but no matter what the justification, yes - we deserve the option of nice passes.

I work in a medium sized company who uses badges with embeded radio transmitters (for opening doors, etc.). They cost $10 each.

Disney obviously doesn't need radio transmitters, so one would presume they would be exponentially cheaper.

Give us the first one for free, and charge us $5 to replace if lost OR give us the option to just have a temporary paper one so you don't have to pay the $5 if you do not wish.

When passes cost half a grand, I don't think it's too much to ask.

AEfx

Rcoaster809

Original Poster
AEfx said:
Hehe so true. There was (several) rather heated threads about this, but no matter what the justification, yes - we deserve the option of nice passes.

I work in a medium sized company who uses badges with embeded radio transmitters (for opening doors, etc.). They cost $10 each.

Disney obviously doesn't need radio transmitters, so one would presume they would be exponentially cheaper.

Give us the first one for free, and charge us $5 to replace if lost OR give us the option to just have a temporary paper one so you don't have to pay the $5 if you do not wish.

When passes cost half a grand, I don't think it's too much to ask.

AEfx

I would really like my AP to be something nice and durable, but the plus side is that we can get replacements free of charge. If it was made out of plastic there would probably be at least a $5 replacement fee.

disneydata

UltimtMickeyFan said:
If you would take care of your pass like you're supposed to, then you wouldn't have to do that, now would you? My fiancee had her AP for the whole year and never had to get it replaced.

If you want a hard plastic card, then you can pay for the hard ticket printers to get installed at each guest relations location (6 alone at the 4 theme parks) which each cost well over $1000 and the cost of all the hard ticket media. Oh, and the price of your AP would go up substantially and the wait time to get it reprinted. A regular ticket takes about 8 seconds to encode and print as the hard cards take about 1-3 minutes. That's how long I have to sit when I get my new Disney ID printed.

The paper media is so much cheaper and easier to reprint. They alomst can't be torn (made of tyvek) and actually is hard to demagnitize. Most often the stripe is bent from improper storage and can't be read.

I'm sorry if this upsets you, but I have talked to many passholders who love their paper tickets. If you want to complain, this is not where you should. wdw.guest.communications@disney.com is where you should send your complaint, it's falling on deaf ears here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom