Hand 'n' Hat

stitch131313

Original Poster
I heard that the Mickey Hand is coming down in 2008. Does anybody know if the Hat at MGM is coming down at some point.

dae_woods

I can't really say for sure but all i know is the sooner the better. I miss the days when i could walk down hollywood blvd and take a picture of the Chinese theater. That hat might be a cool thing but it is in the wrong place. I just wish they could move it somewhere else. Sorry i couldn't answer your question.:veryconfu

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
sorry to burst your bubbles... but the hat is permanent... it's the new icon for the park

the_rich

i like the hat, i think it looks cool. i also like te hand(i know most of you hate it), i don't see the problem with it.

stitch131313

Original Poster
Originally posted by dae_woods
I can't really say for sure but all i know is the sooner the better. I miss the days when i could walk down hollywood blvd and take a picture of the Chinese theater. That hat might be a cool thing but it is in the wrong place. I just wish they could move it somewhere else. question.:veryconfu

Thats what I thought. If they put it somewhere else I would be happy.

kurros

I think we are doomed to live with now, just like the awful hand and wand on Spaceship Earth :(,

We managed to ruin Cinderella castle for a short period with the cake, I wonder what the imagineers have in store for ruining the Tree of Life.

stitch131313

Original Poster
Originally posted by mkt
sorry to burst your bubbles... but the hat is permanent... it's the new icon for the park

Darn:mad: I was looking forward to that thing coming down. Out of all the things I want to walk down Hollywood Blvd. to it is'n a hat.

stitch131313

Original Poster
Originally posted by the_rich
i like the hat, i think it looks cool. i also like te hand(i know most of you hate it), i don't see the problem with it.

I didn't have a problem with it during the millennium celebration. But know it's just plain tacky.

Sherm00

The hat should be at the front gate and you would have to walk under it to get into the park. I think it's cool, but your all right it's in the wrong spot.

jrriddle

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Funny...that was one of my thoughts too :lol:

1. TP it
2. Carve "Mickey heart Minnie" in it
3. Christmas Lights

Let the animals and guests take turns "marking their territory".

polyman 65

New ride at EPCOT,turn Spaceship earth into a large Mickey head and have the ride inside be of Mickeys brain:lol: well it would match the hand.Anyway I dont mind the hand but the hat at the studios is in the wrong place,not sure where it belongs.Maybe on top of Spaceship earth:lol: Maybe it would make a cool gas station on property Fantasia gas:lol:

Tramp

Originally posted by stitch131313
I heard that the Mickey Hand is coming down in 2008. Does anybody know if the Hat at MGM is coming down at some point.

Sources, please!:wave:

Or, is this wishful thinking?:lookaroun

Mikejakester

I don't know why so much people in the boards hate the hat so much. Personally I like the hat better, it brings out more color and more magic to the park. I find it more "Disney" like. And apperantly all the new goes I've talked to love it. For the hand in epcot. It's nice to have a change once in a while... I rather have the hand in spaceship earth rather than spaceship earth alone... Looks better in pictures anyway. :p

SmithGett

Account Suspended
the only real reason i dont like the hat is, it just seems like it gets in my way when im trying to cross in front of the chinese theater. plus, the shop isnt that good, what i think would be cool, is if they put a small restaraunt inside of it, with the theme being fantasia. you could have water shooters, colors splashed all across the walls, lighting effects, and wonderful music. plus, character greetings by all the fantasia characters, including special appearances by sorcerer mickey.

just a thought.

Gucci65

I like the hat.

Now here is another hat related question:

How come the water tower in MGM hasn't worn a Mickey
santa hat in years?

Is it too much trouble to put it up OR did the hat die and they don't want to replace it?

Anyone???????

Tramp

I've gotten use to the hat but I'm still very critical of its location. I thought it would have looked awesome just outside the turnstiles beyond the ticket booths. Hell, as it turned out, they could've done the security checks under it.:wave:

I miss the view of the Chinese Theater.:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom