Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort

CaptinEO

I thought as much 😂 I was only ever interested for the parade viewing, the desserts were only a minor plus.

Anyways, it seems like they're all sold out for opening weekend so I guess we'll see if they have any day-off reservations open when we go.
Gotta love Disney.

Buy a Pass or ticket to get in our park! Pay for parking! Buy another ticket to see our halloween event! Buy an overpriced meal package to get seating for our parade!

SoCalDisneyLover

Gotta love Disney.

Buy a Pass or ticket to get in our park! Pay for parking! Buy another ticket to see our halloween event! Buy an overpriced meal package to get seating for our parade!
And this is different from Any other theme park in what way? In So Cal, Knott's & Universal both have separately ticketed nighttime events every year.

Nobody is forcing you to buy the overpriced meal package. Seating will be available for free all along the parade route, and you can buy food anywhere in the park.

CaptinEO

And this is different from Any other theme park in what way? In So Cal, Knott's & Universal both have separately ticketed nighttime events every year.

Nobody is forcing you to buy the overpriced meal package. Seating will be available for free all along the parade route, and you can buy food anywhere in the park.
I'm just saying whats true, here comes the defense force! Where's my paid seating at Universal?

I'd argue Six Flags and Universal/Knotts night time offerings are miles beyond Disneys for any if their Halloween events.

SoCalDisneyLover

I'm just saying whats true, here comes the defense force! Where's my paid seating at Universal?

I'd argue Six Flags and Universal/Knotts night time offerings are miles beyond Disneys for any if their Halloween events.
Universal doesn't have a parade, and they charge for an Express Pass, if you want to guarantee getting into all the mazes.

Those other parks do not exactly offer anything family friendly. Their Halloween events are amazing and intense. Disney's is kind of stale, but it's the only one where anyone from age 1 to age 100, can attend without being traumatized if they get scared easily. And people seem to dig that they bring out some rare characters, that you won't see any other day of the year. People gotta have their pictures.

And as for the paid seating. You mean Disney exploiting the gullible nature of their devoted guests, by overcharging for some privilege, in order to satisfy their greed? Not a News Flash, that's their thing.

wdrive

Those other parks do not exactly offer anything family friendly. Their Halloween events are amazing and intense. Disney's is kind of stale, but it's the only one where anyone from age 1 to age 100, can attend without being traumatized if they get scared easily. And people seem to dig that they bring out some rare characters, that you won't see any other day of the year. People gotta have their pictures.

And as for the paid seating. You mean Disney exploiting the gullible nature of their devoted guests, by overcharging for some privilege, in order to satisfy their greed? Not a News Flash, that's their thing.

But it wasn’t always that way, Disney used to offer a lot more in their parties for less money.
I get it, why spend more when people will pay anyway, but it’s still a shame. That wasn’t always the mentality.

CaptinEO

Universal doesn't have a parade, and they charge for an Express Pass, if you want to guarantee getting into all the mazes.

You're still just defending Disney for offering less than their competitors and having more upcharges.

waltography

I'm so hyped for Agatha. Can't wait to see how they integrate the new villains into the party - I assume they'll mostly be M&G characters which I'll absolutely do, but I wonder if they could integrate Agatha into Villains Grove given the amazing lighting effects they could do taking cues from WandaVision. Villains Grove seems to be reserved for classic characters though so I'm not holding my breath.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Agatha will no doubt be fun, but I'm skipping the party this year though I enjoyed it in its original season's debut. I hadn't even thought about them introducing a new character this year, since they only had Loki and Star-Lord out that first year for the Marvel team as I recall.

DavidNoble

Just bought tickets to go in October to DLR. While won't be able to take part in the party, will at least be able to enjoy all of the themed decorations as well as Space Mountain and Haunted Mansion Halloween themes. First time for my kids, so they'll enjoy that as well!

AmishGuy91

Just bought tickets to go in October to DLR. While won't be able to take part in the party, will at least be able to enjoy all of the themed decorations as well as Space Mountain and Haunted Mansion Halloween themes. First time for my kids, so they'll enjoy that as well!

No Space Mountain theme

waltography

Oh snap. Didn't expect that.
Yeah; unfortunately, Ghost Galaxy ended after 2018. The only Halloweentime overlays that exist are Haunted Mansion Holiday (which is really a Christmas ride more than a Halloween one imo) and GotG: Monsters After Dark. Cars Land has some lightly themed rides with Mater's Graveyard JamBOOree and Luigi's Honkin' Haul-O-Ween, but that's a soundtrack overlay more than anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom