Halloween " Party " or " Boo Bash " ? Announcement ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToTBellHop

Question- has the constant celebrations of anniversaries diminished the marketing impact? It seems the 50th has vastly underperformed. Epcot's 40th is five months away and nary a mention of anything coinciding with that.
I think it is more that the 50th has been rather muted. DL’s 60th seemed popular and DLP’s 30th seems to be going well.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I’d be rather surprised to see them cancel DE 4 nights per week but then again, it’s hardly well-loved. Might as well end the 50th early at this point. No one would notice.
Indeed this.

The After Hours, which started much later than the Party, was supposed to allow the regular guests enjoy the super-special 50th fireworks before being kicked out.

But since DE doesn't have a whiff of being super-special 50th fireworks, it really doesn't matter at this point.

Unless they open TRON on Oct 1 and advertise "Join us for the last 6 months of our 50 Anniversary!!", the anniversary is dead by October (and currently on life support now).

GimpYancIent

Question- has the constant celebrations of anniversaries diminished the marketing impact? It seems the 50th has vastly underperformed. Epcot's 40th is five months away and nary a mention of anything coinciding with that.
EPCOT is still a construction zone plus the underperformance of the 50th would make it wiser to not even mention the EPCOT 40th and concentrate on the popular Halloween as the next big draw event.

ToTBellHop

EPCOT is still a construction zone plus the underperformance of the 50th would make it wiser to not even mention the EPCOT 40th and concentrate on the popular Halloween as the next big draw event.
Make SSE look like a jack-o-lantern with its new lights!

I still can’t believe enough people in the company actually thought DE was good…

Last week, we were waiting for DE and it started sprinkling at 8:50 pm. Wife and kids immediately suggested it wasn’t worth waiting 10 min in sprinkles so we took the bus back to the hotel. That would have never happened if it were HEA. Matter of fact, we’ve stayed in pouring rain for HEA…

mattpeto

Indeed this.

The After Hours, which started much later than the Party, was supposed to allow the regular guests enjoy the super-special 50th fireworks before being kicked out.

But since DE doesn't have a whiff of being super-special 50th fireworks, it really doesn't matter at this point.

Unless they open TRON on Oct 1 and advertise "Join us for the last 6 months of our 50 Anniversary!!", the anniversary is dead by October (and currently on life support now).

Many months ago, I predicted that they might just bring the legacy parties back before the 50th was up because the 50th stuff wasn't the draw like they hoped. I'm more lukewarm on that on that theory though...

I still think they like the AH format (closing MK 4 days a week early is no bueno).

Maybe they just want to go back the original name for brand purposes (and for longevity sake); call the party: Disney Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party After Hours. It will just get the Very Merriest treatment (stage show, parade, separate fireworks and the return of special M&Gs) but conduct the party after Enchantment.

TTA94

If Tron does open this fall, surely that will get people to open their wallets for the Halloween and Christmas events. Could that be the idea?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
They're having a live event on Tik Tok tomorrow night at 10 PM that's Halloween themed. Maybe that's when they'll announce their Halloween plans? Seems weird to drop that news at 10 PM, but who knows.

ToTBellHop

They're having a live event on Tik Tok tomorrow night at 10 PM that's Halloween themed. Maybe that's when they'll announce their Halloween plans? Seems weird to drop that news at 10 PM, but who knows.
As long as "the witch is back!" I don't care when they announce it.

If she isn't back (especially with the sequel coming out), there will be hell (heck?) to pay.

Stupido

Not to turn every thread into a Marvel Rights discussion, but what are the odds that Agatha Harkness could be used at this years Halloween event? She was a HUGE hit at Disneyland’s Halloween event last year, and as far as I know she’s never been on the Avengers. Could be a fun way of bringing more marvel to the parks if Disney wants to.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Fingers crossed they announce a UP-CHARGE Limited Capacity Exclusive Halloween Themed After Hours BOO BASH KITE SHOW SPECTACULAR!

wdwfan22

Who says that the 50th has underperformed? The parks have been packed. Merchandise sells out. It seems only a handful of die hard Disney nuts are not happy with the celebration offerings. And some of these people would complain non matter what was offered. Every night Guests cheer for enchantment and harmonious. So I don’t think I would call the 50th under performing.

G00fyDad

Fingers crossed they announce a UP-CHARGE Limited Capacity Exclusive Halloween Themed After Hours BOO BASH KITE SHOW SPECTACULAR!
angry get out GIF

dreday3

Not to turn every thread into a Marvel Rights discussion, but what are the odds that Agatha Harkness could be used at this years Halloween event? She was a HUGE hit at Disneyland’s Halloween event last year, and as far as I know she’s never been on the Avengers. Could be a fun way of bringing more marvel to the parks if Disney wants to.

I feel like it would be weird to see a Marvel character at Magic Kingdom, but what do I know. There probably are already ones there i didnt' even notice!

G00fyDad

Who says that the 50th has underperformed? The parks have been packed. Merchandise sells out. It seems only a handful of die hard Disney nuts are not happy with the celebration offerings. And some of these people would complain non matter what was offered. Every night Guests cheer for enchantment and harmonious. So I don’t think I would call the 50th under performing.
It is (in my opinion) only performing well because of the revenge travelling. I believe that if COVID had not happened and these massive crowds were not trying to get to Disney right now then this 50th crap would have landed with a dull thud. Btw, they cheered for ALL fireworks.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
It seems only a handful of die hard Disney nuts are not happy with the celebration offerings.
The numerous guest surveys (which have been shared on this board) asking about changes to Harmonious! and the other crap show at the MK, as well as the insiders reporting the shows have not been received well, especially Harmonious! would seem to indicate that your statement is not factually accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom