Trip Report Halloween on the High Seas and Some Not So Scary Fun with Friends - All Just a *Dream* Away!

Well it's been a little over 24 hours since I've returned back from my adventures from the past week. It's a gloomy, chilly day here so I figured it's a great time to start my trip report.

First, let's introduce ourselves. Here are the four cruisers who together make up the awesome-ness that is known as "Table 65."

Left to right - Yours truly (Jessica), Shalon, Aurora and James. Just a little backstory - up until recently I spent the past 4 1/2 years as an agent for Kingdom Konsultant Travel. Unfortunately, life is a bit crazy right now and I needed to step out of it for a bit (but still remain close friends with my KK family!). Shalon was actually one of my very first clients I ever worked with in 2009. Since her trip, she relocated to the Orlando area and we have become close friends. Aurora and James are husband and wife, also living in Central Florida, who are good friends to Shalon. There would also be a few appearances by some other friends during the trip.

01-2.jpg

At the end of September Shalon texted me saying that there was an awesome FL resident rate out for the Dream, but she didn't want to go. I called my oh-so-wonderful husband and asked if he would mind, and he encouraged me to go (he's awesome-er than awesome, I tell ya). I texted Shalon and she got us booked and ready! And not long after we had two more cruisers join us - Aurora and James. They would be celebrating their anniversary during our cruise. When all was said and done, we had about 31 days to wait. Not too shabby of a countdown :)

We would be on a 4-night Bahamian on the Disney Dream, with stops in Nassau and Castaway Cay. Our actual sail dates were 10/27 - 10/31. I booked my air to fly in on the 26th. Originally I was set to fly home on the 31st. Then I decided that flying home on the 1st of November would be better. Then I discovered that some friends who I've known for a couple of years via social media would be in WDW and I really wanted to see them, so I decided to come home on November 2nd. The friends who would be making appearances would be Danielle, Nicole and Deb (aka @DisneyDebNJ ), as well as my friend Tommy and his family all the way from Canada!

So, after all was said and done, here is what my plan was:

10/26: Arrive in Orlando, some park time at MK, spend the night at Shalon's.
10/27 - 10/31: Disney Dream-ing!
10/31 - 11/2: WDW time!

This would be my first cruise after years of peer pressure from @Disneyfalcon to get my behind on a Disney cruise ;) Totally kidding. Tammy's been telling me for years I would love it, but I was so afraid to tear away from my beloved WDW. I was nervous that I would end up regretting going on the cruise and feel like I wasted precious time that I could have spent in WDW. Now I laugh, because the only regret I had was not doing it earlier!

So I guess now's the time to stop rambling and get on with the show!

Last edited:

PolynesianPrincess

Just finished reading the rest!! How awesome that you got to spend the party with Tommy and his family. Sounds like you had a great time! I will definitely check out his pages! VERY impressed with his 9th overall finish in the W&D Half! That is definitely a great accomplishment! :)

Your pics of CC are beautiful. My mom loves Jack Sparrow so Serenity Bay will be the place to be in February I guess! haha. We went to meet him on Pirate Night but they cancelled it! :(

Well, you officially finished your report before me! Actually.... you finished TWO reports before me. I am a slacker!! lol I do have next Tuesday off so I plan on finishing my report as well as starting my one from May. I'm going to actually write out the whole thing and edit all the photos before posting. Make it a little easier! :)

Hopefully see you soon!!! :)

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
Just finished reading the rest!! How awesome that you got to spend the party with Tommy and his family. Sounds like you had a great time! I will definitely check out his pages! VERY impressed with his 9th overall finish in the W&D Half! That is definitely a great accomplishment! :)

Your pics of CC are beautiful. My mom loves Jack Sparrow so Serenity Bay will be the place to be in February I guess! haha. We went to meet him on Pirate Night but they cancelled it! :(

Well, you officially finished your report before me! Actually.... you finished TWO reports before me. I am a slacker!! lol I do have next Tuesday off so I plan on finishing my report as well as starting my one from May. I'm going to actually write out the whole thing and edit all the photos before posting. Make it a little easier! :)

Hopefully see you soon!!! :)

Actually I believe I've finished 4 reports haha. September 2012, January, May and this one. But who's counting lol :)

PartOfYourWorld

Just read the last page! That is so awesome that you guys got to get those special seats for the parade! Walt Disney World magic at it's best! :) And like Darolyn said Rainforest Cafe sooon!!!

plaz10

I'm so far behind but back to the cruise and 'Believe'...I really started crying during "Baby Mine" OH MY GOSH it was like a month before my wedding and I was thinking of dancing with my dad. Yikes. Major tears. Love that.

On with the fabulous TR!

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
I'm so far behind but back to the cruise and 'Believe'...I really started crying during "Baby Mine" OH MY GOSH it was like a month before my wedding and I was thinking of dancing with my dad. Yikes. Major tears. Love that.

On with the fabulous TR!

I did a big, ugly cry during Baby Mine. Thankfully we were the only ones sitting in the side balcony seats.

Disneyfalcon

I finally finished! I'm so glad, and not surprised at all :) , how much you loved cruising. :)
You took some beautiful pictures! I'm so glad you got to go!

FlaggNL

just finished reading your trip report! Marvelous!! Especially since we will be in WDW October '14. Haloween time :)

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
I finally finished! I'm so glad, and not surprised at all :) , how much you loved cruising. :)
You took some beautiful pictures! I'm so glad you got to go!

Thank you, Tammy! I'm so glad I got to go, too. I can't wait to set sail again!

just finished reading your trip report! Marvelous!! Especially since we will be in WDW October '14. Haloween time :)

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it :) I love Halloween at WDW! The Halloween party is my favorite :) I'm already planning out this year's costume!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom