hall of presidents

chels26

Original Poster
When i went to the Hall of Presidents on Thursday, my family was oned of 3 families there. The CM's working there said that the show is getting less and less people, and if it stays as un popular as it is, it's going to be closed. I don't know if they were just saying that or if they really meant it, but I figured i should post, to see what you guys think or if you know any info.

Teenchy

Not to be so negative about people, but I think its the state of the American people.

Have you seen when they do the "man of the street" type interviews on tv. The majority of the people cant name the current President and Vice President of the U.S., much less the older ones. Not to mention the % of people who dont vote!

I would love to have poll as people enter The Hall of Presidents and ask the same question and also do they vote. So many people complain about this Conutry and or their State but look how many dont vote...or if they do vote, they just keep putting in the same Congressmen or Senators year after year....here's to Term Limits for Congress...just like the President!..

Ok off my soapbox...thanks:dazzle:

JeffC

And I can certainly see why.
I was there in March and was VERY disapointed by it. It was all about the civil war, and (sorry if I'm not politically correct here) I think this getting kind of old. I was hoping to see most of the "presidents" speak about their work and accomplishments. This has so much potential to tell about several presidential decisions made throughout the years, not just one event in american history.

Imagineer Mitch

i dont think they will close it bc the country bear jamboree is like that too and possible they will start running it like they did for the carasel of progress

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
As JeffC said above, I`d hope for a plot direction re-working before any decision is made about closing. The man in the street is happy with their Laugh Floor and Seas with Nemo and Soarin', but there are some who want more. The man in the street also knows probably nothing about the attractions Origins, links with Walt, history etc. - and so sadly wouldn`t be seen as a bad option to be closed by management. Also see the CoP.

Lee

Adventurer
Low numbers at HoP is nothing new.
Unless they come up with something really spectacular to replace it, it won't be closing.
It's cheap to run and eats people when needed (rain storm usually drives them in) two things that help keep it off the chopping block.

WDW Monorail

To go along with the somewhat tired plot, I think that another catalyst to it's demise is the fact that Americans and most other people, just do not care about histiry. They only want to know what is happening now and what will happen in 10 years.

*EDIT*
By saying demise, I don't mean closure. I mean the popularity.

summergirl32

My family was there in late July and it was nearly full. I would really hate to see them close this attraction and personally I don't think they will. This is a classic and as someone else posted, it is cheap to operate.

doop

I doubt there are any plans to close HoP, and if they do I think a lot of people will be very upset including me.

WDWGuide

I personally always cringe at the modern-ish American accents put into the founding fathers' mouths during the opening montage. I MUCH prefer the American Adventure as far as patriotic attractions go - it's message is all the more powerful and inspiring because it is delivered with a strong sense of humility.

Animaniac93-98

It donesn't help if kids don't want to learn on vacation. The current scipt isn't very good either (the original version for this and Great Moments With Mr. Lincolin are much more thoughtful, enjoyable, stimultaing and historically accurate). Bush is unpopular, Lincolin's speech is short, the film only talks about racial equality and nothing else (no ther issues or even anything positive). Even if it did get closed there isn't really anything else that could be put there (other than another theatre show), and do we really want to get rid of another WDW exclusive attraction?

I think everyone should also read this page from Widen Your World:http://www.omniluxe.net/wyw/hop.htm

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
As long as Florida weather remains rainy, hot, and humid I see no pending closure of HoP. It's the perfect refuge for glorious A/C and shelter on killer heat days. It might need a facelift and some TLC, but with it's high capacity I don't see it ever becoming anything worse than seasonally operational.

bluefaery

I personally always cringe at the modern-ish American accents put into the founding fathers' mouths during the opening montage. I MUCH prefer the American Adventure as far as patriotic attractions go - it's message is all the more powerful and inspiring because it is delivered with a strong sense of humility.

Since I haven't been to either attraction. What is thew difference b/c HoP and The AA? Thank you.

As much as I love the Hall Of Presidents, I must admit (dare I say it) that it is a little old fashioned these days and needs to be updated. Believe me, it pains me to say that because I consider myself a classic Disney attraction lover and don't particularly like it when Disney makes changes to or flat out closes a great attraction. I agree with other posters that the low attendance has got to be due in part to the state of the country these days. Furthermore, in today's world the office of the President is not projected as something as patriotic and honorable as it was years ago.

HOP is different from other classic attractions in that it deals with history and you can only depict a certain amount of it in 20 minutes. Sadly, I just think the film portion is outdated and doesn't speak to today's generation.

kubfish

I remember and liked it when I went to WDW as a kid and now that we are going in 38 DAYS WOOT... This is one of the shows I will not miss. They could update it but would hope it never closes. We don't have it out here in DL.

WDWGuide

Since I haven't been to either attraction. What is thew difference b/c HoP and The AA? Thank you.

Hall of Presidents:

For a healthy dose of patriotism and American spirit, be sure to visit the Hall of Presidents, an attraction exclusive to Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom. The classic 24-minute show begins with a widescreen film called We the People. Starting with the Declaration of Independence, it uses montages of paintings to illustrate the creation and perseverance of the Constitution during times of prosperity and crisis.
We the People is followed by the highlight of the show, the introduction of the 43 American Presidents. Each is represented by a full-sized, Audio-Animatronic doppelganger who acknowledges his presence with a slow nod as his name is read.
The Hall of Presidents recently underwent some changes as George W. Bush was added to the lineup, whose amazingly lifelike animatronic delivers a short speech recorded by the President himself. President Lincoln has retained his traditional leading role and continues to be featured with his own speech reflecting on the challenges to the constitution through time, and how they were overcome.
Some guests dislike this attraction, considering it boring and out of place in the otherwise carefree Magic Kingdom. Others love it for its excellent animatronics and the patriotic message it conveys. Small children usually do not understand what is being talked about, and tend to get bored very quickly.
Since the Hall of Presidents virtually never fills to capacity, it is sufficient to arrive 5 minutes prior to showtime (every hour and half hour), although you may want to spend a few extra minutes to examine the official Presidential portraits featured in the rotunda.
Following the 2008 Presidential Elections, a rehab will be required to add the 44th President’s animatronic to the show.

American Adventure:

The American Adventure’s feature attraction by the same name is a very popular and patriotic show about the history of the United States, from the arrival of the pilgrims to late 20th century. Narrated by stunningly lifelike Audio-Animatronics of Samuel Clemens and Benjamin Franklin, the show uses wide-screen film montages, many animatronics, and stirring music to recreate some of the most defining moments in American history, such as the Declaration of Independence, the Independence War, the Great Depression, as well as the displacement of the Native Americans, the debate about slavery, and the birth of the National Park system. While this is by no means intended to be an unbiased and complete history lesson, the production is excellent and thought-provoking.
Unfortunately, some of the displayed events are only hinted at or vaguely described without actually being explained in context, assuming a degree of background knowledge of the US that many foreign and some domestic visitors do not have, occasionally leaving them a bit in the dark. Nevertheless, audience reactions to the American Adventure are generally very favorable, making this a must-see for every Epcot visitor. Although this is easily the most popular attraction in the World Showcase, it is rare that you will have to wait in line for the more than one show, since the theater’s capacity is very large.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom