Rumor Hall of Presidents Replaced by Muppets American History Show???

Disstevefan1

And Disney getting political has worked out so well for them, hasn't it?

:rolleyes:
No it has not, and that is why we are where we are.

In my opinion - If Disney was seen as no political and unbiased today, they could have proceeded with HOP like they did since they opened, but today they cant.

In my opinion, whatever they do today will be seen as a political move BECAUSE they got involved in politics.

doctornick

No it has not, and that is why we are where we are.

In my opinion - If Disney was seen as no political and unbiased today, they could have proceeded with HOP like they did since they opened, but today they cant.

In my opinion, whatever they do today will be seen as a political move BECAUSE they got involved in politics.
But the least political thing they could do with regards to HoP is to just let it continue to exist as it currently does.

doctornick

The HoP closing is 100% the fault of guest behavior and preferences. Not Disney “getting political”. Cmon now.
Well if the decision on when to close it rests on who wins the next election, then that is literally as political as you could get.

That being said, I think the “issues” with the audience acting out are largely overblown and “solving” that by ripping out the attraction is just a ridiculous over the top response.

Andrew25

Couple comments...
  • Disney would have to make announcement before the election this year if they want to remove HoP. A decision in the next 3ish years to remove it will be seen as political (whether it is or isn't)
  • I have been in multiple HoP shows and the audience making noise is significantly exaggerated on here. Yes people clap (for any of the presidents, including the random Roosevelt/Reagan), but it's a quick clap. Definitely not a reason to remove the attraction.
  • I do think that if HoP goes, we should at least keep the Lincoln AA somewhere at MK or Epcot's American Adventure.

Horizonsfan

Well if the decision on when to close it rests on who wins the next election, then that is literally as political as you could get.

That being said, I think the “issues” with the audience acting out are largely overblown and “solving” that by ripping out the attraction is just a ridiculous over the top response.
The speculation they’d hold off on closing it is just that. We really don’t know. But whispers like that sets Disney up for a no-win scenario where keeping it open or closing it, people are mad. Which again points to an issue with the guests being too political, not necessarily Disney.
I think the brawls in Fantasyland are also the fault of guest behavior, therefore we should also close Fantasyland.
I know you’re not that obtuse. The HoP has been joked about as a bore since the 80s. Poor ratings makes it a tenuous thing to keep, the boorish behavior is just the final ingredient to make it a target for removal.

I say all that as someone who enjoyed visiting it for decades.

Disstevefan1

I know you’re not that obtuse. The HoP has been joked about as a bore since the 80s. Poor ratings makes it a tenuous thing to keep, the boorish behavior is just the final ingredient to make it a target for removal.

I say all that as someone who enjoyed visiting it for decades.
To clarify, about closing Fantasyland it was a joke I should have included the winky icon ;) to designate it as a joke.

I have always enjoyed HOP, and the large majority of the times I experienced it, my candidate was NOT there and I quietly and respectfully watched, as always.

I completely missed 45 (and will probably miss 46 in person) and only saw both on YouTube.

As many have stated in the thread, the bad behavior is highly exaggerated, I have never experienced it.

I will miss HOP since they will destroy and replace it, I am sure.

The reality for me is I WANT AS MANY cool, dark, seated attractions (that are not singalongs) as is possible no matter what the attraction is.

Last edited:

ChrisFL

Premium Member
If Disney closes HOP now....some people "OMG it's because of ________________"

IF Disney closes HOP after the election, other people "OMG it's because of ______________"

BUT if Disney "discovers" a sinkhole.............. 😅

Comped

I have been in multiple HoP shows and the audience making noise is significantly exaggerated on here. Yes people clap (for any of the presidents, including the random Roosevelt/Reagan), but it's a quick clap. Definitely not a reason to remove the attraction.
Nobody claps for Calvin Coolidge...

tanc

With the aggressiveness of Disney within the past decade, all I can say is if this happens it will be a somber day in WDW history. Imagine not being able to pay tribute to the people who led and founded this country.

Regardless of your political standing, it’s absurd that such a magical concept could be removed. There’s no where else in the world that has all the presidents as animatronics in a single space.

Disney came up with a concept to immortalize them. While being able to add them, and it would be a damn shame if this can’t continue on. Even if you find the show boring, it’s such a beautiful concept towards our country.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom