Hall of Presidents Previews Today

Disneyfanman

Thank you so very much for the great review! I won't be down to WDW for a year or two (vs. my annual trips for the past 11 years) and very much look forward to seeing the attraction. We never miss it, and my whole family appreciated it over the years, but it sounds like Disney has really taken it up a notch or two. I also love the AA over in Epcot.

I cannot imagine ANY other company in this day and age spending gobs of money on an attraction like this. It doesn't go fast, it doesn't go in loops, and it isn't attached to some sort of film.

The HOP is part of what makes Disney, DISNEY. It's an experience you cannot fine anywhere else. I am very excited that it's receiving the TLC that it deserves.

Way to go, WDW!

Expo_Seeker40

Very happy to hear they are using Royal Dano! He was personally selected by Walt Disney to do the voice of Lincoln for the 64/65 World's Fair and also came back to record additional lines for the HoP in 1970/early 1971.

I bet they will use his voice for the re-imagining of Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln when that attraction reopens at Disneyland.

:sohappy:

SirGoofy

Here is a quick pic taken this afternoon of one of the signs that's already done. if it's an indication of what the larger one (visible in blue behind) will be, I think we'll be happy with it.

HoP-Sign.jpg

I could swore that was always there.

SirGoofy

The signpost has indeed been there for years, they just updated it for the new edition of the show.

Oh, okay. My mistake. I thought we were thinking that was new.:lol:

Can't wait to go see the new show. I also wouldn't mind getting trained at the HoP, but that's a different story.

MissM

Sounds very cool. I'll definitely be looking forward to seeing the new show once my seasonal blackout lifts in August.

The only thing I'm sad to hear is missing from the rehab is that it sounds like they didn't update those miserably uncomfortable seats. Would have been nice to freshen them up a bit and maybe re-pad them while they were at it. Oh well. Not a deal breaker.

Oh and in case anyone doesn't realize it - Passholders can see an early preview of it on June 28th!

Preview Event Details

* Date: June 28, 2009
* Time: 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
* Passholders do not need to sign up to attend the preview, but they do need to show a valid Pass and Photo ID at the Hall of Presidents attraction entrance.
* Seasonal and Epcot After 4 Passholders will need valid admission to the Magic Kingdom theme park in order to attend.​

EPCOT Explorer

I'm wowed just reading this. It sounds magical, historical, patriotic, and DISNEY all in one. I can not WAIT to see this.:sohappy:

WDI...Keep this style in mind. It sounds like you found your way back.

This is making me redouble my efforts to get to MK.:lol:

WDW1974

Nice report. Thanks.

It sounds like they did the attraction justice and I'm looking forward to seeing it soon.

Some folks don't realize that this attraction dates back to an original concept of Walt's that didn't go beyond Mr. Lincoln until WDW opened.

Omnimover

I cannot imagine ANY other company in this day and age spending gobs of money on an attraction like this. It doesn't go fast, it doesn't go in loops, and it isn't attached to some sort of film.

The HOP is part of what makes Disney, DISNEY.

Agreed. It's nice to hear so much effort has gone into this refurb. I've always believed one of the reasons Disney park attractions, thrill ride or not, are so effective is that they carry meaning. It doesn't matter if it's a state-of-the-art coaster or a stage with a lot of AAs, that extra layer below the surface gives the attraction life beyond its nuts and bolts. Anyone can build a coaster, but without giving it a purpose and a message, even a light-hearted one, it doesn't leave that lasting impression. An attraction with a true point of view and subtext will always stay with you.

ryno1982

Thank you very much for the detailed report. I was planning on going tomorrow to catch a preview, so it's good to hear they've started. At least it increases my chances.

The new version sounds amazing. I'm glad they've changed the focus of the show, as the old version was kind of an inferior version of American Adventure to me.

One question: Is it a shuttle or rocket launch before the role call? Before it was definitely a Saturn V rocket, not a space shuttle like the orlando sentinel said, so this may be a change as well.

WDW1974

Agreed. It's nice to hear so much effort has gone into this refurb. I've always believed one of the reasons Disney park attractions, thrill ride or not, are so effective is that they carry meaning. It doesn't matter if it's a state-of-the-art coaster or a stage with a lot of AAs, that extra layer below the surface gives the attraction life beyond its nuts and bolts. Anyone can build a coaster, but without giving it a purpose and a message, even a light-hearted one, it doesn't leave that lasting impression. An attraction with a true point of view and subtext will always stay with you.

True ... but some attractions (like this one) are a whole lot deeper, a whole lot more layered, a whole lot more (dare I say it?) intellectual than others.

RnRC or Goofy's Barnstormer don't leave me with anything ... and Space Mountain before they closed it really had lost it as well.

WDW1974

Thank you very much for the detailed report. I was planning on going tomorrow to catch a preview, so it's good to hear they've started. At least it increases my chances.

The new version sounds amazing. I'm glad they've changed the focus of the show, as the old version was kind of an inferior version of American Adventure to me.

One question: Is it a shuttle or rocket launch before the role call? Before it was definitely a Saturn V rocket, not a space shuttle like the orlando sentinel said, so this may be a change as well.

Good point. That rocket was one of the Apollo missions to the moon ... while it was very important in the history of mankind it also was very old and you never saw the entire launch ... of course the space shuttle is about to (thankfully) be retired, so either way it's ... history.

jt04

Well I'm just relieved as this could have been a really big problem if not done right.

My main question because everything has been described so well is the music. Does it have the same score and musical highlights?

I love that GW "passes the torch" to the new President. PERFECT! :)

PS- Nice to hear Bob Iger was there. And the fact Jay R. was there pretty much destroys the theory that he doesn't give a hoot about the parks. I never bought that anyway.

Finally.........

Way to go TDO!!! :sohappy:

AGentlRose

Enjoyed reading your review. It's been years since I've been to the HOP, and it was closed on our last visits, I'm so looking forward to seeing it when we go in August.

EPCOTPluto

Thanks for the review. Sounds really exciting! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:
I'll be there probably this weekend for the Passholder previews. Can't wait!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom