Hall of Presidents animatronic discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainsOfDisney

“warning: the Hall of Presidents contains sensitive content including words spoken by the current President of the United States.”

Perhaps that would fix the issue for those easily triggered?

Goofyernmost

This thread is creepy 🧟‍♂️
I agree, but mostly because the Masterclass should be covering reading comprehension. In the stone age, when I went to school we had reading comprehension just about every grammar school year I had the good fortune to attend. My first 8 years were in New York State and the state used to test all of us, twice a year, on comprehension, among other things, in what were known as Regents Exams. No matter what grades you got during your regular learning regiment, if you didn't pass the regents exam you didn't pass the grade. Hated them at the time, but it made me sure to pay attention in class which made the regents exam far easier.

I realize that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, I felt it was appropriate and since I have free speech it is my right to say whatever I want, whenever I want. That's how it works, correct?

TrainsOfDisney

I agree, but mostly because the Masterclass should be covering reading comprehension. In the stone age, when I went to school we had reading comprehension just about every grammar school year I had the good fortune to attend. My first 8 years were in New York State and the state used to test all of us, twice a year, on comprehension, among other things, in what were known as Regents Exams. No matter what grades you got during your regular learning regiment, if you didn't pass the regents exam you didn't pass the grade. Hated them at the time, but it made me sure to pay attention in class which made the regents exam far easier.

I realize that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, I felt it was appropriate and since I have free speech it is my right to say whatever I want, whenever I want. That's how it works, correct?
i think it’s a pretty low bar to suggest that someone lacks reading comprehension skills when they don’t agree with you.

I comprehend what you are saying, I don’t agree with it, at all.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
i think it’s a pretty low bar to suggest that someone lacks reading comprehension skills when they don’t agree with you.

Also most of these posts are entered on “smart” devices with tiny touchscreens where typos and autocorrect run amok

Most of my 20,000 career typos are a combination of distraction and fat finger syndrome

Goofyernmost

You are correct, that would be a low bar. It is also a low bar to constantly introduce things like implying that I don't think that things like the oath of office is appropriate or important when this whole discussion was about whether or not having a sitting President say anything at all or have any specific attention given to them. The discussion was not about what specifically is said, it is about whether or not it is detrimental to say anything at all because once they do, it becomes political and current instead of historical which is what the Hall of Presidents is all about.

No one is going to put the words used in a Theme Park show into a history book. It is just a bunch of empty words that are being mouthed by a machine. I keep trying to say it shouldn't be there at all because of two things. The first is that the show isn't about A President, it is about ALL the Presidents as a group. The second is our current society has a massive lack of class and decorum and it is an embarrassment to this country that we have to tolerate people yelling out angry and sometimes obscene words to robots when nothing is gained or improved by having that section of the show to begin with. It's not about the thought that those doing that are right or wrong in their opinions. It isn't that at all, it is about the reality that there is a time and a place for everything and that show is not a forum. It is a form of entertainment and once was about pride in our nation, now it is just a shouting match of the brain dead directed against a pile of machinery. Machinery that doesn't have a brain to begin with, and it doesn't have to be that way. Put it back to it's original setup. It was a change that originally was what seemed like a pleasant enough thing, but the change in society has made it a joke.

Eric Graham

Honestly, we just go there to take a nap and rest our feet when it is a hot day. We've seen it so many times in the past, though.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
We are saying if a president saying anything is going to get a few guests to be disruptive and ruin the experience for everyone else then it’s better to have them not speaking
I've seen the Hall of Presidents numerous times since it reopened both under former President Trump and current President Biden and I've never seen this disruption happening, like at all. You're acting like a few instances from early in the new show's run is the Gospel. It's clearly hyperbolic on purpose and really dilutes your opinion.

JIMINYCR

I've seen the Hall of Presidents numerous times since it reopened both under former President Trump and current President Biden and I've never seen this disruption happening, like at all. You're acting like a few instances from early in the new show's run is the Gospel. It's clearly hyperbolic on purpose and really dilutes your opinion.
Yup. You’re one of those “I’ve never seen it so it therefore doesn’t happen” . I never said it happens at every showing but it still happens. When it does it ruins the experience for guests who either have never taken in the show before or those who would like to see the show another time.
My position is that with the upcoming political contest people are going to be a lot more vocal as the election nears and the fight between the candidates gets more bitter. There is a very simple solution to be had that avoids any problems.

JIMINYCR

Guests could still disrupt the show during the role call…
Sure anything can happen. But if you are aware that a disruption may happen because of a part of the show then why include it at all? We know this is causing an issue, then do whatever you can to avoid it ruining the experience.

JIMINYCR

How do we know that President Biden reciting the Presidential oath is causing an issue?
We dont know if the oath is or is not. The fact is that the guests are reacting to Biden (or if elected, Trump) and thats the problem. Cutting out any speaking part takes that part of the equation out of play.
I dont care who is inciting the problem or what is causing it. Just do something so the entire show is enjoyable.

TrainsOfDisney

We dont know if the oath is or is not. The fact is that the guests are reacting to Biden (or if elected, Trump) and thats the problem.
These statements contradict themselves “we don’t know” vs. “the fact is guests are reacting” - which is it?

Is there an issue or not?

Goofyernmost

These statements contradict themselves “we don’t know” vs. “the fact is guests are reacting” - which is it?

Is there an issue or not?
I, for one, give up. They don't contradict each other at all, it just shows how easy it is to confuse people when statements are taken out of context.

Last edited:
What happened to the animatronic used for Bill Clinton and later for George W Bush? Was it really recycled into Washington (evidenced by the exact same movements and positioned right in front of James Madison)?

A new one was already used for Obama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom