Hall of Presidents animatronic discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainsOfDisney

That's this era in a nutshell and why people are yelling at robots and why it should just be historical and not political.
It is historical, our current president said “so help me God” when he took his oath to office to serve our country. That is a historical fact that has nothing political about it.

Goofyernmost

It is historical, our current president said “so help me God” when he took his oath to office to serve our country. That is a historical fact that has nothing political about it.

I will repeat, The attraction is a Hall Of Presidents. Not THE President. The times are to controversial now compared to when it started and people are less refined so we get the yelling at Robots and making fools of themselves. I'm not talking about what any specific President said, I'm referring to the way people are viewing it. None of us were around when Lincoln was president so we have no personal opinion, so no real reaction. If, however, we give specific "stage" time to a current one then there is going to be a section of they audience that didn't support that person and the larger the time the more reaction it is going to create.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

People feel the need to vent because the media has inflamed the disparity between both candidates and theres pent up anger. To make it worse both candidates are makng more and more personal attacks at each other. As we get closer to Nov. it will just get worse. No matter who is in office theres going to be detractors of policy and personalities. The public as a whole believes now more than ever that their opinion must be heard and validated by everyone around them. And those opinions expressed with calmness, anger, or violence it doesnt matter. Free speech gives all the right to be vocal, even in a theme park.
Its well past time that Disney should end the personal sitting presidents speech and go back to letting us just hear from old Abe and Washington. Guests on vacation should be entertained and/or educated without either political party being vocal on stage and setting up any form of disruption.

Goofyernmost

The current president does not give a speech. Clinton, Bush, Obama, and Trump did. President Biden only recites the oath of office.
In my world speech means talking, no matter what is said. I could be Dr. Suess, it doesn't matter. It is focus on one individual instead of the group.

JIMINYCR

The current president does not give a speech. Clinton, Bush, Obama, and Trump did. President Biden only recites the oath of office.
He’s given the platform to speak. Doesn’t matter what is said, it opens it up for opposition. Disney knew there was opposition to Trump back then and they should have made the move then to halt any sitting president to talk. It’s enough to have an animatronic representation.

JIMINYCR

No, you can be trespassed for what you do and say on Disney Property.
Yes they can depending on how disruptive a person is being but that does not take away a persons having the right to speak. You have the right to speak and have to suffer the consequences if you cross a line of behavior.
This has nothing to do with Biden having a speaking role and how future presidents animatronics are featured in the attraction.

TrainsOfDisney

Folks should shut up and be respectful and just watch the show. The large majority of decades I have been going to the the HOP my candidate was not speaking but I remained respectful and quiet.
It’s truly baffling and heart breaking to me - this is such a moving and beautiful show. I’ve enjoyed every version of it.

It doesn’t matter who I voted for, it matters who IS the President of our country. If you watch that entire show and still want to “boo” when the current Presidents name is announced you have missed the point of the show and the point of being an American.

Where is Sam Eagle when you need him!

It was an actually good show prior to 2008 (although it changed in 1993 and a lot hated it, the film was bad for this version but the finale with the animatronics was still good like it used to be with just Lincoln)

Goofyernmost

He’s given the platform to speak. Doesn’t matter what is said, it opens it up for opposition. Disney knew there was opposition to Trump back then and they should have made the move then to halt any sitting president to talk. It’s enough to have an animatronic representation.
Yes they should have, but they didn't. Now they see what a mess that can be why continue it? It was enjoyed long before the sitting President had a speaking part, it can be enjoyed that way again and again become a historical show instead of a political one. Maybe someday our public might be able to learn that just because you can say something doesn't mean you should.

TrainsOfDisney

Maybe someday our public might be able to learn that just because you can say something doesn't mean you should.
The President shouldn’t say the oath of office!?

We are honestly saying the President of the United States shouldn’t be able to speak the oath of office!?

Goofyernmost

We are honestly saying the President of the United States shouldn’t be able to speak the oath of office!?
Yes, because I am saying that no sitting President should say anything at all. He/she would have said that oath of office when he/she were at their inauguration. That is where it is important, not in a Disney robot show. It was a popular show from opening in 1972 through 1993 (21 years) without that part and it is OK to say, it just shouldn't be said in keeping with the spirit of that show. It is unnecessary and changes the atmosphere completely without adding to it. In todays society it is actually more of a negative than a positive.

JIMINYCR

No. We are saying if a president saying anything is going to get a few guests to be disruptive and ruin the experience for everyone else then it’s better to have them not speaking.
If you want an oath of office said then have a neutral speaker like the narrator say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom