Hagrids Motorbike vs. Cosmic Rewind

Which coaster is a better experience?

• Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure

Votes: 50 64.1%
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind

Votes: 28 35.9%

• Total voters

JusticeDisney

of course Gringots mine carts rotate.............and I was going to point that out but I became too angry during the discussion earlier that I lost track. ;)

for some reason there be a lot of "angry bro's" around these parts particularly when Counselor stops by.
Not gonna lie, you still seem angry. Trust me, it’s okay if someone else sees something differently than you do. LOL!

Love Hagrid except for the following: It seems as if the back of the seat is made out of a molded plastic that I found dug into my back whenever the ride pushed me back in the seat. Other people in my party didn't have that problem and I haven't seen other people mention it, so maybe it's just me. But it definitely detracted from the experience for me.

bhg469

Just rode it today and got boarding group1 so we had to rope drop Epcot. We didn't get to experience the full queue, the section with the models was bypassed. The teleporting scene was great though, despite Terry Crews! I am being 100% honest, he was phoning that in. Everyone else was passable.

We rode in the front seat and our song was "September"

I found that the voice audio was lost during the ride and the music was taking front and center.

The screens weren't what I was paying attention to so maybe I need to ride it again to "get" the flow of the ride.

The ride itself was great, by far the best Disney ride with Rise in a close second. Having said that, it is NOT as good as Hagrids. The open spaces and landscape of Hagrids is much more pleasing. More physical sets and animatronics just take it a little further.

The rotation was just enough. It didn't cause any nauseous feelings and it really made the turns feel a little more fun. If it didn't rotate I think we would be saying this wasn't nearly as good and more like a guardians version of hyperspace mountain.

That's it... That's my take. I could easily see someone preferring one over the other but there is no way either is much better than the other.

Married5Times

Totally different experiences.

your're right.......it's not the same thing
vanilla ice death row chronicles GIF by BET

JT3000

I didn’t have to specify. It was clear what was being discussed. Guardians is one of a kind on these properties. Fact.
Except it's not clear what's being discussed when you present one ride as being unique under this previously unstated criteria and not the other, when they both clearly are. So either you're not giving Hagrid's its due credit or you really thought Guardians was "one-of-a-kind" regardless of location (which it's not.) Possibly both?

Tron is remotely comparable. Maybe you just haven’t ridden that yet though. LOL!
Not only is Orlando's Tron not even open yet (I thought it was clear we were specifically discussing Orlando?), but it's a fairly straightforward (mostly) indoor launch coaster that has none of the extra bells & whistles of Hagrid's. Not remotely comparable at all.

UpAllNight

Hagrids in the dark is probably the second best coaster in Orlando, after Velocicoaster in my opinion. Guardians is great though - all 3 in my top coasters for fun

Married5Times

found that the voice audio was lost during the ride and the music was taking front and center.
which to me is a big step in the right direction. I'll take it if even unintended or mistake by ride creators

even better if once one of the 6 songs starts there is no voice whatsoever to distract, disrupt or annoy. Bastardizing songs during the track run should be a hanging offense.

JusticeDisney

Except it's not clear what's being discussed when you present one ride as being unique under this previously unstated criteria and not the other, when they both clearly are. So either you're not giving Hagrid's its due credit or you really thought Guardians was "one-of-a-kind" regardless of location (which it's not.) Possibly both?

Not only is Orlando's Tron not even open yet (I thought it was clear we were specifically discussing Orlando?), but it's a fairly straightforward (mostly) indoor launch coaster that has none of the extra bells & whistles of Hagrid's. Not remotely comparable at all.
You really lack with reading comprehension skills. That’s all I can tell you. Everything I have said is accurate. You can try to keep up, or you can just keep arguing with yourself. Your call.

Married5Times

I have a pressing thought about Rewind:

it has been stated the ride is smooth. That description just doesn't do the ride proper. It just doesn't. I'm thinking overall it does the attraction a disservice.

Yes, it's smooth but so is Dwarf's Mine Train. On Rewind we glide and dance our way through........old school Fred Astaire style, light on our feet. During the moon/planet sequence(what I feel is the Climax) we are dancing in space in what just might be the greatest single moment in theme park ride history, anywherere, any property, any time. That moment is literally worth the price of admission into Epcot

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
I have a pressing thought about Rewind:

it has been stated the ride is smooth. That description just doesn't do the ride proper. It just doesn't. I'm thinking overall it does the attraction a disservice.

Yes, it's smooth but so is Dwarf's Mine Train. On Rewind we glide and dance our way through........old school Fred Astaire style, light on our feet. During the moon/planet sequence(what I feel is the Climax) we are dancing in space in what just might be the greatest single moment in theme park ride history, anywherere, any property, any time. That moment is literally worth the price of admission into Epcot
I liken it to be a satellite in orbit, with some propulsion here and there to change course.

Tom Morrow

Both coasters are very fun, but I voted for Hagrid's. It feels longer and more epic. The amount of setup for it feels appropriate for what you experience on the ride vs. Guardians, which has a Rise of the Resistance level of setup but a ride experience along the lines of Space Mountain. Hagrid's has at least a few physical sets and animatronics while on the ride. The continuous launches make Hagrid's feel overall more thrilling and exhilarating, and the slowdowns feel appropriate by including a physical show scene, whereas they are awkward in Guardians. Hagrid's is also thematically appropriate for the land it is in.

Now, Cosmic Rewind vs. Gringotts? The ride portion of Cosmic Rewind is what Gringotts should have been.

JT3000

You really lack with reading comprehension skills. That’s all I can tell you. Everything I have said is accurate. You can try to keep up, or you can just keep arguing with yourself. Your call.
My reading comprehension is just fine. You're simply disingenuous. But that's okay, we already knew that.

JusticeDisney

My reading comprehension is just fine. You're simply disingenuous. But that's okay, we already knew that.
LMAO! You’re posts demonstrate your fundamental ignorance. But hey, we all already knew that about you. Now get back here and make sure you have the last word. We all also know that you are THAT guy! 🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom