News H2O+ products shutting down???

Chip Chipperson

The bar soap always dries out my hands, so hopefully whatever Disney uses next will be better. I did like the orange scented products better, though - and the Mickey ear bottles (even if they sometimes opened during transit - that's why Ziploc bags exist). Despite the dry skin, the bars did come in handy dying recently when my wife and I raised that we had failed to purchase more Dial bars before used up the last one. Baggy full of Disney soap to the rescue!

flynnibus

Premium Member
Not surprising. H20+ was such a 90s brand and their continued existence seemed to depend on Disney. This makes me wonder if Disney declined to renew their partnership and H20+ couldn't find a way to continue business without them.
The information provided shows they were already losing money year after year.. so their problems didn't start with a lack of a renewal.

Stitchon

The information provided shows they were already losing money year after year.. so their problems didn't start with a lack of a renewal.

Believe me, I'm probably more in tune with their struggles than a lot of people here. Considering the timing of their last agreement announcement (2013), i'm inclined to believe they had a 10 year deal that expired. If anything, the agreement likely kept the company alive as a going concern while its parent company tried to figure out what to do.

Br0ckford

Coming soon: disney introducing Toiletries+

You can now order luxuries like a basic shampoo and conditioner from the app! Price per person. You're only allowed 3 products per day, and price will vary according to the hourly demand. And for an extra charge, you can even ask mousekeeping to bring it straight to your room! Stay in a deluxe and you'll also be able to request a moisturizing soap!

*disney will continue to keep with its basic hygiene obligations by offering a half bar of basic white soap that is bolted to the wall, lest god forbid some pleb tries to take it home like a free perk. Rest assured this will continue until the mouse successfully overturns whichever ruling forces them to give you that much
Yeah but you gotta be up at 6:58 am and keep refreshing or you gotta wait for the 1 pm drop. Then hope they call your boarding group or try and shower again tomorrow. That's assuming you've made your shower reservation for that day.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Believe me, I'm probably more in tune with their struggles than a lot of people here. Considering the timing of their last agreement announcement (2013), i'm inclined to believe they had a 10 year deal that expired. If anything, the agreement likely kept the company alive as a going concern while its parent company tried to figure out what to do.

Or it was something that basically evolved into something that existed only for this deal... and it never turned out to be a good deal for the investors. They were in the red year after year. If they evolved into something that existed pretty much only to be the Disney brand.. then it would make sense to fold up when Disney goes away.

Either way it doesn't look like it was a good business, even with the Disney deal.

dreday3

Hmmm. Does Disney still have a sponsorship or whatever it was with Scentsy? They have lotions. I don't know anything about the company, just saw someone talking about their lotions.

Epcot82Guy

I would assume we'll see something similar to Vegas, many Marriott brands, etc. Given supply chain issues, we may see a hodge podge of whatever is available. Then, they'll find a smaller known mid level brand they can more easily pass off as unique (stepping in for higher end). I don't see current management going with a true higher end brand, especially since they will be used across the resort (and resorts world wide) most likely.

Could certainly be wrong! That's just my guess.

ToTBellHop

I would assume we'll see something similar to Vegas, many Marriott brands, etc. Given supply chain issues, we may see a hodge podge of whatever is available. Then, they'll find a smaller known mid level brand they can more easily pass off as unique (stepping in for higher end). I don't see current management going with a true higher end brand, especially since they will be used across the resort (and resorts world wide) most likely.

Could certainly be wrong! That's just my guess.
I think they’ll find something of a similar caliber as H20+. Plenty of brands would gladly become ”the official Swamp Butt Remover of the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts and Disney Cruise Line”!

”What is that smell?“
”It’s grapefruit bergamot; thank you for noticing!”

Epcot82Guy

I think they’ll find something of a similar caliber as H20+. Plenty of brands would gladly become ”the official Swamp Butt Remover of the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts and Disney Cruise Line”!

”What is that smell?“
”It’s grapefruit bergamot; thank you for noticing!”

I agree with the concept entirely. But, knowing the terms Disney requires of its vendors and the chance to go cheaper, I have my doubts. Much like sponsorships, Disney isn't known for cutting the most fair deals for its sponsors and vendors...

I do hope they go with something equivalent and interesting. Because the benefits you raise are spot on. I just fear corporate giants gonna corporate giant...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
But imagine how much money can be saved with White Rain!

Gotta think bigger savings:

a6c6486fe94c879bfb436976e380d83b.jpg

In easy-to-refill bottles that are bolted onto the shower wall!

I also hear new pumps are forthcoming that will only dispense .005oz of soap/shampoo at a time in order to discourage guests from filling their own bottles. You'll waste dozens of gallons of water while trying to get enough to use, but Disney is saving money on soap/shampoo!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom