News H2O+ products shutting down???

Comped

I understand that this might be a ridiculous question but in the old agreement did Disney buy the products from H2O or did H20 provide free or even pay Disney for the opportunity as a marketing thing? I'm assuming Disney still paid and that buying the formula and all is cheaper, otherwise they would have just found another supplier.
I doubt, extremely, that H2O would have done this for free.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I suspect what happened here is not that TWDC purchased the formula, but rather that H2O+‘s parent company is continuing to custom produce this for Disney, just without the H2O+ name. Disney buys enough that they are willing to do something custom.

I've heard that the products are *slightly* different than before from someone I know who is down there right now... They say that while the scents are the same, the consistency is a little different, which would lend credence to the idea that Disney purchased the formulas but they are being produced by someone else other than H20 or its parent. Disney may have contracted with another company. I guess it's also possible that H20's parent company set up a new production line that is different than what existed before....

jmc28

Just came back from Disney last week. I noticed that the bar soap is now called "bath soap" and I believe it used to be called "facial soap." Also interesting to note is that the bar soap is now made in the USA (think it used to be made in Indonesia?)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom