Guide to DLR for WDW Veterans!

Curious Constance

Orlando is the centerpiece of the park's 2018 DISNEY-PIXAR-PIRATES HOT DOG DAYS promotion. He'll be launching wieners at unsuspecting boats while making non-gender-specific comments about everyone onboard.

FINALLY. Something to make the trip down to see! I can't imagine anything funner than riding POTC while having Orlando chucking weiners at my family and shouting things that won't shatter me and my daughter's fragile grip on reality.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I've heard there's a move to get it out before Comic-Con.

At this point I expect to be long dead and gone before Marvel land comes to DCA. They've been on the cusp of announcing attractions since the 2015 D23 Expo, and as we all know, nothing has happened yet.

4 months or less, I can handle that.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Looks like we don't have to wait long at all. Bugs Land closing late 2018. Marvel Land opens in phases starting in 2020. The site which shall not be named is also saying ITTBAB is now permanently closed.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...rt-disneyland-paris-and-hong-kong-disneyland/

Its already announced by Disney:

"At Disneyland Resort, the new Super Hero-themed land will begin recruiting guests in 2020, with even more new experiences to follow. The Guardians of the Galaxy will be joined by Spider-Man and the Avengers in what will become a completely immersive Super Hero universe, furthering the evolution of Disney California Adventure park. This new land will be anchored the popular Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!, in the adjacent space that is currently occupied by “a bug’s land.” “It’s Tough to Be a Bug” closed March 19 to make way for this new heroic experience; the rest of the land will close late in 2018."

SteamboatJoe

Glad that Bug's Land will still be open this summer. I always prefer to experience a park and land in it's totality but I am a realist and am actually thankful it's only ITTBAB that will be closed for my trip. It's my understanding it's more or less an exact clone of the AK version which I have seen and I imagine will continue playing there for some time.

SteamboatJoe

So the hours for 6/20 came out today. Is it normal for the items below to be listed as 'Schedule Unavailable'?

-Everything in Toon Town
-Explorer Canoes
-Hyperspace Mountain/Space Mountain
-Main Street Vehicles
-Riverboat
-Pirate's Lair
-Sailing Ship Columbia

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster
So the hours for 6/20 came out today. Is it normal for the items below to be listed as 'Schedule Unavailable'?

-Everything in Toon Town
-Explorer Canoes
-Hyperspace Mountain/Space Mountain
-Main Street Vehicles
-Riverboat
-Pirate's Lair
-Sailing Ship Columbia

Yup. Nothing unusual there. Columbia doesn't always run, so it's hit and miss. Everything else should show up on the schedule shortly.

SteamboatJoe

Am I going to be better off taking my day off from the parks and touring greater LA on a Friday (6/22), Saturday (6/23), or Sunday (6/24). I was originally planning on Friday because it's about halfway through my trip but got to thinking that rush hour traffic on Friday and big crowds on the weekends, especially with Pixar Pier opening on6/23, may make Saturday or Sunday a better option. Thoughts?

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster
Am I going to be better off taking my day off from the parks and touring greater LA on a Friday (6/22), Saturday (6/23), or Sunday (6/24). I was originally planning on Friday because it's about halfway through my trip but got to thinking that rush hour traffic on Friday and big crowds on the weekends, especially with Pixar Pier opening on6/23, may make Saturday or Sunday a better option. Thoughts?

Sunday is your best bet traffic wise, but there will still be traffic on Sundays because previous LA generations neglected to consider additional roads or public transportation when it would have been cheap to do so. Friday traffic is very bad starting at like 2PM and going to 7PM or so.

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster

Were you the one interested in WOC? If so, potentially bad news. One of the central fountain platforms has literally sunk. Not clear if the show will be able to make its June 22 return date.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom