Guests damaging property

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goofyernmost

If people would read and comprehend what he actually said there would be no issue.

"A mixture of trashy people, church groups and families with a lot of children."

A mixture of:
  • Trashy people
  • Church Groups
  • Families with a lot of children
He did not say:
A mixture of Trashy People:
  • Church groups
  • Families with a lot of children
People, pay attention to the punctuation in the sentence.
Why would anyone pay attention to them when no one of the "enlightened set" uses them anymore. Takes up to much time texting. We are currently on the path of having people that are technically savvy, but, unable to formulate or read a sentence in a way that can be understood or have the ability to understand. In other words, illiterate.

Goofyernmost

Then if mommy and daddy abused their child a little more, maybe he would think twice before acting out.
Abuse and applied discipline are two different animals. No ones talking about taking anyone out to the woodshed. We are talking about correcting bad behavior and if it doesn't work then a consequence of that behavior should be forthcoming. No one has died from getting their butt smacked or being deprived of something that they like or even public humiliation. It is a learning experience that we live through and when done properly actually strengthens the individual not destroy them.

mousehockey37

Abuse and applied discipline are two different animals. No ones talking about taking anyone out to the woodshed. We are talking about correcting bad behavior and if it doesn't work then a consequence of that behavior should be forthcoming. No one has died from getting their butt smacked or being deprived of something that they like or even public humiliation. It is a learning experience that we live through and when done properly actually strengthens the individual not destroy them.

But in today's society....

mousehockey37

Well, a lot has been made of that, but, it isn't as widespread a belief as the media has made it out to be.

Well, the media certainly doesn't help. I grew up in a household where if I did wrong, yeah, I got punished and I felt it for a day, lol. What's wrong is that there are helicopter parents who see a child being disciplined (ie a disruptive child being dragged out of a store by a parent so that others can shop in peace) and they get offended and see that as child abuse and they hit the speed dial and call it in. All the meanwhile, their little "angel" is the one that actually needs to be told "no".

Goofyernmost

Well, the media certainly doesn't help. I grew up in a household where if I did wrong, yeah, I got punished and I felt it for a day, lol. What's wrong is that there are helicopter parents who see a child being disciplined (ie a disruptive child being dragged out of a store by a parent so that others can shop in peace) and they get offended and see that as child abuse and they hit the speed dial and call it in. All the meanwhile, their little "angel" is the one that actually needs to be told "no".
I agree, and I cannot tell you how much I hope I am wrong, but, those princes and princesses are in for a rough ride when they get into the outside world. It would seem to me that it will be hard to have a parent say "I'm so proud of my children and what they have accomplished" over the next 20 years.

Bairstow

I left tootsie rolls in tin foil and grass grew on the rock because the green tiger flew before the monkey did after church on a tuesday.
FKCsJ61.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom