Guests damaging property

Status
Not open for further replies.

epcotisbest

Exactly this^

As my Uncle Greg used to tell me when I was helping him & his family move:
"What's the point of having all these boxes packed & neatly stacked if you cannot get them into the dang truck??"

Okay, he didn't really say that.
And I don't have an Uncle Greg.
I'm just really bored tonight. :oops:
I have a brother-in-law Greg and he never lets me drive the dang truck.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
It happens. Often online comments are easily misunderstood.

Yea. I re-read my original post and I never called youth groups trashy. I was just telling you guys what Carowinds' main guest draw is. And thats, like i said, a mixture of trashy people, church youth groups and families with lots of children. I didn't mean to combine the three. :p

WeLComeHomE OKW

This thread went downhill so fast because of a couple of words I didn't think would be such a big issue. I apologize.

I wouldn't worry too much.

I think the problem here (if I could add one more generalized statement to the pile) is that speaking in broad strokes doesn't do anyone a bunch of good. I actually think you're right in that broader sense.

And, none of us (unless you've got a PhD to show me) are really qualified to discuss the minute details of what socio-economic, age, and demographical factors play into attendance at amusement parks vs theme parks...which is why this went downhill.

I think all 3 play a giant factor. But, none are absolute and trying to argue that any of them are will get a lot of people riled up.

It's ridiculous from all parties involved trying to argue ONE of these things with a straight face or any backbone. Suggesting it's ONLY AGE, or IT'S MONEY, or nah they can't be church goers...people in my area that like the same things I do can't behave outside of my pre-conceptions!

Anyway, this was gonna be a mess no matter what.

KeithVH

tumblr_mqekrwsKsg1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Depends on how they are being led. If they are well chaperoned and if there are consequences if their behavior is unruly, they will respect where they are. I believe kids are as good as they are taught and led to be. There are lots of well behaved teen groups out there.
But replying to your comment about guests in general....
I've noticed a difference in guests behavior, over the last decade. Their cleanliness and care of their surroundings has decreased everywhere. I dont think its economically or age driven as much as a sign of changing times and how people are raised. Years ago people respected the property of others and were careful of how they treated other areas outside of their homes. Now theres less respect or morals being taught. What does it matter if I throw my garbage around or scratch my initials into the paint.... I can do what I want cause I paid to get in. It doesnt matter if its Disney or Uni or 6 Flags or any other park. Many guests just dont have morals anymore and it doesnt matter where they come from or their economical status.

Which is why the English put a fence around Stonehenge. Because people were scratching their initials into prehistoric stones (actually, they've been doing it for centuries, based upon some of the dates on initials I saw), chipping off pieces, etc. And this is Stonehenge. So why would they respect an amusement/theme park?

Goofyernmost

That is true.. Makes more sense that way than the income thing. Although most of the adults in the carolinas aren't much better than the teens..
HEY! Are you saying people in the Carolina's are all pond scum????

Sorry, I don't think that is what you were saying, but, I had to join into this train wreak of knee jerk reaction to stay with the theme. And we all know how important theme is to the average Disney fan. It would have, however, worked if the sentence had been "A mixture of church groups and families with a lot of children plus trashy people within all the groups."

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
HEY! Are you saying people in the Carolina's are all pond scum????

Sorry, I don't think that is what you were saying, but, I had to join into this train wreak of knee jerk reaction to stay with the theme. And we all know how important theme is to the average Disney fan. It would have, however, worked if the sentence had been "A mixture of church groups and families with a lot of children plus trashy people within all the groups."
If people would read and comprehend what he actually said there would be no issue.

"A mixture of trashy people, church groups and families with a lot of children."

A mixture of:
  • Trashy people
  • Church Groups
  • Families with a lot of children
He did not say:
A mixture of Trashy People:
  • Church groups
People, pay attention to the punctuation in the sentence.

R W B

If people would read and comprehend what he actually said there would be no issue.

"A mixture of trashy people, church groups and families with a lot of children."

A mixture of:
  • Trashy people
  • Church Groups
He did not say:
A mixture of Trashy People:
  • Church groups
People, pay attention to the punctuation in the sentence.
Hang on here, you mean you just used basic English reading skills taught in the 2nd grade to comprehend what was said and to fully understand it because apparently no one else in this thread could do that?? Amazing!

Horizons1

If some of those Tweens got the belt from mommy and daddy more they might think twice about acting out.

mousehockey37

Then if mommy and daddy abused their child a little more, maybe he would think twice before acting out.

Sadly, being a former educator, I've had kids that would answer... well, I'll just call child services on them. Wonderful world we live in, right?

Mouse_Trap

Looking at what those parks offer... they're just trying to keep up with Disney...

I especially get a laugh out of the photo people and "priority rider" things you can do at HP now... Wonder where they got those grand ideas from... :cautious:... such an innovative, new, cutting edge idea.

I don't Disney was the first to offer either of those.

May have been first with FastPass and FastPass+, but both of them should have been left in the imagineering junk yard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom