Guests damaging property

Status
Not open for further replies.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
So you have inspected teen youth groups across the country to come to your scientific conclusion?
I tend to agree with @WondersOfLife .

A Church-going teenager is not that different than a non Church-going teenager when away from their natural surroundings.

In fact some Church-going teenagers are far worse misbehaved in their personal lives than their counterparts.

Please remember that the OP is still a teenager himself, so he knows of what he speaks.

EDIT: @Boardwalker I'm responding to the thread....not just your post. Didn't mean it to sound that way!

Boardwalker

I tend to agree with @WondersOfLife .

A Church-going teenager is not that different than a non Church-going teenager when away from their natural surroundings.

In fact some Church-going teenagers are far worse misbehaved in their personal lives than their counterparts.

Please remember that the OP is still a teenager himself, so he knows of what he speaks.

EDIT: @Boardwalker I'm responding to the thread....not just your post. Didn't mean it to sound that way!

Cool, just wondering what the expectations of a church going teenager are.

BuddyThomas

So after going to Disney World last Saturday and then Carowinds yesterday.. I noticed something very different between the two parks (aside from, you know. Amusement vs. Theme park yaddayadda)..

The actual guests who visit the parks. Say what you will, but I believe the price of a park ticket affects the type of people that visit the parks. Disney's annual passes cost hundreds of dollars while Carowind's annual pass costs exactly 110 dollars.

There were LOTS of people that would obviously never afford to go to Disney that went to Carowinds. A mixture of trashy people, church groups and families with a lot of children.

Now I say all this because I believe that if the Disney park admission was as low as Carowinds, I bet that a lot of these people would be attending the Disney parks. Ruining park property. Carowinds has actually improved and is a REALLY nice park now compared to like, two years ago. The management must have noticed that the park was starting to, well, suck. The made a giant new beautiful entrance and they add new rides every year now.

But the sad thing is that the people that go there damage the property still. Teens everywhere throwing things into the river rapids track.. Ignoring safety cautions.. The workers at Carowinds must be really on top of their game now because they seem to be taking safety seriously and have better attitudes than the usual teenage get-me-money-for-college workers did in the past.

The guests at Disney aren't nearly as bad at ALL compared to the Carowinds guests. I mean, sure those brazillian tour groups, school field trips and all.. Those are some exceptions. Some will always find a way in. But not nearly as much as say, Carowinds and Six Flags. And I just really believe that it's all about the price to get in.

Kind of a random post, but was wondering if anyone else out there has been noticing this? Or has noticed this in the past.
So only poor people are trashy and destructive? Nice attitude. Apparently you've never been in the Hamptons during the summer to witness all the spoiled rich d*** bags acting like morons and destroying everything in sight.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
So only poor people are trashy and destructive? Nice attitude. Apparently you've never been in the Hamptons during the summer to witness all the spoiled rich d*** bags acting like morons and destroying everything in sight.
Sooooo...everyone that goes to the Hamptons are spoiled rich d*****bags? Perhaps it's the poor d*****bags that are destroying the stuff?

The OP was speaking from a teenage viewpoint. Please tell me you aren't speaking from the d*****bag viewpoint.

;)

mouse_luv

I'm just gonna leave this here...
651eae68cbd62bd6d32dba5843c14850.jpg

I B T L

WeLComeHomE OKW

Sounds good homie! Good talk!

"homie"
You are joyously racist and it's a beautiful (train wreck-y) thing to watch.

You're also trying to put posters in a corner by forcing them to say all church-goers are trashy, while simultaneously suggesting all church goers are not.

2 blanket statements don't make a right.

Nuance would do this thread a lot of good. And less bigotry. That too.

I B T L

Arthur Wellesley

And padlocking before packing would make packing much more difficult, so the advice is sound.
Exactly this^

As my Uncle Greg used to tell me when I was helping him & his family move:
"What's the point of having all these boxes packed & neatly stacked if you cannot get them into the dang truck??"

Okay, he didn't really say that.
And I don't have an Uncle Greg.
I'm just really bored tonight. :oops:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I think this is more about age demographics than financial demographics. Disney's primary audience is young children, families, and adults, most amusement parks primarily audience is teens.

Six Flags Magic Mountain has absolutely amazing rides but 99% of my trips are to Disneyland because the crowds and overall feeling couldn't be more different.

Teenagers, regardless of income, will always cause more chaos and destruction than any other demographic.

That is true.. Makes more sense that way than the income thing. Although most of the adults in the carolinas aren't much better than the teens..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom