Guests damaging property

Status
Not open for further replies.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
So after going to Disney World last Saturday and then Carowinds yesterday.. I noticed something very different between the two parks (aside from, you know. Amusement vs. Theme park yaddayadda)..

The actual guests who visit the parks. Say what you will, but I believe the price of a park ticket affects the type of people that visit the parks. Disney's annual passes cost hundreds of dollars while Carowind's annual pass costs exactly 110 dollars.

There were LOTS of people that would obviously never afford to go to Disney that went to Carowinds. A mixture of trashy people, church groups and families with a lot of children.

Now I say all this because I believe that if the Disney park admission was as low as Carowinds, I bet that a lot of these people would be attending the Disney parks. Ruining park property. Carowinds has actually improved and is a REALLY nice park now compared to like, two years ago. The management must have noticed that the park was starting to, well, suck. The made a giant new beautiful entrance and they add new rides every year now.

But the sad thing is that the people that go there damage the property still. Teens everywhere throwing things into the river rapids track.. Ignoring safety cautions.. The workers at Carowinds must be really on top of their game now because they seem to be taking safety seriously and have better attitudes than the usual teenage get-me-money-for-college workers did in the past.

The guests at Disney aren't nearly as bad at ALL compared to the Carowinds guests. I mean, sure those brazillian tour groups, school field trips and all.. Those are some exceptions. Some will always find a way in. But not nearly as much as say, Carowinds and Six Flags. And I just really believe that it's all about the price to get in.

Kind of a random post, but was wondering if anyone else out there has been noticing this? Or has noticed this in the past.

Bairstow

Oh definitely.
We've always noticed an especially pronounced difference when we've stuck a day at Busch Gardens Tampa in the middle of a Disney/Universal trip.

However, I don't think it's necessarily money that's often a barrier to trashier people being in the parks. A lot of it seems to be the convenience of getting in. Smaller regional parks, Six Flags especially, have sometimes shockingly cheap options for season passes and go out of their way to have convenient drop-off points for people at the front gates. Consequently, a lot of parents seem to use these amusement parks as ersatz day cares for their kids, dropping them off with their friends in the morning with their refill soda cup and picking them up in the evening. There's really nothing worse for a theme park environment than a pack of unsupervised tweens.
At Disney, and to a lesser extent the Universal parks, it's something of a chore for a parent to even get their kids and parents onto the property, let alone drop them off safely to play for the day, so you don't see it happening nearly as often.

mousehockey37

Oh definitely.
We've always noticed an especially pronounced difference when we've stuck a day at Busch Gardens Tampa in the middle of a Disney/Universal trip.

However, I don't think it's necessarily money that's often a barrier to trashier people being in the parks. A lot of it seems to be the convenience of getting in. Smaller regional parks, Six Flags especially, have sometimes shockingly cheap options for season passes and go out of their way to have convenient drop-off points for people at the front gates. Consequently, a lot of parents seem to use these amusement parks as ersatz day cares for their kids, dropping them off with their friends in the morning with their refill soda cup and picking them up in the evening. There's really nothing worse for a theme park environment than a pack of unsupervised tweens.
At Disney, and to a lesser extent the Universal parks, it's something of a chore for a parent to even get their kids and parents onto the property, let alone drop them off safely to play for the day, so you don't see it happening nearly as often.

I live in an area where there's a few parks around and with your local grocery store chain card, you can get tickets at a pretty good discount.

mousehockey37

So church goers are trashy are they ???

Not to throw fuel on the fire, but when exactly did Contemporary services start? Those are the "come as you are" services. They are now in addition to the traditional services that still take place where you put on your "Sunday best".

And just because a person goes to church doesn't dictate their actions outside of its walls. Want proof? Go to the grocery store on Sunday morning after the services are over....

JIMINYCR

The teens in the youth groups usually are, yes. It doesn't matter if these teens go to church or not. Teens are teens.
Depends on how they are being led. If they are well chaperoned and if there are consequences if their behavior is unruly, they will respect where they are. I believe kids are as good as they are taught and led to be. There are lots of well behaved teen groups out there.
But replying to your comment about guests in general....
I've noticed a difference in guests behavior, over the last decade. Their cleanliness and care of their surroundings has decreased everywhere. I dont think its economically or age driven as much as a sign of changing times and how people are raised. Years ago people respected the property of others and were careful of how they treated other areas outside of their homes. Now theres less respect or morals being taught. What does it matter if I throw my garbage around or scratch my initials into the paint.... I can do what I want cause I paid to get in. It doesnt matter if its Disney or Uni or 6 Flags or any other park. Many guests just dont have morals anymore and it doesnt matter where they come from or their economical status.

EpcoTim

Not to throw fuel on the fire, but when exactly did Contemporary services start? Those are the "come as you are" services. They are now in addition to the traditional services that still take place where you put on your "Sunday best".

And just because a person goes to church doesn't dictate their actions outside of its walls. Want proof? Go to the grocery store on Sunday morning after the services are over....

Or notice how "politely" people with the Jesus fish on their car drive.

Vegas Disney Fan

I think this is more about age demographics than financial demographics. Disney's primary audience is young children, families, and adults, most amusement parks primarily audience is teens.

Six Flags Magic Mountain has absolutely amazing rides but 99% of my trips are to Disneyland because the crowds and overall feeling couldn't be more different.

Teenagers, regardless of income, will always cause more chaos and destruction than any other demographic.

mousehockey37

You can get an annual pass at Dutch Wonder land for like 140...not on par

Looking at what those parks offer... they're just trying to keep up with Disney...

I especially get a laugh out of the photo people and "priority rider" things you can do at HP now... Wonder where they got those grand ideas from... :cautious:... such an innovative, new, cutting edge idea.

Cmdr_Crimson

I'll tell you the WORST Thing is....These stupid stickers they hand out...
11a1a261f1720321122f85ea287a6b9e.jpg

Give them to a bunch of Teens or any big group and your guarenteed to find one slapped about anywhere...And boy do I mean ANYWHERE...
DSC04005.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom