Guests at Pools

BigRedDad

Well, I will take this one step further and a lawyer under contract law would need to be more precise. The signs posted state: "This pool are is for the exclusive use of Disney's XYZ resort guests." The LEGAL term of guest is undefined. A guest can be anyone visiting the resort. In legal terms, that line needs to state people with paid Disney's XYZ resort reservations.

This goes to my claim that if I am a "guest" at a resort, patronizing it with my money, my DD could jump in the pool for a couple minutes. Because I am not a resident of said resort, have no ownership or rental agreement, I legally am a guest at the resort.

righttrack

The issue is one of implied liability as well. When a guest of the resort uses the pool, there is consent, often written, given of the risks of swimming in the pool and using the facilities. When you sign on the bottom line for your resort, you may be agreeing to a limited liability for WDW. Your guests may have no such agreement other than the sign.

Jedi Stitch

That CM should be fired! HOW DARE THEY! DON'T THEY KNOW THERE ARE SIGNS! SIGNS!
LOL. Ok, just to be clear. If you are staying at CBR in a pirate room and doing the pirate theme for your trip. Like Cpt. Barbosa said "Not exactly rules per say. but guide lines" Now walk the plank you landlubber there is a line ten deep here. ;)

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
LOL. Ok, just to be clear. If you are staying at CBR in a pirate room and doing the pirate theme for your trip. Like Cpt. Barbosa said "Not exactly rules per say. but guide lines" Now walk the plank you landlubber there is a line ten deep here. ;)

OK, just to be clear if the management at the resort say that it's OK, the stupid sign no longer matters to the party who's been authorized to use the pool.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I know that this is everyone's favorite meme on these boards when you want someone to get over something, but you people saw the movie, right? It didn't exactly work out for her and she ended up having to care again for not only her good, but the rest of the city...

:p

:joyfull:

Hockey89

Yes I'm able to read English quite well thank you. I just don't see the need for everything to be black or white. If it was okay with the castmember I spoke with, then no need for you to get so upset lol. Plus, I was speaking of a quiet pool at a moderate not a busy pool at a deluxe.
Clearly, you can't read or understand basic ideas... The world does not revolve around you and what you want....

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Clearly, you can't read or understand basic ideas... The world does not revolve around you and what you want....

2617647.jpg

LeighM

Unfortunately, I still see messages even when I unfollow the thread so let me respond to this. Let me see if I understand. I'm being judged by strangers online (who think they have more power and knowledge than the Disney resort employees), for waiting in line at my resort, to find out what the procedures are for a visitor spending a few hours with us at the hotel and whether it would be okay for us to use the pool, I'm given approval, and yet I'm being accused of thinking the world revolves around me and what I want (even though others posted they have done the same thing and also gotten approval)? Okaaayyyy. Or is it for advising the original poster to ask staff at her resort if it would be approved for them in their circumstance? Because, unlike you, I actually had something nice to say which contributed to the discussion instead of making a post with just the intention of being a jerk. And yet I'm the one being accused of thinking the world revolves around me LOL. You, sir, are an idiot. Since I don't see you saying anything else that I want to waste my time reading, I'll just officially ignore you now so I don't have to see whatever drivel you may post in the future. Drivel meaning talking nonsense, rubbish, and garbage. So continue to share your opinion to your heart's content, I'll be over here unable to see it :p

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Unfortunately, I still see messages even when I unfollow the thread so let me respond to this. Let me see if I understand. I'm being judged by strangers online (who think they have more power and knowledge than the Disney resort employees), for waiting in line at my resort, to find out what the procedures are for a visitor spending a few hours with us at the hotel and whether it would be okay for us to use the pool, I'm given approval, and yet I'm being accused of thinking the world revolves around me and what I want (even though others posted they have done the same thing and also gotten approval)? Okaaayyyy. Or is it for advising the original poster to ask staff at her resort if it would be approved for them in their circumstance? Because, unlike you, I actually had something nice to say which contributed to the discussion instead of making a post with just the intention of being a jerk. And yet I'm the one being accused of thinking the world revolves around me LOL. You, sir, are an idiot. Since I don't see you saying anything else that I want to waste my time reading, I'll just officially ignore you now so I don't have to see whatever drivel you may post in the future. Drivel meaning talking nonsense, rubbish, and garbage. So continue to share your opinion to your heart's content, I'll be over here unable to see it :p

Some people are so arrogant and have such huge egos that no matter what anyone says or does, they will find fault in it because to accept something that they don't believe themselves would be to admit that they are in fact flawed, and well that would just be stupid because they're not flawed; everyone else is.

Jedi Stitch

I say go have some Disney Magic. Ask a CM if there is any real issues, other than that, let someone else be the Pool Police, and Enjoy your vacation. If all else fails, dress as a pirate and hit the CBR pool. Noone should even bat an eyelined eye.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Actually, there's a rather large industry organized on giving people what they want -- it's called the service industry, and one could argue that Disney is in it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom